News Temporary Starbucks to open at Epcot

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am surprised to see such a dumb comparison being made. Main Street, USA is not a recreation of Marceline nor were any of the storefronts the prototype design of any of the leasees.
I am surprised that you don't get that I was not talking about an exact, down to the last nail replica. I am referring to a design style or aesthetic.

Main St is not original. It is a common architectural style in America used to this day. Why does it get a pass but replicating the design aesthetic commonly used by a particular coffee company, (a style I might add is not at all unique to said coffee company) does not?

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It’s ... say it with me ... temporary. We’ll survive.

It’s also better than 3/4 of the F&WF kiosks clogging up World Showcase for what feels like 9 months of the year.
Again there used to be a standard no matter how long something is around, if it’s an eyesore it wouldn’t even have been considered. There are plenty of other places to get coffee at Epcot. But hey, at least you’ll get your caffeine fix ...

lazyboy97o

I am surprised that you don't get that I was not talking about an exact, down to the last nail replica. I am referring to a design style or aesthetic.

Main St is not original. It is a common architectural style in America used to this day. Why does it get a pass but replicating the design aesthetic commonly used by a particular coffee company, (a style I might add is not at all unique to said coffee company) does not?
Because that’s part of the story...

lazyboy97o

No, All I was saying is that they already broke their rules before this.
Not the same issue. The aesthetic of Starbucks on Main Street does not match Starbucks’ brand identity. Even if they are somehow the same, prior bad decisions should not be used justify new ones.

tirian

Maint St USA was based on someone else's design. So was FrontierLand, Liberty Square, 90% of DHS and every World Showcase Pavilion.

Where was the outrage in 1955 when the man himself plopped down a recreation of his hometown instead of coming up with something original?

This is a joke, right?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is a joke, right?
Not at all. You guys a freaking out that an architectural style that was used outside of the parks is now being used inside the parks. Why is it OK for some parts but not others?

It is not like they are putting this thing in Adventureland. It is going along the rose walk. Does this building somehow clash with concrete paths, green steel fencing, grass, and rose bushes?

lazyboy97o

Not at all. You guys a freaking out that an architectural style that was used outside of the parks is now being used inside the parks. Why is it OK for some parts but not others?
Those styles are chosen due to the story, not a vendor’s brand guidelines. Do you really not see the difference?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Those styles are chosen due to the story, not a vendor’s brand guidelines. Do you really not see the difference?
I see the difference, the point that you seem to be missing is there is no story to tell along the rose walk. We are not taking a magical journey through turn of the century America or into the wilds of Africa. It is a concrete path between a grassy noll.

Throw this thing up in front of E:E and I would be right there with you, but it is a non-issue for where it is going.

JayKZ

I see the difference, the point that you seem to be missing is there is no story to tell along the rose walk. We are not taking a magical journey through turn of the century America or into the wilds of Africa. It is a concrete path between a grassy noll.

Throw this thing up in front of E:E and I would be right there with you, but it is a non-issue for where it is going.
And if the location becomes permanent, I can understand some folks' consternation if it remains "Starbucks Corporate" design. But it's temporary. And if it becomes permanent, it's a freaking box. A box that can be easily rethemed to match whatever magical story grows up around it.

MagicHappens1971

It'll go straight to junk mail.

It's already been built.

Starbucks probably paid for it.

And no one in management wants their egos bruised by agreeing with or appeasing "toxic online fans".
Starbucks has nothing to do with the in park stores. Starbucks does not franchise/own these, they license the rights to use their products and such to Disney. This design choice was clearly Disneys.

Bocabear

m,y bigger question is they took a vary high capacity double Starbucks, that still always had long lines and reduced it to a mini Starbucks kiosk...Unless they are adding several, the lines are going to be slow and horrible.
Why could they not have built a bigger outlet given the crowds...?
And we all know that Disney's "Temporary" always goes on for years... not a temporary to get through a season...+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom