Temporary Magic Kingdom Parade Route Executed

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Temporary Magic Kingdom Parade Route Executed - *All Videos Up!*

The temporary Disney Dreams Come True Parade route for the period the Liberty Square Bridge goes under construction will be executed tomorrow, August 15th, 2008.

This change was in the Times guide today, and is also on the Official WDW Times and Information Guide in which you can pick up at your resort. It clearly lists the DDCTP taking place at 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM.

Also, on the times guide, I noticed that there will be 2 extra performances of Dream Along with Mickey to compensate for there being no showings of SpectroMagic.

This new schedule will take place from Friday, August 15th, - Friday, August 29th. Spectromagic is canceled throughout this entire time frame.

Hope this helps anyone who was planning a trip! :wave:

Edit:

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Opening Gate - Revised Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hauu38bQkkI&fmt=18

PreParade - Hub1 - Revised Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVZKwu2KIk&fmt=18

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Hub 1- Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjnRSg9Cuy8&fmt=18

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Hub 1- Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S23Yc9bbRk&fmt=18

PreParade - Hub 2 - Revised Route

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSCVPMHf35g&fmt=18

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Hub 2 - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81mNFg4Qcfs&fmt=18

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Hub 2 - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzKRqO0Ilig&fmt=18

Disney Dreams Come True Parade - Train Station - 5:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKuYzYzDvk&fmt=18

hpyhnt 1000

The temporary Disney Dreams Come True Parade route for the period the Liberty Square Bridge goes under construction will be executed tomorrow, August 15th, 2008.

This change was in the Times guide today, and is also on the Official WDW Times and Information Guide in which you can pick up at your resort. It clearly lists the DDCTP taking place at 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM.

Also, on the times guide, I noticed that there will be 2 extra performances of Dream Along with Mickey to compensate for there being no showings of SpectroMagic.

This new schedule will take place from Friday, August 15th, - Friday, August 29th. Spectromagic is canceled throughout this entire time frame.

Hope this helps anyone who was planning a trip! :wave:

PS. I'll be getting lots of video of the new route! Be prepared for Youtube! :p

Excellent... *laughs maliciously*

:lol:

Thanks for the effort. :wave:

the-reason14

Ok so, why is Spectro not showing? If they can show the daytime parade cant they show the night time one too? Is it because of some Spectro refurb?

Rob562

Ok so, why is Spectro not showing? If they can show the daytime parade cant they show the night time one too? Is it because of some Spectro refurb?

Spectro is at least twice as long as the daytime parade. They were able to still run the daytime parade because it's short enough that it fits within the Hub in its entirety (minus one float).

The floats will all circle the Hub together, and as the last float enters the Hub, the first one will be leaving it. They could not run Spectro the same way, so they decided to not show it at all during these two weeks, rather than run a VERY cut-down version of it.

Oh, and to MPaul... Perhaps you could tape one showing of the parade near where Main Street meets the Hub... It'll be interesting to see if there are any traffic jams at this critical point in the route.

-Rob

imamouse

Bummer about no Spectro for folks visiting during this time, but at least the bridge is finally being repaird. Thanks for the update and video (in advance).

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Oh, and to MPaul... Perhaps you could tape one showing of the parade near where Main Street meets the Hub... It'll be interesting to see if there are any traffic jams at this critical point in the route.

-Rob

Oh, Definitely! I'll be here all weekend, and plan to get at least 4 different angles of the new route. I can't wait to see what it looks like with Main Street completely lit! Yesterday the lights turned on at 6:50 PM, so it'll definitely be interesting. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, Definitely! I'll be here all weekend, and plan to get at least 4 different angles of the new route. I can't wait to see what it looks like with Main Street completely lit! Yesterday the lights turned on at 6:50 PM, so it'll definitely be interesting. :wave:

OOOH...That will be cool.Can't wait to see!!:king:

mpaul32001

Original Poster
OOOH...That will be cool.Can't wait to see!!:king:

Ya, I see this as more of a test run to see if MK can have a parade that takes place in the daytime, and the nighttime, just like Parade of Dreams. Just my opinion though. :p

If you haven't noticed, all of the DDCTP floats have lights on them, just in case something like this happened. And it did! And it's going to look smashing!

EPCOT Explorer

Ya, I see this as more of a test run to see if MK can have a parade that takes place in the daytime, and the nighttime, just like Parade of Dreams. Just my opinion though. :p

If you haven't noticed, all of the DDCTP floats have lights on them, just in case something like this happened. And it did! And it's going to look smashing!

And aren't we rumored to get Parade of Dreams?:D

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Ah.Things happen for a reason I guess...:D

They just have to change out the DL float.;)

Well, keep in mind, this was just my opinion. We can only hope.

But picture it this way. MK could have just had the daytime parade at 3:00 PM, and just not have a nightime parade, and I'm sure they would have been fine crowdwise. They must have had some other reason to go the extra mile. This is just me being positive though. :p

EPCOT Explorer

Well, keep in mind, this was just my opinion. We can only hope.

But picture it this way. MK could have just had the daytime parade at 3:00 PM, and just not have a nightime parade, and I'm sure they would have been fine crowdwise. They must have had some other reason to go the extra mile. This is just me being positive though. :p

True...But I'm pretty sure they would do a night showing.They have to make up for Spectro SOMEHOW.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
True...But I'm pretty sure they would do a night showing.They have to make up for Spectro SOMEHOW.

Wasn't there a period of time where MK didn't have a nightime parade? I don't remember if it was between the MSEP returning, or if Spectro was under refurb.

Oh well, all that matters is they're making up for it, and this'll be a nice change while it lasts.

EPCOT Explorer

Wasn't there a period of time where MK didn't have a nightime parade? I don't remember if it was between the MSEP returning, or if Spectro was under refurb.

Oh well, all that matters is they're making up for it, and this'll be a nice change while it lasts.
I'm sure...Prolly in the 70's when MK just opened.Someone go get Martin.:D

Rob562

Actually, the Christmas Parade is one that they run both at night (during the Christmas Parties) and during the day (as the afternoon parade during Christmas Week).

-Rob

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
And while we are talking about the day parade - the folks over at MiceChat, ie - Al Lutz, says the following:

"Before the Parade Passes By
As we'd told you in an earlier column, the reason Fantasmic runs nightly this winter is that the Disneyland parade route will be repaved and the horse drawn streetcar tracks will be replaced. But when the route returns in March, the new World of Wonder parade won't have arrived yet. That parade is still planned for Disneyland, but has now been pushed back to 2010 instead of 2009.
One of the biggest reasons for the sudden delay is due to the problems they've been having with the Pixar Play Parade. The Worlds of Wonder parade is planned to have even more moving parts than the Pixar Play Parade, with big swinging pirate ships on the Pirates of the Caribbean float, spinning boulders on the Adventureland float, etc. The Disneyland Safety Department, (the same folks behind the decision to equip the new monorails with tiny window vents that prevent air flow into the sauna-like cabins), are behind these parade changes as well.
The Worlds of Wonder parade will still be impressive, as it's on a very large scale with some truly beautiful artistry backing it up, but as of now it's going to be folded into the 55th Anniversary offerings for 2010. And yes, that means the Magic Kingdom out in Orlando has to soldier on for yet another year with its very tired Dreams Come True parade they've had since the 1990's."

If this holds true, it looks like the MK is stuck with the same 'ol same 'ol for a while - again.

**sigh**:brick:

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Actually, the Christmas Parade is one that they run both at night (during the Christmas Parties) and during the day (as the afternoon parade during Christmas Week).

-Rob

Wow! That completely left my mind! Thanks for the correction. I'll just be quiet now. lol.

Edit: Well, off to the Parks! Be back later with footage! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom