Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

mousehockey37

This is the thread that just wouldn't die...

It also seems to be the place to let out some pint up frustrations on a 15 year old girl.

And one parent's moronic decision to (perhaps) sue because of their spoiled brat of a kid is now a reflection on an entire country of people. There's some real bitterness playing out here.

...Good grief, I can't believe I got sucked into this thread, too.

It's a thread that won't die because of the relevance to people and their ignorance.

This instance just happens to be high profile, but really, how many times a day does Disney Guest Relations/Customer Service have to deal with people and their complaints. Now don't get me wrong, there are legitimate complaints that should be dealt with, but this girl and her family are wasting time and money for something that is established in Disney's rules.

And yes, this country is turning from hard working to what can I get for nothing. There are hard working people out there, but as we all know, those people are overshadowed by the people that want something for nothing and will go to whatever lengths to get it.

I used to work in student loans and I read an article about a guy who lives in the Texas region of the country and he doesn't pay bills and stuff, but he's got a law degree and he waits for collection calls and such to his home. He waits and finds the faults in the calls and then sues the companies to forgive his debts. Some see that as smart, I see it as lazy.

Just remember, the people that pull the stupid crap are the reason that you pay more to get in, and have tougher standards to get in the door.

wrestler1918

Like everybody else i agree with disney on this. Quit your complaining and dont waste your money on a lawyer, you got your 5 minutes of fame now just drop it. if they sue disney the family will lose because it is all wrote down in the rules that disney has. i am willing to bet disney hopes they will sue so they can make this family look even dummer than they are now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

misterID

It's a thread that won't die because of the relevance to people and their ignorance.

This instance just happens to be high profile, but really, how many times a day does Disney Guest Relations/Customer Service have to deal with people and their complaints. Now don't get me wrong, there are legitimate complaints that should be dealt with, but this girl and her family are wasting time and money for something that is established in Disney's rules.

And yes, this country is turning from hard working to what can I get for nothing. There are hard working people out there, but as we all know, those people are overshadowed by the people that want something for nothing and will go to whatever lengths to get it.

I used to work in student loans and I read an article about a guy who lives in the Texas region of the country and he doesn't pay bills and stuff, but he's got a law degree and he waits for collection calls and such to his home. He waits and finds the faults in the calls and then sues the companies to forgive his debts. Some see that as smart, I see it as lazy.

Just remember, the people that pull the stupid crap are the reason that you pay more to get in, and have tougher standards to get in the door.
That's not the reason people pay more to get in.

And a tiny percentage of people who chase ambulances and pull scams do not represent the vast majority of people who are very hardworking, so there's nothing to be overshadowed by. In reality, that is.

orky8

That's not the reason people pay more to get in.

And a tiny percentage of people who chase ambulances and pull scams do not represent the vast majority of people who are very hardworking, so there's nothing to be overshadowed by. In reality, that is.

True. But it is a tiny percentage of people who's effect is much larger than their numbers. That's the problem. Because of people like this girl (and her family) Disney's legal bills are millions more than it would otherwise be. And that has an effect on the ticket prices. It's the same mentality/reason we now need lab belts on Splash Mountain. And that too has a cost (both time-slowing down the ride and money) that we all must now pay.

G00fyDad

Its afternoon here. I have no problem with what Disney did. Im just responding to some of the opinion being passed as fact, especially when some of the language and terminology used is derogatory and coming from people who may at least have a family resembling that which they condemn.

Its night here. o_O Actually, you might be thinking of your family. Try to not do that since they apparently have to put up with you. And why are you defending the actions of someone who was clearly out to make a scene for herself? Is that a crush or jealousy that you have in your pocket there? Get over it. She was obviously trying to make things larger than they were. Otherwise, why call the media?

And this thread has about run it's course and I really do not feel the need to banter about with someone that clearly loves to argue. Ooops. There I go again, passing facts. :rolleyes:

Unsubscribing from the thread. Good night!!

flavious27

Wow, even on an automotive site? Awesome.

A Vacation to WDW: $5,000
Cost fo Tink costume: $5 bucks on eBay
Making your family look like a bunch of whining trash: Priceless

$5,000 for a local family to visit for the day, I would complain about that.

And I said in an earlier post I got a Precious Snowflake vibe from her (e.g. rarely heard the word "no" in her life and indulgence was the norm for her.). ;)

As a side note: my mother would not let me out of the house with cleavage at 15, let alone take pictures and willingly provide them to a newstation.

Or I think that your mother would let you dress that way to make something special for a boyfriend.

Well, she is at least the laughing stock of the entire Disney online fan community. There is no fan website that is giving this girl any breaks.

Well no fansite but the jezzies at jezebel have taken a neutral stand at worst.

This made it onto reddit. The comments were hysterical. Probably best if he she never sees them.

Same with fark, but I am surprised that no one put up pictures of pedobear.

I hope she does, it will cost her family for attempting to battle something that is clear policy. I wonder if they are more upset about being denied entry or their little scheme making their daughter a laughing stock of the country.

This is why this fark tag was created,
florida.gif

Sans Souci

$5,000 for a local family to visit for the day, I would complain about that.

Or I think that your mother would let you dress that way to make something special for a boyfriend.

Well no fansite but the jezzies at jezebel have taken a neutral stand at worst.

Same with fark, but I am surprised that no one put up pictures of pedobear.

This is why this fark tag was created,
florida.gif

Seeing that you neither know my mother nor me, you should really refrain from speculating about what she would or would not let me wear.

Rest assured she would not let me have my baps out for the world to see. In retrospect, I see it was to protect from grown men who think an under age girl who looks physically mature is "fair game".

disneyrcks

This is a teenage girl we are talking about. I am not surprised that she had an overly emotional reaction or dressed this way to impress her boyfriend. She is 15!!! She is not an adult. I agree that this whole story is ridiculous and I am surprised it made the news. However, she is a young girl. She does not deserve the crap that is being handed to her by many of you. If you need to blame someone, blame her parents. They are the ones who made this news and they are the ones who will make the decision to file suit. She should have followed the rules and not be surprised when she could not enter because it violated the company's private rules. I just hope some of you remember that you are talking about a girl here. Not an adult, not a woman, a young teenage girl. Because I really think it is sad how some are so quick to verbally attack a teenager.

invader

This is a teenage girl we are talking about. I am not surprised that she had an overly emotional reaction or dressed this way to impress her boyfriend. She is 15!!! She is not an adult. I agree that this whole story is ridiculous and I am surprised it made the news. However, she is a young girl. She does not deserve the crap that is being handed to her by many of you. If you need to blame someone, blame her parents. They are the ones who made this news and they are the ones who will make the decision to file suit. She should have followed the rules and not be surprised when she could not enter because it violated the company's private rules. I just hope some of you remember that you are talking about a girl here. Not an adult, not a woman, a young teenage girl. Because I really think it is sad how some are so quick to verbally attack a teenager.

She put herself into the situation... not anyone else. If she's old enough to decide to put herself on TV then she's old enough to take the "verbal attack" as a repercussion.

disneyrcks

She put herself into the situation... not anyone else. If she's old enough to decide to put herself on TV then she's old enough to take the "verbal attack" as a repercussion.

Really? She put herself on TV because she is a naive, young teenager. I guess my take on it is I would never post something online that I would not say to someone's face. If you would feel comfortable walking up to a teenager and saying what you need to say, then okay. We all get angry or frustrated when we hear of someone acting like a fool. But in this case the fool is a teenager. She is not old enough to put herself on tv, or deal with this situation. THAT IS THE POINT. If she was older, she probably would not have done this. She is a kid who made a mistake, but the adults seem so hell bent on putting a kid in her place. The adults here on this board are placing their thoughts and opinions all over a 15 year old girl. If you need to give her that "repercussion" then you have issues.

disneyrcks

She is 15, old enough to know better.... She isn't 5...

15 is not old enough. If it was she would be able to vote, drink, smoke and graduate. Listen I am not saying she is right, far from it, but she does not deserve to be judged by adult men. Also being old enough to know better does not equal being old enough to be verbally abused on the internet. My opinion of course. Like I said if anyone really needs to put a 15 year old girl in her place, then please go ahead.

bubbles1812

Really? She put herself on TV because she is a naive, young teenager. I guess my take on it is I would never post something online that I would not say to someone's face. If you would feel comfortable walking up to a teenager and saying what you need to say, then okay. We all get angry or frustrated when we hear of someone acting like a fool. But in this case the fool is a teenager. She is not old enough to put herself on tv, or deal with this situation. THAT IS THE POINT. If she was older, she probably would not have done this. She is a kid who made a mistake, but the adults seem so hell bent on putting a kid in her place. The adults here on this board are placing their thoughts and opinions all over a 15 year old girl. If you need to give her that "repercussion" then you have issues.

I'm not sure you can just assume she is naive. I know plenty of teenagers who I wouldn't put past trying this and none of them I would call naive. I'd probably have no problem telling her she was foolish...I'd say it was a foolish thing to do that she didn't read the rules before hand. They are there and they are not hard to find. If she didn't think that Disney had some sort of dress code policy, that is pretty stupid. That's not naive, that's just plain dumb...virtually every public and even more so private place like Disney has a dress code. It's kind of a written law of society that there will be dress codes. But honestly, it's fine that she got upset and put herself on TV. The only thing she definitely deserves to be mocked for is if she and her family actually sue Disney...they have absolutely no case for it. Not that it will stop them trying... And honestly, it's not like she is ever going to see this thread so why are you upset if people are talking about it?

flavious27

Do you think disney called the local media to alert them what happened? It was this girl and her family. She put herself into the limelight.

Seeing that you neither know my mother nor me, you should really refrain from speculating about what she would or would not let me wear.

Rest assured she would not let me have my baps out for the world to see. In retrospect, I see it was to protect from grown men who think an under age girl who looks physically mature is "fair game".

Understood. I read what you said and how your mother would act, and assumed she wouldn't let you dress up in that kind of outfit for the sanctification of a boyfriend. I really could not think of a mother that would let their 15 yo behave in that manner.

Well there are those in my side of the gender pool that see anything as fair game, which is disturbing.

Captain Chaos

15 is not old enough. If it was she would be able to vote, drink, smoke and graduate. Listen I am not saying she is right, far from it, but she does not deserve to be judged by adult men. Also being old enough to know better does not equal being old enough to be verbally abused on the internet. My opinion of course. Like I said if anyone really needs to put a 15 year old girl in her place, then please go ahead.

Teenagers may do stupid things (heck, some adults do stupid things) but at 15 you know the difference between right and wrong, you know that if you don't follow rules there are consequences to be paid... Whether you can vote, drink, graduate (wait, graduate???? So, people don't graduate from 8th grade into high school BEFORE being 18????) doesn't matter.... At 15 you KNOW BETTER...

She dressed as Tink, tried to enter DAK, was told she couldn't because of the costume, was given a FREE tee shirt and fast passes and NEVER denied entry as long as she covered up... Did she take the free shirt and go enjoy her day at DAK??? Or did she leave and go whining to the press???

I'm sorry, she deserves the ridicule.. And her parents deserve to be called out for raising a spoiled brat...

CJR

Teenagers may do stupid things (heck, some adults do stupid things) but at 15 you know the difference between right and wrong, you know that if you don't follow rules there are consequences to be paid... Whether you can vote, drink, graduate (wait, graduate???? So, people don't graduate from 8th grade into high school BEFORE being 18????) doesn't matter.... At 15 you KNOW BETTER...

She dressed as Tink, tried to enter DAK, was told she couldn't because of the costume, was given a FREE tee shirt and fast passes and NEVER denied entry as long as she covered up... Did she take the free shirt and go enjoy her day at DAK??? Or did she leave and go whining to the press???

I'm sorry, she deserves the ridicule.. And her parents deserve to be called out for raising a spoiled brat...

A few things:
1. She wasn't initally offered a free shirt and fast passes. These were given after she was treated poorly by a Disney employee who got on their high horse. That employee needs to be written up.
2. She wasn't allowed to leave until she covered up. She had no choice, regardless if she intended to go into the park or not. So she wasn't just denied to be in the park, but denied to be outside period. That is what will be intereting in court.

I'm not trying to defend her, but if what she is claiming is true, Disney is going to have a harder time justifying it. I'm sure she did fight them, but employees have to remain professional even if they are with someone who is unprofessional. They also don't have the right to "hold" anybody unless they are doing something illegal. She had the right to leave, regardless what Disney might think. I'm sure she was fighting to stay, but she is saying they wouldn't let her go period. If that's true (keep in mind that it may not be), Disney might indeed have a lawsuit on their hands.

Again, I'm not trying to defend her, but since I wasn't there myself, I have to say that if she is telling the truth, Disney might be in a bit of trouble. If they are lying (quite possible), they'll look like even worse people. I'm not encouraging her behavior, just want to make that clear, but am saying Disney needs to be very careful how they handle situations like this. Keep in mind, they were denied entry, yet according to her, weren't allowed to leave. I don't think that's legal.

Spikerdink

A few things:
1. She wasn't initally offered a free shirt and fast passes. These were given after she was treated poorly by a Disney employee who got on their high horse. That employee needs to be written up.
2. She wasn't allowed to leave until she covered up. She had no choice, regardless if she intended to go into the park or not. So she wasn't just denied to be in the park, but denied to be outside period. That is what will be intereting in court.

I'm not trying to defend her, but if what she is claiming is true, Disney is going to have a harder time justifying it. I'm sure she did fight them, but employees have to remain professional even if they are with someone who is unprofessional. They also don't have the right to "hold" anybody unless they are doing something illegal. She had the right to leave, regardless what Disney might think. I'm sure she was fighting to stay, but she is saying they wouldn't let her go period. If that's true (keep in mind that it may not be), Disney might indeed have a lawsuit on their hands.

Again, I'm not trying to defend her, but since I wasn't there myself, I have to say that if she is telling the truth, Disney might be in a bit of trouble. If they are lying (quite possible), they'll look like even worse people. I'm not encouraging her behavior, just want to make that clear, but am saying Disney needs to be very careful how they handle situations like this. Keep in mind, they were denied entry, yet according to her, weren't allowed to leave. I don't think that's legal.

Wait - where did this additional aspect of a rude CM and being denied the chance to leave? That was not in the original news story, nor in any other article/news piece I have read. Where did you get that info?

Captain Chaos

A few things:

Not allowed to leave?? Come on, are you that gullible?? Please... Her story keeps evolving to make her look like a little innocent victim and Disney the big bad villain... She broke policy, was called on it, and now that her and her family ran to the media and have become a laughing stock, the story changes and evolves...

Fact is, she is a whiny little brat who deserves the ridicule...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A few things:

Where in the world did you get that information out of the video.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom