Temporary Magic Kingdom Parade Route Executed

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sure...Prolly in the 70's when MK just opened.Someone go get Martin.:D

You rang? :D

The MSEP premiered June 11th 1977 in Orlando, and it had its last run September 14th 1991. For 2 weeks there was no parade until Spectro premiered on October 1st.
Previous to that, the EWP ran from November 1971 having premiered at the dedication of the Polynesian, and America on Parade ran for 3 months in 1976 both day and night.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Well guys, here's a recap.

The new route went on without a problem in sight. I picked the hub, where the train tracks split as my location. It went off just as expected. It was weird to see the castle float go by, and the title float slowly creeping up from the side. It was an awkward feeling. lol.

The second performance, I stood in Town Square at the end of Main Street. As soon as the parade went by torwards the castle, main street was packed full of people for about 3 minutes. Sure enough, 3 minutes after it had passed, the street was empty again, and here came the parade for a second pass. Sadly, it WAS dark enough for the Main Street lights to go on, but it didn't happen until RIGHT after the parade was over. I have no idea why they waited. It would have looked SO cool.

------------------

There are now at least 4 Main Street citizens that are hooked up on Microphones throughout Main Street through the main speakers, explaining that it's Founders Day on Main Street, and Mickey insisted that the Parade go by twice. I thought it was a good cover up, and a Great way to keep with the Main Street Theming.

------------------

The Liberty Square bridge was completely closed off, as expected. You can tell there's something going on back there, with the sounds of drills, and wood being sawed.

------------------

Dream Along with Mickey was shown 2 extra times tonight to compensate for SpectroMagic. This is one of the only times you can see Dream Along in pitch black night, with the castle lights, besides the Pirate and Princess Party. It was amazing, and I definitely recommend it while you can!

------------------

Ya, my Video Camera can't hook up to my laptop, so your going to have to wait until Monday for photos and video. Sorry Guys!

------------------

Hope all is well!

Have a Magical Night! :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

You rang? :D

The MSEP premiered June 11th 1977 in Orlando, and it had its last run September 14th 1991. For 2 weeks there was no parade until Spectro premiered on October 1st.
Previous to that, the EWP ran from November 1971 having premiered at the dedication of the Polynesian, and America on Parade ran for 3 months in 1976 both day and night.

Thanks,Marni!:wave:

One more question-When did MSEP return?

EPCOT Explorer

Well guys, here's a recap.

The new route went on without a problem in sight. I picked the hub, where the train tracks split as my location. It went off just as expected. It was weird to see the castle float go by, and the title float slowly creeping up from the side. It was an awkward feeling. lol.

The second performance, I stood in Town Square at the end of Main Street. As soon as the parade went by torwards the castle, main street was packed full of people for about 3 minutes. Sure enough, 3 minutes after it had passed, the street was empty again, and here came the parade for a second pass. Sadly, it WAS dark enough for the Main Street lights to go on, but it didn't happen until RIGHT after the parade was over. I have no idea why they waited. It would have looked SO cool.

------------------

There are now at least 4 Main Street citizens that are hooked up on Microphones throughout Main Street through the main speakers, explaining that it's Founders Day on Main Street, and Mickey insisted that the Parade go by twice. I thought it was a good cover up, and a Great way to keep with the Main Street Theming.

------------------

The Liberty Square bridge was completely closed off, as expected. You can tell there's something going on back there, with the sounds of drills, and wood being sawed.

------------------

Dream Along with Mickey was shown 2 extra times tonight to compensate for SpectroMagic. This is one of the only times you can see Dream Along in pitch black night, with the castle lights, besides the Pirate and Princess Party. It was amazing, and I definitely recommend it while you can!

------------------

Ya, my Video Camera can't hook up to my laptop, so your going to have to wait until Monday for photos and video. Sorry Guys!

------------------

Hope all is well!

Have a Magical Night! :wave:

How cool!

Can't wait for the vid!:D

disney9752

I'm sure...Prolly in the 70's when MK just opened.Someone go get Martin.:D
well here is the other side to that answer, msep did NOT run all year long during its first run at wdw ONLY during peak seasons such as easter, spring break, summer & thanksgiving weekend. Until mvmcp started being held on more nights in the early 90's in mk the christmas parade actually ran day & nite, this was before spectro came along, so by 91 that was done. also aop ran day & night in 75 & 76. :wave: anyone else old enough to remember that time?

wdwfan22

And while we are talking about the day parade - the folks over at MiceChat, ie - Al Lutz, says the following:

"Before the Parade Passes By
And yes, that means the Magic Kingdom out in Orlando has to soldier on for yet another year with its very tired Dreams Come True parade they've had since the 1990's."

If this holds true, it looks like the MK is stuck with the same 'ol same 'ol for a while - again.

**sigh**:brick:

Actually the Share A Dream Come True Parade began in 2001 not during the 90s. It was revised to Disney's Dreams Come True Parade in 2006.

kcw

Actually the Share A Dream Come True Parade began in 2001 not during the 90s. It was revised to Disney's Dreams Come True Parade in 2006.

ya, but it's still the same darn parade-- I think that was the point he was trying to emphasize

jrh1985

If someone wants to try it, try standing on the RR Station with a video camera that has a good zoom on it and get the whole parade experience. I think that would look cool!

Oh MPaul, you are right about how good DAWM looks after dark. Would you have time to video a show?

mpaul32001

Original Poster
If someone wants to try it, try standing on the RR Station with a video camera that has a good zoom on it and get the whole parade experience. I think that would look cool!

Oh MPaul, you are right about how good DAWM looks after dark. Would you have time to video a show?

Already done. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom