TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

DashHaber

What about a family coaster through the world wide web?
That might be something to consider for the '90s era updates. Like maybe the founding dark ride gets replaced as a way to try and appeal to "hipness" through thrills and because the '90s was when the internet really got big.

Speaking of, I think I'd like to take on the main dark ride for The Data Base. It might be fun to try and design an edutainment ride fitting for Epcot. Though, I think I might like to try designing it with someone else, so that I could have another set of eyes to help bounce ideas with and to have someone who could help find that right balance of fun and educational.

Sharon&Susan

For the corporate lounge, I think it'd be neat if we hid it as a hidden page through an image like this:
1616456335187.png

Have it be from the perspective of some random guest that decided to go up there for the hell of it.

DashHaber

Anyway, the more that I've thought about it, the more that I like the idea of that family coaster coming in during the '90s to replace the dark ride. The dark ride works well for that first iteration of the pavilion when computers are brand new and teaching guests about them, but with the '90s the interest definitely seems like it shifted more from computers themselves to the internet. Plus, I could see Eisner wanting more thrills in the park, so a family coaster into the internet is a fitting idea that could stick around. I'll factor it in.

So, here are the current tasks available.

Epcot Center (1980s):
  • Pavilion description
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible)
  • Computer dark ride (@DashHaber )
  • Interactive AI show
  • Interactive area
  • Sponsor lounge (@Sharon&Susan )
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
  • Updates and changes to the pavilion
  • Internet family coaster
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
  • Restaurant (@Sharon&Susan )
  • Retail

Sharon&Susan

Anyway, the more that I've thought about it, the more that I like the idea of that family coaster coming in during the '90s to replace the dark ride. The dark ride works well for that first iteration of the pavilion when computers are brand new and teaching guests about them, but with the '90s the interest definitely seems like it shifted more from computers themselves to the internet. Plus, I could see Eisner wanting more thrills in the park, so a family coaster into the internet is a fitting idea that could stick around. I'll factor it in.

So, here are the current tasks available.

Epcot Center (1980s):
  • Pavilion description
  • Interactive AI show
  • Interactive area
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
  • Retail
We should have the pavilion be sponsored by AOL in the 90's (not joking).

DashHaber

Did anyone have any thoughts for how the Data Base should be like on the inside? I was thinking that the overall aesthetic could be like a scientific lab that's been given a circuit-inspired makeover. I feel like the "science lab" set-up would offer a good uniting thread for the interactive area, our AI showcase, and our dark ride where guests are "digitized" into a computer.

DashHaber

Status Report - 3.22.2021

Today has definitely been a productive day! Plenty of ideas, some concept art, and even a logo! Most of all, we actually have a rough plan now our computer pavilion, we we are calling The Data Base. Here's the plan set-up we've got:

Epcot Center (1980s):
  • Pavilion description
  • Interactive AI show
  • Interactive area
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
  • Overview of updates and changes to the pavilion
  • Overview of updates and changes to the pavilion
  • Retail
Now that we've got an idea of the tasks that need to be done, I'd like to see folks start picking tasks tomorrow and getting to work. That way, we can see ourselves starting to boot up this wonderful idea of a pavilion!

Jt2O.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom