News Temporary Starbucks to open at Epcot

Magic Feather

Outside the entrance or in world showcase
Did the one by Mission: Space Close?

Also, I'm still unclear on the location? Will a temporary structure be built adjacent to the restrooms (where Wine Studio is for F&W) or will this move into Refreshment Port?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't get why people like coffee it is disgusting it just taste bitter, and why on earth do you want a hot beverage when your melting in the Florida heat?
I don't get why people can not understand that it is perfectly acceptable for someone else to like something they don't.

I hate ketchup with every fiber of my being. I have never once been even slightly perturbed that it is available at virtually every condiment counter in every place that serves food in the continental US.

If you don't like coffee don't drink it. No one is holding a gun to your head, forcing you into a Starbucks and demanding that you finish a venti Pike's Place.

ninjaprincesst

I don't get why people can not understand that it is perfectly acceptable for someone else to like something they don't.

I hate ketchup with every fiber of my being. I have never once been even slightly perturbed that it is available at virtually every condiment counter in every place that serves food in the continental US.

If you don't like coffee don't drink it. No one is holding a gun to your head, forcing you into a Starbucks and demanding that you finish a venti Pike's Place.
No but my problem with Starbucks is the smell, and people running all over carrying it around forcing you to smell it. Imagine if everyone was obsessed with tuna sandwiches and you hate the smell of tuna, and it's wafting all over the park and every where you go it smells like tuna , thats how I feel with all the Starbucks. not to mention the Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks was just heartbreaking, the wonderful baked goods smell replaced by nasty coffee smell.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No but my problem with Starbucks is the smell, and people running all over carrying it around forcing you to smell it. Imagine if everyone was obsessed with tuna sandwiches and you hate the smell of tuna, and it's wafting all over the park and every where you go it smells like tuna , thats how I feel with all the Starbucks. not to mention the Main Street Bakery becoming a Starbucks was just heartbreaking, the wonderful baked goods smell replaced by nasty coffee smell.
Everyone has odors they hate. You either avoid them or learn to deal with it.

If the smell of something so ubiquitous as coffee bothers you that much then I would suggest wearing a respirator.

ninjaprincesst

Everyone has odors they hate. You either avoid them or learn to deal with it.

If the smell of something so ubiquitous as coffee bothers you that much then I would suggest wearing a respirator.
I love how everyone is so brainwashed into thinking Starbucks is the end all be all. How dare someone not like it or object to literally the whole park being stunk up by it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I love how everyone is so brainwashed into thinking Starbucks is the end all be all. How dare someone not like it or object to literally the whole park being stunk up by it.
Not hardly. I think Starbucks is utter crap. About the only time I go in one is when my wife wants something from there.

I, however, understand that me not liking something does not automatically equate to it being bad.

ninjaprincesst

Not hardly. I think Starbucks is utter crap. About the only time I go in one is when my wife wants something from there.

I, however, understand that me not liking something does not automatically equate to it being bad.
No if others like it great, it's just the smell I object to, and for some reason Starbucks smell is super strong. There is one way down the street from my office and you can smell it inside the office. I didn't mean to upset anyone, and my main point was with the state Epcot is in right now with construction there are a whole lot of things needed more than another Starbucks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Did the one by Mission: Space Close?

Also, I'm still unclear on the location? Will a temporary structure be built adjacent to the restrooms (where Wine Studio is for F&W) or will this move into Refreshment Port?

I assume they are going to use one of the kiosk from the F&W festival that is in that area.

jaklgreen

No if others like it great, it's just the smell I object to, and for some reason Starbucks smell is super strong. There is one way down the street from my office and you can smell it inside the office. I didn't mean to upset anyone, and my main point was with the state Epcot is in right now with construction there are a whole lot of things needed more than another Starbucks.

I hear what you are saying about smells that bother you. I actually have severe allergic reactions to the smell of cigarettes and perfumes/cologne. My eyes start to water, my nose plugs up, my throat starts to itch and swell. And my symptoms get worse as I age. I wish people on a regular daily basis did not wear any perfume or cologne and save them for special outings. I am beyond thrilled that the parks are now smoke free. Now the only places that I have to try to run past holding my breath is the entrance area. I actually like the smell of coffee but I can sympathize with others that have "that smell" that makes them sick. I envy people that don't have these issues, they will NEVER understand how it affects your life in a very negative way daily. For me, I struggle with every day, normal things like going to the store because there is usually someone that has to smoke right up the the entrance, or light up the second they walk out of the door.

Bocabear

I don't get why people like coffee it is disgusting it just taste bitter, and why on earth do you want a hot beverage when your melting in the Florida heat?
Why are you even responding to this thread? This adds nothing to the conversation...
Seriously after reading more of your posts, OK we get it you hate coffee... Stop worrying about where the replacement Starbucks is going to be...It doesn't impact you...they are not going to force you to walk through a Starbucks to get into an attraction....

ThatMouse

The "if you don't like it, don't do it" argument is a bad one, because those Starbucks buildings are taking up space for something that could be totally unique to Disney World. How about Disney branded coffee or drinks? I mean, why not put a Panera or a McDonalds there too! Hey if you don't like it, you don't have to go inside. On the plus side, when we can no longer afford Disney, we can just go to any stripmall and it be basically the same thing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The "if you don't like it, don't do it" argument is a bad one, because those Starbucks buildings are taking up space for something that could be totally unique to Disney World. How about Disney branded coffee or drinks? I mean, why not put a Panera or a McDonalds there too! Hey if you don't like it, you don't have to go inside. On the plus side, when we can no longer afford Disney, we can just go to any stripmall and it be basically the same thing.
It is a perfectly valid argument when you are talking about a theme park that is over 300 acres and contains dozens of restaurants and multiple attractions. Not everyone is going to like everything.

I am not a big fan of middle-eastern food. I am not going to stand outside of the Spice Road Table and protest it's existence until they make it something I like. I am going to walk a few hundred feet to the right or left and grab some crepes or sushi.

As to the "make it original" argument, I am sure many of us would like that, but the masses often want something familiar. They want that same cup of coffee the get at home. Having something like a Starbucks on property fills that need.

KBLovedDisney

Just to let ya know Steve, there is a typo in the news item.

“Similar to other Walt Disney World Starbucks location, the temporary offerings will continue to serve beverages, pasties and breakfast.”

While Epcot is quite adult these days, pretty sure pasties are not part of the normal attire.
Unless they are currently Christmas themed:cautious:

Bocabear

It is actually baffling to me why Disney did not create their own brand using the "Theme Perks" logo. There is nothing that Starbucks,Caribou or Joffrey's that is completely original. The Starbucks branding and marketing seems to be the biggest thing they do best. (I personally like their dark roast style, but I get it, not everyone does). With the inception of Disney Springs, they could have built a whole Coffee Roasting facility supplying the Theme Parks nation-wide with roasted coffee... The Machinery for this and the drinks is not patented to a single coffee roaster. It would have cost to start up, but would have been a wonderful, unique to Disney addition... Also, Theme Perks tm Roasted Coffees could have been marketed nationally for retail sale.
It was a cute idea to sell mugs that could have really expanded into their own brand...

msteel

Just to let ya know Steve, there is a typo in the news item.

“Similar to other Walt Disney World Starbucks location, the temporary offerings will continue to serve beverages, pasties and breakfast.”

While Epcot is quite adult these days, pretty sure pasties are not part of the normal attire.

Maybe they're trying to cater to yoopers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom