Teen denied entry to AK for outfit....

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Well, she is at least the laughing stock of the entire Disney online fan community. There is no fan website that is giving this girl any breaks.

It reaches past that. A large automotive site I am on has a whole thread dedicated to it, BGWFans, reddit has had it, and even some news sites have laughed at it. It is pathetic and like I said before, that little whiny brat needs a reality check.

Captain Chaos

It reaches past that. A large automotive site I am on has a whole thread dedicated to it, BGWFans, reddit has had it, and even some news sites have laughed at it. It is pathetic and like I said before, that little whiny brat needs a reality check.

Wow, even on an automotive site? Awesome.

A Vacation to WDW: $5,000
Cost fo Tink costume: $5 bucks on eBay
Making your family look like a bunch of whining trash: Priceless

Sans Souci

I read it on The Consumerist. I don't entirely blame her, though. I think the parents stoked the flames and were possibly looking for additional compensation.

Captain Chaos

The best part is, they weren't denying her entrance. They just asked she cover up with a FREE tee shirt. Did I mention FREE TEE SHIRT??? I think I'm going to sue Disney too. Mental distress. That falling light on Everest has ruined my dreams of being a Disco yeti in the future.

Sans Souci

I don't feel sorry for her in the slightest. Policy is policy and should not be broken for one spoiled whiny kid.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/tips_for_touring/dress-code.htm

And I said in an earlier post I got a Precious Snowflake vibe from her (e.g. rarely heard the word "no" in her life and indulgence was the norm for her.). ;)

As a side note: my mother would not let me out of the house with cleavage at 15, let alone take pictures and willingly provide them to a newstation.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
And I said in an earlier post I got a Precious Snowflake vibe from her (e.g. rarely heard the word "no" in her life and indulgence was the norm for her.). ;)

As a side note: my mother would not let me out of the house with cleavage at 15, let alone take pictures and willingly provide them to a newstation.

Yes, I agree completely. That is why I have been very gunho on the "whiny brat" references. Now she has heard no, expected sympathy from all, and has been laughed at.

I agree, the day I have kids that will NOT happen! Shows the quality of parenting there... Yes, I went there.

mousehockey37

She was given something for nothing, but that wasn't good enough...

It's time to give her something now... A nice banning from Disney. Maybe that'll be a wake up call for the whinny lil...

zweltar

When I watched the video, I had to laugh. How pathetic. If this were to happen to me (which it never would) I would be WAY too embarrassed to be interviewed about it on TV, much less cry about my 15 year old dreams of being Tinkerbell. What a joke.o_O

Disneyfan1981

I had heard about this story but I just watched the video for the first time, I've never laughed so hard at a news story. I can't believe this even made it to air. I agree with Disney on this and give them kudos for giving them free merchandise on top of it, I would have expected them to simply send her away to change. I love how she spent months researching and putting together this costume but never bothered to check the dress code rules.

G00fyDad

I had heard about this story but I just watched the video for the first time, I've never laughed so hard at a news story. I can't believe this even made it to air. I agree with Disney on this and give them kudos for giving them free merchandise on top of it, I would have expected them to simply send her away to change. I love how she spent months researching and putting together this costume but never bothered to check the dress code rules.

She checked the rules. She knew exactly what she was doing.

jme

All I know is if I dress up like a face character I can get free fast passes and outfits out of it if I cry enough... sounds like a plan ;)

G00fyDad

In your opinion. Or do you know her?

It goes without saying so stop trying to start an argument. It's too early in the morning for that garbage.

I have talked to many people about Disney trips. A good portion of those people want to go during MNSSHP or MVMCP and want to dress up. They always ask me if this is allowed since they might want to dress up as a Disney character. Some of those people are not the brightest light bulb in the pack and even they were asking about this. You cannot tell me that this poor little spoiled girl didn't know that Disney at least might have a problem with this.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It goes without saying so stop trying to start an argument. It's too early in the morning for that garbage.

I have talked to many people about Disney trips. A good portion of those people want to go during MNSSHP or MVMCP and want to dress up. They always ask me if this is allowed since they might want to dress up as a Disney character. Some of those people are not the brightest light bulb in the pack and even they were asking about this. You cannot tell me that this poor little spoiled girl didn't know that Disney at least might have a problem with this.
I think that you are giving this girl too much credit to assume that she had actually read ANYTHING.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Its afternoon here. I have no problem with what Disney did. Im just responding to some of the opinion being passed as fact, especially when some of the language and terminology used is derogatory and coming from people who may at least have a family resembling that which they condemn.

as I said earlier:

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion!
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
And ev'n devotion!

misterID

This is the thread that just wouldn't die...

It also seems to be the place to let out some pint up frustrations on a 15 year old girl.

And one parent's moronic decision to (perhaps) sue because of their spoiled brat of a kid is now a reflection on an entire country of people. There's some real bitterness playing out here.

...Good grief, I can't believe I got sucked into this thread, too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is the thread that just wouldn't die...

It also seems to be the place to let out some pint up frustrations on a 15 year old girl.

And one parent's moronic decision to (perhaps) sue because of their spoiled brat of a kid is now a reflection on an entire country of people. There's some real bitterness playing out here.

...Good grief, I can't believe I got sucked into this thread, too.

Possible Freudian slip there?

Cosmic Commando

I can see how someone might not really think it through and go to the park dressed up if that floated their particular boat. I don't really think the problem is that she did it, just her reaction. The proper reaction is something like, "Yeah, I can see how that might be a problem. I'll change." I don't think Disney could have handled it any better, and the policy is a very sensible one. The crazy part is the freak-out, the TV news story, and the possible lawyering up, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom