TEAM TIME BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Sharon&Susan

@Sharon&Susan Working on the AI show right now. Do you think I should still keep MARIA as a robot, or have her as a character on a screen? Having a screen would be easier (considering existing shows like this), but I do feel having a physical audio-animatronic character would feel more impressive to have interacting with guests.

Also, while I am planning on this being centered around the MARIA character, I was thinking about your KnowsMore mention and decided to frame the setting for this show as a place known as the Search Bar.
I would prefer the robot, especially since it would feel like the realization of this demonstration that they had at the first D23:

Sharon&Susan

So as you know @AceAstro I was thinking initially having the post show set in Litwak's Arcade, but thinking about Dash's suggestion, maybe we could theme it to the inside of a net router? We could further the internet idea and have it be a semi-reference to the original pavilion (by taking place inside a piece of tech).

DashHaber

Status Report - 3.23.2021

Another good day of development, Team! We've had more good ideas, good discussions, and more folks have been taking up tasks. Here's what we've currently got in terms of our tasks:

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
Etc.:
  • Introduction (@DashHaber )
  • Pavilion Exterior Art
  • Map (which can be edited for different eras)
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible) (@Outbound )
  • Conclusion (@DashHaber )
We still don't have anyone attached to the interactive area. If anyone would like to work on that, the spot is open. Besides that, let's use tomorrow to keep marching on with our work. I know one of the big tasks I'd like to try tomorrow is to settle in more on our pavilion's layout and set-up for the Epcot Center Era interior. Once we know our initial footprint, that can help @spacemt354 and @Sharon&Susan as they develop their changes and updates for the pavilion.

Keep up the work, team! Teamwork is the code to success!

tumblr_n4smtdUxKj1tooympo1_400.gifv

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Status Report - 3.23.2021

Another good day of development, Team! We've had more good ideas, good discussions, and more folks have been taking up tasks. Here's what we've currently got in terms of our tasks:

Epcot Center (1980s):
Epcot (1990s and 2000s):
Disney EPCOT (modern era):
Etc.:
  • Introduction (@DashHaber )
  • Pavilion Exterior Art
  • Map (which can be edited for different eras)
  • Pavilion music/song (if possible) (@Outbound )
  • Conclusion (@DashHaber )
We still don't have anyone attached to the interactive area. If anyone would like to work on that, the spot is open. Besides that, let's use tomorrow to keep marching on with our work. I know one of the big tasks I'd like to try tomorrow is to settle in more on our pavilion's layout and set-up for the Epcot Center Era interior. Once we know our initial footprint, that can help @spacemt354 and @Sharon&Susan as they develop their changes and updates for the pavilion.

Keep up the work, team! Teamwork is the code to success!

tumblr_n4smtdUxKj1tooympo1_400.gifv
I'm no Hulk, Disney Dad, or MickeyWaffle, but I'll try doing the art needed for this stanza. (I really hope I won't regret this decision.)

DlpPhantom

I am going to try a model an exterior in CAD. It might not pan out. I am going of of the brutalism angle we brought up earlier with a tower for the sponsor lounge. Any ideas about a particular color scheme? I'm thinking maybe incorporating some sort of microchip motif throughout the 1982 pavilion that goes away in later years to bring some subtle theming and color to the pavilion.

DashHaber

I am going to try a model an exterior in CAD. It might not pan out. I am going of of the brutalism angle we brought up earlier with a tower for the sponsor lounge. Any ideas about a particular color scheme? I'm thinking maybe incorporating some sort of microchip motif throughout the 1982 pavilion that goes away in later years to bring some subtle theming and color to the pavilion.
My initial thoughts were that the roof of the Data Base could be a lot of green with gold and silver traces, designed to emulate the look and pattern of a circuit board.

Printed-Circuit-Board.jpg

DashHaber

@DlpPhantom Working on the description for the Epcot Center Era of the Data Base. Just to let you know, I'm also imagining a Brutalist-style to the design of the roof/tower, with roof layers modeled after circuit boards (the bottommost layer supported by Brutalist buttresses) and a computer chip as the topmost layer. Also, when facing the building from the outside, the main entrance to the pavilion and The Compu-Tour will be slightly to the left-hand side while the pavilion's exit (which doubles as a side entrance to the Cyber Showcase) will be on the right-hand side.

DlpPhantom

@DlpPhantom Working on the description for the Epcot Center Era of the Data Base. Just to let you know, I'm also imagining a Brutalist-style to the design of the roof/tower, with roof layers modeled after circuit boards (the bottommost layer supported by Brutalist buttresses) and a computer chip as the topmost layer. Also, when facing the building from the outside, the main entrance to the pavilion and The Compu-Tour will be slightly to the left-hand side while the pavilion's exit (which doubles as a side entrance to the Cyber Showcase) will be on the right-hand side.
So kind of like an inverse Living Seas when it come to the entrance, got it. How do we feel about natural light? How many windows should the exterior have? I'm assuming no skylights due to the circuit board roof, but if we want natural light in the main area it may be a good idea.

DashHaber

So kind of like an inverse Living Seas when it come to the entrance, got it. How do we feel about natural light? How many windows should the exterior have? I'm assuming no skylights due to the circuit board roof, but if we want natural light in the main area it may be a good idea.
I'll admit, I was not envisioning natural light for this space. I was thinking that such a tech-focused pavilion would have a more built-in feel to contain guests in this feeling of computer technology all around.

Of course, that computer chip atop the tower is where I could see the sponsor lounge being located, and that could have some windows for natural light.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom