TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

DashHaber

Here's what I was thinking based on the Century 3 picture. Apologies for the rough art skills.

computer pavilion exterior.png

JokersWild

Original Poster
@JokersWild, for the New EPCOT era, are we supposed to retain the new neighborhood assignments for Future World?
That's a bit of a grey area since you're starting in '82. If it fits, I'd include it. If it doesn't, I'm not going to knock you as long as the pavilion follows still follows the design sensibilities of modern EPCOT. Technically the real Futureworld hasn't been officially renamed yet ;).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I could see retail maybe being added in the later updates, as computer and electronic goods for guests become easier and more accessible to obtain.
Lmao, EPCOT gets an Apple Store and a Genius Bar...

Maybe the top of the tower starts out as a sponsor's lounge and eventually becomes a normal restaurant or even this universe's version of Epcot's Club 33?
Which era though? New EPCOT?

DashHaber

That's a bit of a grey area since you're starting in '82. If it fits, I'd include it. If it doesn't, I'm not going to knock you as long as the pavilion follows still follows the design sensibilities of modern EPCOT. Technically the real Futureworld hasn't been officially renamed yet ;).
Good to know. It's nice to have that element covered.

Besides, if there had to be a "World" connection, then in the Modern Era it could be "World Connection" due to The Land being about our connection to the planet and our computer pavilion concerning our connection with each other.

JokersWild

Original Poster
So... yes?
Build me a pavilion and I'll be happy.

Since you're building a pavilion that has always been a part of this EPCOT, it throws a small wrench into the neighborhoods as they are at the actual EPCOT so I'm not going to be upset if you have to shift or rework some things. Especially when those name changes haven't even been implemented yet. @DashHaber's neighborhood suggestion is a great way to tackle that issue.

DashHaber

Build me a pavilion and I'll be happy.

Since you're building a pavilion that has always been a part of this EPCOT, it throws a small wrench into the neighborhoods as they are at the actual EPCOT so I'm not going to be upset if you have to shift or rework some things. Especially when those name changes haven't even been implemented yet. @DashHaber's neighborhood suggestion is a great way to tackle that issue.
Thanks. Yeah, though we are working with Epcot, we aren't necessarily shackled to what is actually in Epcot currently. We're making a pavilion that's there opening day, so we then have the freedom for how things develop within the park itself as a result of that.

DashHaber

Maybe the top of the tower starts out as a sponsor's lounge and eventually becomes a normal restaurant or even this universe's version of Epcot's Club 33?
That's not a bad idea. Maybe that sponsor's lounge gets hit with some of the pavilion changes (perhaps like a change in sponsor or something), and a restaurant could be set up in the tower to help add more dining to the Future World section of Epcot.

I'd also say New Epcot in regards to the restaurant. Retail could also more of a New Epcot thing, considering I feel like computer-related electronics that you could easily purchase and take around are a more recent thing.

DashHaber

Alright, so it feels like we've got a rough shape forming now for our pavilion. When it comes to pavilion placement, I suggest we take advantage of the land space where The Living Seas would have been and use that for our pavilion. Also, unless we have any other name suggestions, I think The Data Base works as a solid name for our pavilion.

With that, it's time to start considering tasks. Here's a breakdown of tasks (broken by era) as I see it:

Epcot Center (1980s):
  • Pavilion description
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible)
  • Dark ride
  • Interactive AI show
  • Interactive area
  • Sponsor lounge
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
  • Updates and changes to the pavilion
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
  • Restaurant
  • Retail
Does anyone have any particular tasks they really want to work on?

DashHaber

I like this design a lot, my only worry is would guests be able to see the circuitry design from the ground? Perhaps the roof could be slanted towards the guests so they see the circuitry?
A slanted roof would help better show that circuitry. Plus, I was thinking that the exterior walls and/or arches supporting the roof would have that circuitry design as well.

AceAstro

Alright, so it feels like we've got a rough shape forming now for our pavilion. When it comes to pavilion placement, I suggest we take advantage of the land space where The Living Seas would have been and use that for our pavilion. Also, unless we have any other name suggestions, I think The Data Base works as a solid name for our pavilion.

With that, it's time to start considering tasks. Here's a breakdown of tasks (broken by era) as I see it:

Epcot Center (1980s):
  • Pavilion description
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible)
  • Dark ride
  • Interactive AI show
  • Interactive area
  • Sponsor lounge
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
  • Restaurant
  • Retail
Does anyone have any particular tasks they really want to work on?
We obviously have to cut the dark ride in half and add retail in the 90's version...

*Stares at Imagination*

DashHaber

Hear me out: What if our computer dark ride was a boat ride (Pirates or IASW style)?

It would make it stand out from the multitude of ominmovers already in Future World.
Interesting. I'll admit, a boat ride sounds a little weird initially just because of how water is something you'd normally want to keep away from your computer, but it would help add a little attraction diversity to Future World.

Sharon&Susan

What about a family coaster through the world wide web?
Couldn't be in the 80's version of the pavilion as the World Wide Web wasn't invented until '89 and even if we broaden it to the internet there were no companies trying to sell people on it until the 90's.

Could make for a good replacement for the dark ride in the 90's if anyone's willing to work on it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom