TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
No, he's right.
Okay then!
spongebob squarepants nickelodeon GIF

DashHaber

To be honest, I am really struggling with this. This technology didn't exist for another 20 years. Unless it is a human dressed as a robot, I am not sure how to justify this
I've been trying to think about this, as well. One of the main things I've been looking at is SMRT-1, a robot that had been featured at CommuniCore. It had served as an early demonstration of voice recognition technology, being able to answer simple questions from guests along with hosting trivia games. Admittedly, that was for just one exhibit among a variety instead of a full show attraction. If it's possible to figure out how to tap into that tech for the era, then it would certainly make for an attention grabber.

I'll admit, part of my own interest in the idea is the thought of that primitive version evolving over time into the course of interactive character shows that have started to turn up. It'd make for a great way to show the evolution of computer technology through the evolution of this show.

DashHaber

Here's an idea: what if we had that AI fill a similar role to SMRT-1 over in the interactive area of the Data Base in the Epcot Center Era? Use it for something simpler, considering the technological limitations of the era. Then, when we get into the modern era and there's a demand for something new beyond the internet focus that the '90s had brought, they could remove the old robot from the interactive area and create a proper show using the AI in its own space.

Sort of like taking an old Epcot favorite, and giving it a brand new sheen.

AceAstro

Here's an idea: what if we had that AI fill a similar role to SMRT-1 over in the interactive area of the Data Base in the Epcot Center Era? Use it for something simpler, considering the technological limitations of the era. Then, when we get into the modern era and there's a demand for something new beyond the internet focus that the '90s had brought, they could remove the old robot from the interactive area and create a proper show using the AI in its own space.

Sort of like taking an old Epcot favorite, and giving it a brand new sheen.
That could work! Depending on the sponsor it could always be ASIMO in the newest version too since Disneyland had an ASIMO robot for a while.

DashHaber

So I'm going to make the modern version of our pavilion mostly WIR themed if nobody minds.
True, that is an IP that could fit this pavilion (especially when Ralph Breaks the Internet) comes out. Mind if I ask what you're thinking of doing with it?

Also, here's what I'm thinking for that AI. MARIA would start out as part of that interactive area. She'd mainly serve to showcase the current state of AI using voice recognition technology, hosting fun little trivia challenges (set up through easy to communicate questions and answers) and occasionally talking to guests with pre-designed remarked.

Then, the Disney EPCOT era would gain Tech Talk. This would be an interactive show, featuring a fully-updated and brand-new animatronic body that MARIA would use. Beyond that, MARIA could have a more fluid ability to actually chat with guests, having a bigger array of information she could use to create more naturalistic replies to guests and their comments. Of course, those trivia games would still be here, with MARIA hosting a trivia challenge that would offer a more diverse variety of questions.

How's that sound?

Sharon&Susan

True, that is an IP that could fit this pavilion (especially when Ralph Breaks the Internet) comes out. Mind if I ask what you're thinking of doing with it?

Also, here's what I'm thinking for that AI. MARIA would start out as part of that interactive area. She'd mainly serve to showcase the current state of AI using voice recognition technology, hosting fun little trivia challenges (set up through easy to communicate questions and answers) and occasionally talking to guests with pre-designed remarked.

Then, the Disney EPCOT era would gain Tech Talk. This would be an interactive show, featuring a fully-updated and brand-new animatronic body that MARIA would use. Beyond that, MARIA could have a more fluid ability to actually chat with guests, having a bigger array of information she could use to create more naturalistic replies to guests and their comments. Of course, those trivia games would still be here, with MARIA hosting a trivia challenge that would offer a more diverse variety of questions.

How's that sound?
Queue for the coaster is rethemed to Game Central Station
The Rollercoaster is given an update to reflect a more modern internet with Ralph and Vanellope appearing throughout the ride experience. Maybe have a Slaughter Race themed climax.
Post show area is themed to Litwak's arcade with arcade machines scattered throughout
I'll probably keep the show intact
New entrance to the Cyber Café (not themed to WIR) in the post show lobby
Gift shop at the exit replacing the exit corridor (I'll let the person who wants to work on that decide the theming).

DashHaber

Okay, so with some of the discussions, here's the new list of tasks:

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
Etc.:
  • Introduction (@DashHaber )
  • Pavilion Exterior Art
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible)
  • Conclusion (@DashHaber )
Am I missing if anyone has called for anything they'd like?

DashHaber

Queue for the coaster is rethemed to Game Central Station
The Rollercoaster is given an update to reflect a more modern internet with Ralph and Vanellope appearing throughout the ride experience. Maybe have a Slaughter Race themed climax.
Post show area is themed to Litwak's arcade with arcade machines scattered throughout
I'll probably keep the show intact
New entrance to the Cyber Café (not themed to WIR) in the post show lobby
Gift shop at the exit replacing the exit corridor (I'll let the person who wants to work on that decide the theming).
I like what you are thinking. I might suggest keeping some stuff still tied more to the internet idea to connect more to the pavilion. Also keep in touch with @spacemt354 in regards with what they're first planning for the family coaster in the Epcot Era, so that we can naturally build off of that.

On second thought I could have the show be rethemed to star Professor Knowsmore and maybe have it be somewhat educational on how search engines work..
If it's alright, I'd still like to keep with MARIA as the star AI if at all possible. The show would be opening up in this modern era and the character could be strong enough to fit among the WIR atmosphere while still being a unique Epcot character.

spacemt354

Chili's
I like what you are thinking. I might suggest keeping some stuff still tied more to the internet idea to connect more to the pavilion. Also keep in touch with @spacemt354 in regards with what they're first planning for the family coaster in the Epcot Era, so that we can naturally build off of that.

If it's alright, I'd still like to keep with MARIA as the star AI if at all possible. The show would be opening up in this modern era and the character could be strong enough to fit among the WIR atmosphere while still being a unique Epcot character.
Wreck it Ralph was what I was thinking would be a natural transition - the family coaster will be in a similar vein to of Rock n' Roller Coaster, a dark coaster with lit up signs referencing 'surfing' the web. The way I interpret the prompt is we aren't trying to sell each era as the best possible pavilion, but rather try to make the best possible 80s pavilion, and progress from there how it would in real life (which can take some downturns in quality)

DashHaber

Wreck it Ralph was what I was thinking would be a natural transition - the family coaster will be in a similar vein to of Rock n' Roller Coaster, a dark coaster with lit up signs referencing 'surfing' the web. The way I interpret the prompt is we aren't trying to sell each era as the best possible pavilion, but rather try to make the best possible 80s pavilion, and progress from there how it would in real life (which can take some downturns in quality)
Good thinking.

Speaking of, @spacemt354 @Sharon&Susan if no one else is claiming the pavilion description task for the Epcot Center Era, I might try taking it on with some input from you two. It sounds like we're getting good thoughts going on individual pieces and components of our pavilion, but I think we really should come up with the basic layout and feel for its '80s incarnation. Once we figure out the design and feel for that '80s incarnation, we can start building off of the developments that you both have been thinking of for it.

DashHaber

@Sharon&Susan Working on the AI show right now. Do you think I should still keep MARIA as a robot, or have her as a character on a screen? Having a screen would be easier (considering existing shows like this), but I do feel having a physical audio-animatronic character would feel more impressive to have interacting with guests.

Also, while I am planning on this being centered around the MARIA character, I was thinking about your KnowsMore mention and decided to frame the setting for this show as a place known as the Search Bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom