News Temporary Starbucks to open at Epcot

tirian

9F009AB9-74EF-4066-892C-D3E7F946FBEF.jpeg

From Blogmickey

Nothing says World Showcase like standard generic Starbucks decor. Could it have killed them to do even a little bit of theming rather than the standard Starbucks box. I’ve got Starbucks by me with more local theming than this.
It's more timeless, more relevant, more Disney.
Its temporary too

This is the first time Disney puts someone else’s store design within one of their theme parks. Even as a temporary building, the principle behind it is concerning.

aladdin2007

This is the first time Disney puts someone else’s store design within one of their theme parks. Even as a temporary building, the principle behind it is concerning.

agree, it really is bothersome. Plus this park is quickly becoming the next Disney Springs,,,they can use the excuse of the guardians coaster and ratatouille additions all they want, but the entire design plan is just another deluxe shopping and drinking mall...even the American Adventure can't have its own pavilion themed store anymore, it now has to be a art of Disney shop instead of what it was intended to be.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It’s an eyesore. It goes against everything imagineering stood for, and it’s exactly what you can find in any strip mall. Frankly is lazy and disappointing.
It’s ... say it with me ... temporary. We’ll survive.

It’s also better than 3/4 of the F&WF kiosks clogging up World Showcase for what feels like 9 months of the year.

trainplane3

Okay, if I show up at 6:30 am, is that early enough or should I Lyft to BoardWalk at 5 am and walk over to be safe? I want to ensure that I see this a latte.
5am for sure. They may open the gates early. OH. Don't forget to get you Boarding Pass too. It's first come, first serve. I heard there could be reliability issues with the machines too so be prepared for long waits.

Wait what thread is this.

Clamman73

I don't see why not the Cool wash or Donut spot would make a good second spot...open at Park opening, far away from this new one and always decent amount of traffic through that area.

tirian

It’s ... say it with me ... temporary. We’ll survive.

It’s also better than 3/4 of the F&WF kiosks clogging up World Showcase for what feels like 9 months of the year.

There’s the significant concern that Disney is putting a strip mall store design into one of its theme parks. Making the side a living garden wall would help.

The principle has been established; the line has been crossed. I know this sounds melodramatic for a temporary coffee location, but it’s highly unusual for Disney to simply plop someone else’s design into one of their parks. It’s never been done before—anywhere.

Then again, I know it’s temporary. I’m not wringing my hands. I’m simply raising an eyebrow.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I imagine they were required (maybe contractually) to get it up quickly and went with a design that was ready to go. Probably pre fabed
Prefab would be an actual trailer. Where is Starbucks using trailers for retail locations? Other than that there is really no such thing as “a design ready to go” as even prototype store designs used by chains are modified for each location.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There’s the significant concern that Disney is putting a strip mall store design into one of its theme parks. Making the side a living garden wall would help.

The principle has been established; the line has been crossed. I know this sounds melodramatic for a temporary coffee location, but it’s highly unusual for Disney to simply plop someone else’s design into one of their parks. It’s never been done before—anywhere.

Then again, I know it’s temporary. I’m not wringing my hands. I’m simply raising an eyebrow.
Maint St USA was based on someone else's design. So was FrontierLand, Liberty Square, 90% of DHS and every World Showcase Pavilion.

Where was the outrage in 1955 when the man himself plopped down a recreation of his hometown instead of coming up with something original?

lazyboy97o

Maint St USA was based on someone else's design. So was FrontierLand, Liberty Square, 90% of DHS and every World Showcase Pavilion.

Where was the outrage in 1955 when the man himself plopped down a recreation of his hometown instead of coming up with something original?
I am surprised to see such a dumb comparison being made. Main Street, USA is not a recreation of Marceline nor were any of the storefronts the prototype design of any of the leasees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom