TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Sharon&Susan

Basic silhouette of what I'm thinking for the exterior:
Upabove.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
For the exterior, what about something vertically oriented, tower-like as the exterior? Would help it stand out from the other Future World Pavilion and give the subtle message of "sky's the limit" for the future of computing.

Plus the top of the tower would make for a sponsor's lounge with a pretty great view!
Something like this, perhaps?
Dy5xXGxUYAEyoda.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
If you look back at the list of links in an old Hotel PM - you'll find Epcot Center: the Early Years

Wrote this in 2018 for a Program Guide to a stanza in Season 4, linked to the Communicore section

Another vid for research

DashHaber

Texas Instruments invented the first speech synthesis chip that was used on their own Speak N' Spell Toys. What about have a primitive version of Turtle Talk/Laugh Floor/ Stitch's Great Escape, but have the computer answer the questions using a primitive form of AI.

If we're not confidant in doing an entire show based on the concept, we could have a smaller game/display in there based around the idea. Maybe have guests be an investigator who has to ask a computer some questions about what they saw of the crime and try to figure out WhoDunIt (with guests having tons of suspects to chose from)

That would definitely make for an interesting addition. Whether a full show or just as part of the interactive area, I think having an interactive AI character would make for a really cool element to showcase what artificial intelligence can be like.

For the exterior, what about something vertically oriented, tower-like as the exterior? Would help it stand out from the other Future World Pavilion and give the subtle message of "sky's the limit" for the future of computing.

Plus the top of the tower would make for a sponsor's lounge with a pretty great view!

I think some sort of tower could make for a good visual. Maybe the exterior of the tower could even be designed with patterns reminiscent of a circuit board. Also, if we had that sponsor lounge, we could have it look like a computer chip atop the circuitry.

AnalogAngle138_FR-4_PCB_Fig1_770x507.jpg

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Did a quick sketch of our pavilion using the ideas brainstormed above. A towering stricture topped by a giant computer chip, with circuit board etchings on the sides. Thoughts?

View attachment 541473
Ooh, brutalist architecture in EPCOT? The modern/postmodern (is that right?) buildings are shaking in fear.

I'm admittedly not that jazzed with the giant computer chip on the tower; I think it's a bit too on the nose. Otherwise, everything looks good.

I'm no architect, but I'll try my hand in designing a facade as well. I feel that we'll place our pavilion between Universe of Energy and Horizons so I'll keep those architectures in mind when I'm designing it.

DashHaber

Here's an attempt at a logo for our pavilion:

View attachment 541472

Based it loosely off a floppy disk along with it looking like an "i" short for information. Chose yellow because none of the other initial Future World pavilions used the color yellow for their logo.
Nice. I think going with a floppy disk/"I for Information" design is a good choice.

One aspect of Epcot Armchair Imagineer's often forget is music. We should have a theme song for our pavilion along with maybe a custom music loop that evolves through the years. While probably not a priority right now, I think it could give us an edge on the competition.
Good call. Honestly, that would also help give us another task for the land. The Future World pavilions aren't filled with a lot of things, so it would help offer another task within our team.

By the way, where will our pavilion go? Future World East/World Discovery right, where the Wonders of Life/Play! Pavilion is today? I think we should match the prevailing architectural style of the surrounding pavilions so it wouldn't stand out too much.
Good point. I know it would be easy thematic sense to set it in what would become World Discovery, but that plot of land where Seas would be does offer some good room. To be honest, I was never exactly wild about how they've broken up those "World" sections. Feels slightly lop-sided in certain regards.

Outbound

Ooh, brutalist architecture in EPCOT? The modern/postmodern (is that right?) buildings are shaking in fear.

I'm admittedly not that jazzed with the giant computer chip on the tower; I think it's a bit too on the nose. Otherwise, everything looks good.

I'm no architect, but I'll try my hand in designing a facade as well. I feel that we'll place our pavilion between Universe of Energy and Horizons so I'll keep those architectures in mind when I'm designing it.
I agree regarding the circuit board. It feels very "Sorcerer Mickey's Hat"... which gives me an idea...

What if the circuit board comes in the 90s, everyone hates it like the hat, and then it is removed by the 2010s?

DashHaber

I'll give a try to a potential exterior design as well, inspired by what @DlpPhantom had posted earlier.

DashHaber

Speaking of the pavilion, I know that the Future World pavilions don't tend to be filled with a ton of stuff. With the mentions that we've had so far for the dark ride, an interactive area, and a show with an interactive AI character, does that sound like a solid round-up to have for the pavilion?

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Speaking of the pavilion, I know that the Future World pavilions don't tend to be filled with a ton of stuff. With the mentions that we've had so far for the dark ride, an interactive area, and a show with an interactive AI character, does that sound like a solid round-up to have for the pavilion?
Should we add retail/dining in the pavilion at some point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom