Tearing down the North Wing?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I've seen a few random vague reports around the web, but no pictures, that they've started demolition of the North Wing (Contemporary Resort) with the rooms closest to Bay Lake.

Can anyone confirm/deny or have any photos...?

Eye-witness detailed accounts please :)

rangerbob

I ran into on of the video games tech on Sunday and he said that he works at the Contemporary. I asked about the North Wing and he said that he heard that they were going to tear them down but nothing yet. He did say that by March the game room will be moved upstairs in a much smaller location though.

Scott in GB

As of Saturday the buildings were still there, but the buildings closest to Bay Lake were completely gutted. No windows, doors or anything in the rooms that I could see from the Monorail. They looked ripe for demolition. You can tell that abatement is still happening in the rooms closest to the monorail line. The only heavy machinery I saw was working was where the old tennis courts were.

lenshanem

I read the rooms facing the lake where coming down, too. I've become a little obsessed with adding on there. :brick:
I hope someone posts some pics soon...

napnet

This was how it looked Sunday... no big demolition crews but the tennis courts were gone...
2007.01.28.11.03.18.show.jpg

Tennis Courts in September
Tennis Courts gone

Now i got a map of the Contemporary on Sunday and it was missing the North wing... only had the South wing on the map. I'll try to scan it tonight and post it.

optjay

Hope they remove the reusable trees before the demo, and construction of the most ugly building on prop. !

Scooter

I saw some pictures in Deb Will's site today.
They are definitely tearing the buildings down.
There was a back-hoe ripping the buildings to pieces and all that was left were the concrete frames.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw some pictures in Deb Will's site today.
They are definitely tearing the buildings down.
There was a back-hoe ripping the buildings to pieces and all that was left were the concrete frames.
Are we sure it is not still just a refurb? They put those port-o-lets right next to the building and they wouldn't have done that if it was going to be demolished.:rolleyes: :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Jeezz... just like Epcot in 2000. Hopefully it`ll be quicker this time (looks like it)

All this for a tower block.

lenshanem

Awesome! Sorry guys! I'm sentimental too when it comes to WDW (Been going since I was a baby in 1971.), but I so want an add on there. I'm excited! :sohappy:
Thanks for posting the map!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If DVC had to go north east of seven seas, why oh why an unthemed tower block with a great view of the Tomorrowland staff parking lot? Are they trying to get one up on Bonnet Creek?

The proposed Kingdom Suites Resort would have been a better bet, IMHO - unless they couldn`t charge as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom