News Temporary Starbucks to open at Epcot

ImperfectPixie

Which I don’t get. Starbucks is perfectly fine for a quick grab. Not saying it’s good but for a quick grab it’s suitable for its need. (caffeine).
My two reasons are because it smells and tastes burnt...and because the ultra bitter smell/taste can't be masked with cream and sugar. I'd rather drink the cheapest instant coffee on the supermarket shelf (and I also generally hate instant) because at least cream and sugar can doctor it up a little. I will drink Starbucks if I have absolutely no choice and need the caffeine, but that's it.

My two reasons are because it smells and tastes burnt...and because the ultra bitter smell/taste can't be masked with cream and sugar. I'd rather drink the cheapest instant coffee on the supermarket shelf (and I also generally hate instant) because at least cream and sugar can doctor it up a little. I will drink Starbucks if I have absolutely no choice and need the caffeine, but that's it.

To be fair they do burn a lot yeah. Oddly enough I find iced masks that though. At least for me.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
9F009AB9-74EF-4066-892C-D3E7F946FBEF.jpeg

From Blogmickey

Nothing says World Showcase like standard generic Starbucks decor. Could it have killed them to do even a little bit of theming rather than the standard Starbucks box. I’ve got Starbucks by me with more local theming than this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes, it's temporary until it isn't.

Why only have one Starbucks when you can have two for twice the price.
It would not be unprecedented. There are multiple locations across the globe where you literally have a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks. I think Houston even had one area with 3. (2 Starbucks and one B&N)

Your typical Starbucks can only service so many people per hour. Once you exceed that limit and your turn away business becomes greater than what you need to make a store profitable, it just makes sense to open another. Even if it is right next door.

I am honestly surprised that they have yet to open another location in MK.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It would not be unprecedented. There are multiple locations across the globe where you literally have a Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks. I think Houston even had one area with 3. (2 Starbucks and one B&N)

Your typical Starbucks can only service so many people per hour. Once you exceed that limit and your turn away business becomes greater than what you need to make a store profitable, it just makes sense to open another. Even if it is right next door.

I am honestly surprised that they have yet to open another location in MK.
I've always wondered this too, unless they have a contractual agreement which limits them to only one location per park.

dreday3

I'm all for having two. Starbucks lines were the longest I waited in at any of the parks and that's counting rides! 😄

Tanna Eros

I've consistently had that problem. I get coffee from old man stores because of it. I thought it was just my taste buds.

Kman101

Would that not be SUPER low capacity? OG Starbs has two banks of four registers and still managed a line at most hours.

Yeah, not sure what they're thinking with this ... ? Who makes this kind of decision because ... And did they not even think this out?

It's going to get very crowded in that spot by the new restrooms.

Will this get knocked down when the new one opens in a few years? A second one?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
All of the hullaballoo and no mention of the new temporary Joffery's location outside of the International Gateway beside the Skyway ?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What were you expecting for a temporary structure or a Starbucks for that matter? When Starbucks stores are not following the architecture of the strip mall they are in, they tend to be minimalist structures often accented with reclaimed wood.

d9N8OfXy-4928-3264.jpg

dwcsbuxwest.jpg
Oh you know, something that didn’t look like a strip mall Starbucks. What ever happened to theme, no matter how temporary or small it is, it should still live up to the Disney (former Disney) standard. The bar is low these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom