TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

TwilightZone

I've just uploaded everything that's been submitted so far (except for what @TwilightZone just now posted) into the website. That includes the write-ups and images, which so far is all 80s stuff. Will go back in later and add more images to the sections I wrote.

Website link again:
Thank you hulk!
Also I guess if ya need something posted, lemme (or hulk maybe?) know here haha

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Storm Rescue
Storm Rescue is an enclosed steel rollercoaster that uses a mix of projection mapping and some practical effects to give the illusion that guests are driving through a hectic storm. This ride takes place at the Elemental Research Society, a scientific facility where guests are welcome to view scientists research the wonders of our natural world. During the queue guests will go past various displays of weather charts and giant rocks and gemstones kept safe in glass.

Once a certain amount of guests reach the preshow area, the preshow will begin on the overhead tv screen, which is surrounded by buzzing noises caused by various scientific devices meant to track the weather.

1616548377012-png.541849

"Hello my name is Dr. Gale, I am one of the scientists here at Elemental Research Society, my job is to track the pattern of storms.
The screen then opens up a small pop up screen which then zooms into a scene showing what it looks like in the field outside of the facility.
"As you can see, our research base is having some slight rain, which is just perfect since we can safely and easily capture the rain for experiments."
Suddenly rumbling begins to be heard and a giant thunderbolt appears out of the clouds. What began as a small bit of rain is now a giant storm! Warning symbols begin to appear on the screen for evacuation.
On the screen we see the scientists begin to evacuate and a robotic girl's voice telling the facility to evacuate. Dr. Gale's voice changes tone.
"No wait, we can't just evacuate! Our research robot is out there and we have to save it!"
The screen shows a picture of the cute little robot sitting in the hectic storm with a sad expression on it's face.
iu

Another voice is heard, just entering the room is his boss, Dr. Slate.
"What are you kidding? You can get all these people into danger!"
"I know what I am doing boss!" argues the young scientist "I promise I won't put any of these people in danger"
Dr. Slate sighs, knowing it's a loss cause to convince Dr. Gale to not go on this dangerous trip. "Alright, but can I at least give them safety tips?"
Dr. Gale agrees and the typical ride safety spiel starts. Dr. Slate wishes the guests good luck and Dr. Gale tells the guests that he will have a fellow scientist lead them to the ride vehicles.

The ride vehicles are meant to resemble weather research trucks, but on a smaller scale so they would be safe on the steel rollercoaster track. Once boarded safely into the truck, the ride begins.
iu

"Ok guys, we need to rescue our little robot friend, let's get to it!"
To the side is a projection of local wildlife running away from the storm. Lightning then hits a tree that then topples over in the path of the ride vehicle, luckily the truck manages to swerve away from the tree. Unluckily, the lightning hitting the tree caused a small fire that leads a path around the ride vehicle.

iu

"Oh no, this might be harder than I thought, but we must stay determined!"
Gusts of wind begin to blow onto the guests, the gust of wind becomes larger on a projection screen, making many trees and leaves go hectic. The area around the guests becomes foggy through the projection screens.
iu

"I might not be able to see here, but my radar shows where our little buddy is, we will be ok!"
But then just as he says that the coaster begins to shake a bit, it's an earthquake! Now more things are beginning to fall around the research truck and the coaster begins to go up a hill. Dr. Gale has gone off his path!
iu
"Maybe Dr. Slate was right, I shouldn't have done this, I am so sorry."
Then towards the right, some beeping is heard. It's the little robot! Keen eyed guests might notice that he has painting on him that identifies him as SMRT-2.

"Hey wait! It's our little buddy! We will make it!" The coaster then does a sudden drop, simulating the truck going down the hill quickly due to the heavy storm. As it does so, one final shot of lightning is seen and then the truck goes back safely inside a nearby garage.

"Thank goodness we all came out safe! I learnt my lesson and our little buddy is safe. Thank you everyone for coming with me!"

The voice of Dr. Slate is then heard. "Good work everyone, I didn't know this was possible, but you all deserve a nice rest." He then gives instructions on how to get out of the vehicle safely and the ride ends.

Any fixes?
B06C3C2D-1EED-4D09-A7DC-07383ABE1446.jpeg

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

**PUNCHES DR SLATE IN THE FACE AND COMMANDEERS RESCUE VEHICLE**

I AM COMING TO HUG AND RESCUE YOU!!! IN THAT ORDER!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
And @Tegan pilots a chicken, we should create an intro. Both for the general pavilion exterior, and for the project as a whole. How shall you and I divide that?
Hulk idk if I ever actually addressed this portion of your earlier comments lol.
I’ll take the project introduction. As our resident EPCOT fangirl and PM it feels appropriate for me to handle that role.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’ll also handle the major ride changes/details for the modern era. I’m not anticipating there being too many, probably a fresh coat of paint here and there, and maybe a few new scenes or something.

@Pi on my Cake @TwilightZone could you let me know by the end of the day today any specific changes you’ll be making to the dark ride? Not in incredible detail, just a sentence or two for each change.

TwilightZone

I’ll also handle the major ride changes/details for the modern era. I’m not anticipating there being too many, probably a fresh coat of paint here and there, and maybe a few new scenes or something.

@Pi on my Cake @TwilightZone could you let me know by the end of the day today any specific changes you’ll be making to the dark ride? Not in incredible detail, just a sentence or two for each change.
Well we did add a celebrity star with Dr. Slate
Overall story: Elemental Research Society (ERS) has a research station built within a volcano where they study the earth's elemental forces. Dr. Slate (played by Greg Daniels best known as Mr. Feeny) is the head of ERS and is much more straight laced and cautious, but truly appreciated the beauty of the world and is almost as much of a poet as a scientist.
Beneath the Surface gets some minor updates, but mostly just a new narration by Dr. Slate and a few new jokes added to the script. The focus is appreciating the beauty of nature.
Not sure if there's anything else since it's mostly that stuff haha.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
We had the same idea for his name! Though I didn't know what to call Dr. Slate so while I was writing I called him Dr. [Whatever Pi Names Him] or Dr. [WPNH] for short haha.
Lol I'm good with whatever name if you had something different in mind! Just went with first thoughts so th Modern team had something to go off of.

Your coaster write up looks great! Maybe a bit more on the ride system itself. Other that it looks perfect!

I was just planning on doing a new narration. Possibly one or two small updates, but I wanted to keep it mostly the same.

I'll admit to not fuuuuullllyyy reading it yet, but I will tonight and let you know for certain!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
'98 Pavilion Update Plans

New focus: Elements.

Overall story: Elemental Research Society (ERS) has a research station built within a volcano where they study the earth's elemental forces. Dr. Slate (played by Greg Daniels best known as Mr. Feeny) is the head of ERS and is much more straight laced and cautious, but truly appreciated the beauty of the world and is almost as much of a poet as a scientist. Dr. Gale (played by Johnny Galecki best know as Leonard from Big Bang Theory) is a younger more adventurous scientist who has a lot of book knowledge but doesn't quite have an appreciation for the dangers the forces of the earth pose.

Pavilion: The Rock Works is expanded to include the entrance to the new coaster. The mining equipment is replaced with ERS research equipment. But overall the aesthetic is rather similar. Extra features such as a large chunk of ice (representing water) brought here to study and an underground lava flow (representing fire) are added to expand the focus to all elements.

• The Big Dig (since DAK is in the works at this point) is closed and replaced with The Climate Labs. Featuring a hurricane storm simulator, large plasma balls themed as contained thunder storms, an artificial tornado display next to an artificial whirlpool display.
  • How our World Formed is kept rather similar, but the more scientific parts are scaled back to add more slapstick with Rocky.
  • Earth's Crust is replaced with "Flame Grilled Greatness" which is essentially the same restaurant just expanded into a full quick service. With a prominent woodfire grill on display and more lava theming.
  • It's Neat Beneath Our Feet gets an updated pop cover by a Christina Aguilera.
  • Beneath the Surface gets some minor updates, but mostly just a new narration by Dr. Slate and a few new jokes added to the script. The focus is appreciating the beauty of nature.
  • A new indoor family coaster hosted by Dr. Gale about defying evacuation orders to rescue a research drone before getting swept up in a series of disasters and learning to appreciate the power of nature.
That should be the basics of what 90s team is doing so that Modern Team has everything they need to get going!
No HUGE changes to the postshow area. Like I said, just swapping out some old displays for others.

While whipping up a quick draft map I figured I'd make a few tweaks for the sake of expanding it into a more full pavilion instead of the ride/post show style pavilion of the original

• Added an extended new entrance for the pavilion.
  • The dark ride queue will be very minorly reworked so you enter it from inside of the pavilion instead of a seperate outdoor entrance.
  • The new quick service dining location will go in this extended entrance area.
  • The old food stand will be demolished and that space used as the entrance to the coaster.
  • Coaster is hidden behind the rest of the pavilion so it doesn't really effect the sightlines adding it in or need a fancy new design. The Pavilion outside Hulk designed can stay mostly the same except for a small extended wall.
1616634738871.png
1616634749845.png

Very rough maps just to give a general idea. I'll make real maps later.

Does this sound alright? Anything about this new set up I should change?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Climate Labs Outline - Interactive Exhibits that make up the most of the floor space for the 90s edition of the Pavilion

• The Big Dig is gotten ride of and turned into an expansion of the interactive exhibit space
    • Thunder Trapped - A collection of Plasma Balls of various sizes themed as lightning captured for study by the ERS
    • The Berg - An iceberg brought here to study by the ERS. Various fossils and sea creatures are frozen inside there as fun displays.
    • Decorative indoor artificial tornado and whirlpool tubes are on display.
  • Quake 'N' Shake is unchanged
  • Quarry Gallery, Volcano Model, and Rocky's Gopher Game remain more or less unchanged
  • Layer Fair is replaced with Storm Force! A hurricane simulator booth
  • Pan for Gems remains mostly unchanged beyond some added ERS theming. But is now counted as a part of the interactive exhibit space, The Climate Labs.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
No HUGE changes to the postshow area. Like I said, just swapping out some old displays for others.

While whipping up a quick draft map I figured I'd make a few tweaks for the sake of expanding it into a more full pavilion instead of the ride/post show style pavilion of the original

• The dark ride queue will be very minorly reworked so you enter it from inside of the pavilion instead of a seperate outdoor entrance.
  • The old food stand will be demolished and that space used as the entrance to the coaster.
  • Coaster is hidden behind the rest of the pavilion so it doesn't really effect the sightlines adding it in or need a fancy new design. The Pavilion outside Hulk designed can stay mostly the same except for a small extended wall.
View attachment 542148View attachment 542149

Awesome!! See that’s actually a lot of changes haha. Very cool! I love seeing what other people do with something I helped design. It’s a nifty feeling.

Only thing I’d mention is watch the placement of the coaster building. Because we’ll be treading into Monorail track territory.

5F2F479D-35CB-4B90-968E-38D305B9A993.png

Give me a sec and I’ll get a better overlap photo lol

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Awesome!! See that’s actually a lot of changes haha. Very cool! I love seeing what other people do with something I helped design. It’s a nifty feeling.

Only thing I’d mention is watch the placement of the coaster building. Because we’ll be treading into Monorail track territory.

View attachment 542167
Give me a sec and I’ll get a better overlap photo lol
Okay this is basically what we’re looking at for a footprint.
00D03111-FE08-44B9-A219-21546C9B721F.png
Note that the pathway on the far left of the image is not there in 1982, or even 1986. It’s actually a recent addition due to the excessive construction in the central spine area.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

View attachment 542148View attachment 542149

Also, I honestly LOVE what you did with the entrance! You turned the post show area into basically a central atrium, sort of like The Land or Wonders of Life, with all the attractions and exhibits then accessible from within. That works so well!!! And feels remarkably “Epcot,” no, actually, “EPCOT!” Just,....*chefs kiss*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom