TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Here's an attempt at a logo for our pavilion:

View attachment 541472

Based it loosely off a floppy disk along with it looking like an "i" short for information. Chose yellow because none of the other initial Future World pavilions used the color yellow for their logo.
So I re-rendered Sharon's proposed pavilion logo and added the pavilion name in the EPCOT Center font. I also changed the color to more of a goldish-brown to mimic the color of the circuit lines on a board. Thoughts?

I'll try to come up with other designs as well.

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 3.03.42 AM.png

DashHaber

Status Report - 3.24.2021

Today has certainly been a good day for work! We've got the general layout for our pavilion all settled, and now we've even got things going up onto the website! Exciting stuff! I'll start marking tasks with green for what has been completed, and orange for what is in progress.

So far:

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
Etc.:
I'm happy to see the progress chugging along. Let's keep up the hard work tomorrow, and let's get even more content up onto the site!

Hack the pavilion, hack the planet!

iVHfwLc.gif

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
New pavilion logo idea, courtesy of yours truly.
  • The proposed pavilion logo takes inspiration from the circuit pathways that can be found on many computer boards. These paths, rendered as lines in the logo, proceed to create a hexagon, the very shape of the pavilion itself (A/N: the original Century 3 pavilion is hexagonal in shape, albeit very stretched).
  • The hexagonal path is then multiplied threefold inward to represent the three centuries of the modern computer and the spread of its influence in human society, from the 19th century when it was first invented, to now in the 20th, and to the future in the 21st century.
  • The resulting figure is a web-like formation, representing a premonition of the rise of the Internet and the World Wide Web (A/N: Internet by opening day is in its infancy since the movement kickstarted in the 1960s; WWW, on the other hands, went live in the early 1990s. We can just say the logo designer had a prophetic vision or something).
Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 8.35.30 PM.png

DashHaber

New pavilion logo idea, courtesy of yours truly.
  • The proposed pavilion logo takes inspiration from the circuit pathways that can be found on many computer boards. These paths, rendered as lines in the logo, proceed to create a hexagon, the very shape of the pavilion itself (A/N: the original Century 3 pavilion is hexagonal in shape, albeit very stretched).
  • The hexagonal path is then multiplied threefold inward to represent the three centuries of the modern computer and the spread of its influence in human society, from the 19th century when it was first invented, to now in the 20th, and to the future in the 21st century.
  • The resulting figure is a web-like formation, representing a premonition of the rise of the Internet and the World Wide Web (A/N: Internet by opening day is in its infancy since the movement kickstarted in the 1960s; WWW, on the other hands, went live in the early 1990s. We can just say the logo designer had a prophetic vision or something).
Thoughts?

View attachment 542212
I really like it!

If there's a concern about that web-like component you mentioned (at least in terms of seeming prophetic), then what about if we have this as the new logo for the modern Disney EPCOT Era of the pavilion? Say that the logo was redesigned and updated to go along with the times, seeing as the original logo was inspired by floppy disks and this new logo instead harkens to the web-like style of the internet. It would be a neat detail to mention in the Disney EPCOT Era.

Considering I've got the earlier logo featured in the introduction, I could use this new logo in the conclusion. It'd make for some fun visual bookends, showing the evolution of the Database.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
I really like it!

If there's a concern about that web-like component you mentioned (at least in terms of seeming prophetic), then what about if we have this as the new logo for the modern Disney EPCOT Era of the pavilion? Say that the logo was redesigned and updated to go along with the times, seeing as the original logo was inspired by floppy disks and this new logo instead harkens to the web-like style of the internet. It would be a neat detail to mention in the Disney EPCOT Era.

Considering I've got the earlier logo featured in the introduction, I could use this new logo in the conclusion. It'd make for some fun visual bookends, showing the evolution of the Database.
Speaking of logos, @Sharon&Susan, would you mind if switch the colors of your logo around? The original (and well, new) EPCOT pavilion logos usually have more white/empty spaces than color for the background.

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 3.39.52 AM.png

DashHaber

Status Report - 3.25.2021

This is it, Team Time! We've had some good developments and things are coming along nicely, but the deadline is coming up tomorrow!

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Etc.:
Let's take full advantage of our final work day! A few entries still need to go up on the site, and we can finalize the others that we've already got. I've been hearing about some of the art pieces on the way, and I can't wait to see how they look. If possible, I'd also love to see everything on our site by 11 PM EST. That way, we can have a little buffer time to do any final corrections or tweaks before the deadline.

Don't stop yet! Let's hit those keyboards hard and bring our computer pavilion to a wonderful finish!

tumblr_nhwa4hDgK01sfs7lqo2_540.gifv

Sharon&Susan

Status Report - 3.25.2021

This is it, Team Time! We've had some good developments and things are coming along nicely, but the deadline is coming up tomorrow!

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Etc.:
Let's take full advantage of our final work day! A few entries still need to go up on the site, and we can finalize the others that we've already got. I've been hearing about some of the art pieces on the way, and I can't wait to see how they look. If possible, I'd also love to see everything on our site by 11 PM EST. That way, we can have a little buffer time to do any final corrections or tweaks before the deadline.

Don't stop yet! Let's hit those keyboards hard and bring our computer pavilion to a wonderful finish!

tumblr_nhwa4hDgK01sfs7lqo2_540.gifv
Planning to have the main overview page and most of the dedicated page for the Ralph coaster tonight!

And tomorrow I'll make the finishing touches to the coaster and make the menu for the Cyber Café.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom