Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

flynnibus

Premium Member
Where in the world did you get that information out of the video.

It's coming from the girl spreading her story on facebook. They claim they were detained, treated like criminals, yelled at, etc etc etc. See http://www.facebook.com/april.tinkerbell

It seems there is an army of people trying spread this story online.. I don't really feel this is purely a viral story but a story being spread by those more with agendas

Captain Chaos

It's coming from the girl spreading her story on facebook. They claim they were detained, treated like criminals, yelled at, etc etc etc. See http://www.facebook.com/april.tinkerbell

It seems there is an army of people trying spread this story online.. I don't really feel this is purely a viral story but a story being spread by those more with agendas

Exactly. She has an agenda. And now that her and her family look like idiots, they have to evolve the story to make them look like innocent victims. She is anything but.

invader

I just read her story on Facebook. I don't even know how the whole ordeal became a news story, it's a joke. If her story is true and they were interrigated for something, they must have done something much more intense than wear Tinkerbell / Peter Pan costumes. She also says "I told him, this didn’t make sense because if he looked around from where we were standing at the time, there were numerous teens and some adults wearing Disney character costumes," c'mon really? I've been to the parks hundreds upon hundreds of times and the ONLY time I've seen adults and/or teens allowed to wear costumes was in MNSSHP. The whole story is bologna in my opinion

Oh, and here's the Facebook story link: https://www.facebook.com/april.tinkerbell/posts/101357776673414

fosse76

A few things:
1. She wasn't initally offered a free shirt and fast passes. These were given after she was treated poorly by a Disney employee who got on their high horse. That employee needs to be written up.
It annoys me when people think employees should be written up for enforcing the policies. Unless the employee was completely out of line, I think it's ridiculous to even think that.

2. She wasn't allowed to leave until she covered up. She had no choice, regardless if she intended to go into the park or not. So she wasn't just denied to be in the park, but denied to be outside period. That is what will be intereting in court.
I find that very hard to believe. If true, Disney committed a crime. No one can detain a person against their will without the authority to do so. Security guards can only detain people IF they are calling the police to respond, otherwise they have no authority.

I'm not trying to defend her, but if what she is claiming is true, Disney is going to have a harder time justifying it. I'm sure she did fight them, but employees have to remain professional even if they are with someone who is unprofessional. They also don't have the right to "hold" anybody unless they are doing something illegal. She had the right to leave, regardless what Disney might think. I'm sure she was fighting to stay, but she is saying they wouldn't let her go period. If that's true (keep in mind that it may not be), Disney might indeed have a lawsuit on their hands.
I don't believe it for a second. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. I would be very surprised if that were indeed true.

Again, I'm not trying to defend her, but since I wasn't there myself, I have to say that if she is telling the truth, Disney might be in a bit of trouble. If they are lying (quite possible), they'll look like even worse people. I'm not encouraging her behavior, just want to make that clear, but am saying Disney needs to be very careful how they handle situations like this. Keep in mind, they were denied entry, yet according to her, weren't allowed to leave. I don't think that's legal.

How can you be prevented from leaving someplace you weren't allowed to enter?? This is clearly a set-up to file a lawsuit, since there is no legitimate cause of action against Disney for the refusal of admission. The only cause of action she could have would be unlawful detention/restraint. Her story doesn't make any sense. They denied her entrance to the park, so they detain her instead??? I wouldn't doubt it if she made a scene, they brought her backstage so as not to create any more of a disturbance, and then and only then did they offer the clothes and FPs. That's my guess.

misterID

The more this thread goes on the more it seems people are focusing their anger towards this girl because of their own hang ups, anger, etc. Only because we've gone from making the point that someone could confuse her for an actual character, which is absolutely true, to talking about cleavage, teen sexuality, the disintegration of American work ethic, yadda yadda yadda... When in reality, this is just a girl who made a mistake. And we're basing all of our information on second hand news. We don't know how she was treated, tbh. And if they have proof of their story or whatever, more power to them. I'm not saying anyone should beleive her, not believe her or whatever, but the posts in this thread have teeth. And the anger aimed at this girl is kind of ridiculous. It's silly story, nothing to produce this kind of venom.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

To be honest your not half as stupid as you look. I often think of my family, thats why I dont rush to judge others, perhaps something you should try.

CJR

It annoys me when people think employees should be written up for enforcing the policies. Unless the employee was completely out of line, I think it's ridiculous to even think that.

I find that very hard to believe. If true, Disney committed a crime. No one can detain a person against their will without the authority to do so. Security guards can only detain people IF they are calling the police to respond, otherwise they have no authority.

I don't believe it for a second. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? No. I would be very surprised if that were indeed true.

How can you be prevented from leaving someplace you weren't allowed to enter?? This is clearly a set-up to file a lawsuit, since there is no legitimate cause of action against Disney for the refusal of admission. The only cause of action she could have would be unlawful detention/restraint. Her story doesn't make any sense. They denied her entrance to the park, so they detain her instead??? I wouldn't doubt it if she made a scene, they brought her backstage so as not to create any more of a disturbance, and then and only then did they offer the clothes and FPs. That's my guess.

To be clear, I don't think employees should be written up for enforcing policies, but I do think they should be written up if they're being a jerk. I don't necessarily believe her story, but if a CM was really going out of their way to "yell" at them, they should be written up. Enforcing policy would be denying entry to the park, going into a room where people are just sitting there to rant to them about the issue while doing absolutley nothing constructive isn't enforcing policy. I'm not justifying the people's actions, but am saying you have to treat the case as they're telling the truth. It's their word vs the CM's until some sort of proof comes out. While it might be the "in" thing here to automatically take the CM's side, that's not how business works. Disney has to take the matter seriously since they are accusing a CM of yelling at them. Even if the people are lying, it's a serious matter on Disney's end.

I also doubt that Disney did anything wrong. As I said before, unless she was a security threat, Disney couldn't force her to stay there legally. Could have there been a slip up on Disney's end? Absolutely. Likely? No. I've been shocked before, so it is possible that something did happen. Regardless, Disney has to take the accusation seriously. It would help if the incident was on camera.

If for any reason the people were told they couldn't leave, there's a big mess on Disney's hands. Chances are the people are just being stupid, but Disney has to review the actions taken by its employees in the unlikely event something was mishandled. After hearing both sides of the story, I don't think there's denying that Disney could have handeled things better (and better being the key word, there's always room for improvement, even at the house of the mouse).

lazyboy97o

Having had to kick a few people out of establishments, I could see how I could be accused of "not allowing them to leave" even though I was the one kicking them out. Each time, there was always something "else" that they needed to do "quickly" before actually leaving. I was insisting they head straight for the door and leave, they wanted to leave by their own route which I would not allow, repeatedly saying "I'm trying to leave, but you're not letting me." I have seen a few people wonder why she did not go back to the Disney-MGM Studios, and I could see where, in a quickly thoughtless reaction, somebody said "Fine, we'll go back to the Studios" and that request was denied. I can see why Disney would want, if the decisions was to leave, anybody in a costume to leave directly, not possibly continuing to going around property dressed as a character.

Lucky

I can't believe that her mother let her wear that at all. That was pretty revealing for a 15 year old.
At least she's 15 so she knows what she's doing. What I find hard to believe are the parents that dress their young daughters in short shorts with words printed on the butt. They're basically announcing, "would you passing strangers kindly focus more of your attention on my 6 year old girl's rear end?"

invader

I have seen a few people wonder why she did not go back to the Disney-MGM Studios, and I could see where, in a quickly thoughtless reaction, somebody said "Fine, we'll go back to the Studios" and that request was denied. I can see why Disney would want, if the decisions was to leave, anybody in a costume to leave directly, not possibly continuing to going around property dressed as a character.

According to her story, she DID go back to the parks, though she never says which one. She claims that while in line for a ride at said park she saw a girl, older than her, right in front of her dressed as Tinkerbell in a more elaborate way and all of the people in her party just couldn't handle it.

lazyboy97o

Do they say exactly when this happened? Could it have been during Star Wars Weekends when the costume rules are laxed at the Disney-MGM Studios? I doubt she saw another Tinkerbell, but could see a few Jedi being the case. Since he has gone to Fcebook, any photos of the many other costumed adults?

Captain Chaos

Do they say exactly when this happened? Could it have been during Star Wars Weekends when the costume rules are laxed at the Disney-MGM Studios? I doubt she saw another Tinkerbell, but could see a few Jedi being the case. Since he has gone to Fcebook, any photos of the many other costumed adults?

According to her Facebook post, she went June 3rd so yes, during Star Wars Weekends...

bubbles1812

According to her Facebook post, she went June 3rd so yes, during Star Wars Weekends...
I know I always mix up Tinkerbelle and Jedi. I mean between her short green dress and wings vs the long padawon (sp?...It's been awhile since I've watched Star Wars) robes and light sabers....how do you tell the difference? So. Confused. ;)

I suspect she didn't see any other Tinkerbelle and honestly, given the big stink she made out of it, why didn't she go to the next CM she saw and point out what hypocrites they are? :rolleyes:

Captain Chaos

I know I always mix up Tinkerbelle and Jedi. I mean between her short green dress and wings vs the long padawon (sp?...It's been awhile since I've watched Star Wars) robes and light sabers....how do you tell the difference? So. Confused. ;)

I suspect she didn't see any other Tinkerbelle and honestly, given the big stink she made out of it, why didn't she go to the next CM she saw and point out what hypocrites they are? :rolleyes:

Read her story... None of it makes any sense. So, this leads me to believe she is making 90% of it up. The 10% she isn't? Disney telling her she can't enter the park cause of her costume.

EDIT: Someone posted a comment that she should have read the WDW website where it tells you no costumes for adult. Her response was, WELL SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS OK. LOL...

bubbles1812

Read her story... None of it makes any sense. So, this leads me to believe she is making 90% of it up. The 10% she isn't? Disney telling her she can't enter the park cause of her costume.

EDIT: Someone posted a comment that she should have read the WDW website where it tells you no costumes for adult. Her response was, WELL SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS OK. LOL...
Ahh "Someone". I know him. He's a pretty good guy most of the time but sometimes he likes to do mischievous things things like tell 15 year old girls not to read the rules. It's all ok... *sarcasm* ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom