TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So, like, this is how I imagine our vintage '80s material could look.

SXJPbvK.jpg

Also, I did another concept for the pavilion logo, ditching the volcano symbol for a diamond.

sar2XPC.jpg
Note: in the 1980s they didn’t call it “future world east/west” it was just “future world”

D Hulk

That’s a fun idea!! If the magazine on the website proved to be too difficult the alternative would be to do the magazine approach for the entire project but have it totally change styles as the eras change?? But idk if that’s a good idea or not.
I like, literally can’t make or edit a site because I don’t have access to a laptop or computer right now. But I can write whatever is needed for sure!
Probably the simplest approach would be to do most of the project as a traditional website, split into three pages. Each era would include 1 or 2 magazine images like the one I made, but they wouldn’t be the centerpiece.

Tegan cannot make the website, and I...well, I just don’t feel like it. @TwilightZone, you’re our go-to site saint. You able to make another?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Probably the simplest approach would be to do most of the project as a traditional website, split into three pages. Each era would include 1 or 2 magazine images like the one I made, but they wouldn’t be the centerpiece.

Tegan cannot make the website, and I...well, I just don’t feel like it. @TwilightZone, you’re our go-to site saint. You able to make another?
Gotta love that blunt, green honesty.

TwilightZone

Yes I can! Will make it before I make the coaster then get doin that haha.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Here are my notes on the post-ride stuff which I plan to write up tonight. I'll be aiming for one blurb or paragraph for each smaller exhibit or element, with a little more time spent on describing the overall setting. Further ideas are most welcome!

“BENEATH THE SURFACE” PAVILION, POST-RIDE STUFF

Overall exhibit pavilion space The Rock Works – like within a mining base built within a volcanic cone a-la You Only Live Twice (on display mining equipment like drills, carts, jackhammers, central spot under light shaft holds a gigantic [fake] amethyst gemstone)
  • Play area – The Big Dig (like DAK’s Boneyard – panning for rocks, digging pits, netting OH to climb around on and mining-themed slides to go down on), crawl thru lava tubes, steam vents
  • Earthquake simulator Quake ‘n’ Shake
  • Interactive exhibit on – earth’s layers Layer Fair
  • Interactive exhibit on – rock & gemstone identification Quarry Gallery
  • Interactive exhibit on – volcano model Volcano Model

Jewelry store All That Glitters (Presented by DeBeers)

Small theater equivalent to “Making of Me” – for history of Earth’s formation How Our World Formed (not sure if this topic is already covered by Energy)

Pizza stand (pretending it’s cooked in steam vents & on hot rocks) (snacks = rock candy) Earth’s Crust

Song “It’s Neat Beneath Our Feet”
'98 Pavilion Update Plans

New focus: Elements.

Overall story: Elemental Research Society (ERS) has a research station built within a volcano where they study the earth's elemental forces. Dr. Slate (played by Greg Daniels best known as Mr. Feeny) is the head of ERS and is much more straight laced and cautious, but truly appreciated the beauty of the world and is almost as much of a poet as a scientist. Dr. Gale (played by Johnny Galecki best know as Leonard from Big Bang Theory) is a younger more adventurous scientist who has a lot of book knowledge but doesn't quite have an appreciation for the dangers the forces of the earth pose.

Pavilion: The Rock Works is expanded to include the entrance to the new coaster. The mining equipment is replaced with ERS research equipment. But overall the aesthetic is rather similar. Extra features such as a large chunk of ice (representing water) brought here to study and an underground lava flow (representing fire) are added to expand the focus to all elements.

• The Big Dig (since DAK is in the works at this point) is closed and replaced with The Climate Labs. Featuring a hurricane storm simulator, large plasma balls themed as contained thunder storms, an artificial tornado display next to an artificial whirlpool display.
  • How our World Formed is kept rather similar, but the more scientific parts are scaled back to add more slapstick with Rocky.
  • Earth's Crust is replaced with "Flame Grilled Greatness" which is essentially the same restaurant just expanded into a full quick service. With a prominent woodfire grill on display and more lava theming.
  • It's Neat Beneath Our Feet gets an updated pop cover by a Christina Aguilera.
  • Beneath the Surface gets some minor updates, but mostly just a new narration by Dr. Slate and a few new jokes added to the script. The focus is appreciating the beauty of nature.
  • A new indoor family coaster hosted by Dr. Gale about defying evacuation orders to rescue a research drone before getting swept up in a series of disasters and learning to appreciate the power of nature.
That should be the basics of what 90s team is doing so that Modern Team has everything they need to get going!

Orange Cat

Crystal Cavern

The Crystal Cavern acts as the resident gift-shop where guests can purchase merchandise of the land’s mascot Rocky The Gopher as well as other relevant items inside a “cavern” full of shiny “crystals”.

Some of the items available include plushies, clothing items, & figures of Rocky, plush pictured on the right
_-4M_edno5DpxP4wG_J8VMwGMCqxCtZO8Pl3wxG0S2KoBtqPQ9wGPBJIlQq37C5Cm9het27mc-3dpCqwdxphWqt-jtPc67-3BjvdKMyhGHXrF3xHrsP0jJNyB25TQ8H0O6jd2w5r
figure pictured on the right
ML5I1jzN_rwYVaJ7SY7LpyKH1n4_LzB1FMyjlqCKTJancSG1m-8hMJr-i3KarB9KppxguHzcYP9twSq7zlDv0u80GRbBw0Pku2gnaIbCZ6MdoUfRAAmOS110TjyNCCTFkvSSv76B
shirt & hoodie pictured below
6TUDU13AMijfhywhbFlf-Y7oQl1vAvMWhPA9jScadT70Eui42XgaUtXR46vV-qvaLMvHflBdsjp-05FNe3IBLq2DbCfM59dAbOjsDFDhPMmLSfyddtiJfO6jb1INcuh6LxxSjCRh
-apX0LWWvY3SP5xSHHafSnBCCbf2lbtMHYlheigJV3al9suryjS38CSsqHII30zpyeHSg0af0LHO_aqfzWyHcfU1ClHgOj7suRk7LdVlAsqf3dQ91-WqVVmzHWn-AvUXZ_VEAM8r

as well as geodes & toy mining tools along with more “adult” products such as jewelry. Later on Rocky Tsum Tsums & Rocky pins are sold.

The inside of the store resembles a cavern full of colorful crystals.
AxgxbF_1AAw4p9wJNgNzt0O7_7qfdI_B7dBliGNoq8pZuE-zZlDzDS0zWWzkZNIpT6wbDEzMQ4XeT325FVH1q6myA0OSPU859iPUT2WPOFRPOP1J0Dao0JQuBuD8OaYctZ4lFqOa
I made this as an overall description (leaning more towards 80s) but I’m not that fond of it so would y’all like it If I made a unique write-up for each version of the shop?

TwilightZone

Storm Rescue
Storm Rescue is an enclosed steel rollercoaster that uses a mix of projection mapping and some practical effects to give the illusion that guests are driving through a hectic storm. This ride takes place at the Elemental Research Society, a scientific facility where guests are welcome to view scientists research the wonders of our natural world. During the queue guests will go past various displays of weather charts and giant rocks and gemstones kept safe in glass.

Once a certain amount of guests reach the preshow area, the preshow will begin on the overhead tv screen, which is surrounded by buzzing noises caused by various scientific devices meant to track the weather.

1616548377012-png.541849

"Hello my name is Dr. Gale, I am one of the scientists here at Elemental Research Society, my job is to track the pattern of storms.
The screen then opens up a small pop up screen which then zooms into a scene showing what it looks like in the field outside of the facility.
"As you can see, our research base is having some slight rain, which is just perfect since we can safely and easily capture the rain for experiments."
Suddenly rumbling begins to be heard and a giant thunderbolt appears out of the clouds. What began as a small bit of rain is now a giant storm! Warning symbols begin to appear on the screen for evacuation.
On the screen we see the scientists begin to evacuate and a robotic girl's voice telling the facility to evacuate. Dr. Gale's voice changes tone.
"No wait, we can't just evacuate! Our research robot is out there and we have to save it!"
The screen shows a picture of the cute little robot sitting in the hectic storm with a sad expression on it's face.
iu

Another voice is heard, just entering the room is his boss, Dr. Slate.
"What are you kidding? You can get all these people into danger!"
"I know what I am doing boss!" argues the young scientist "I promise I won't put any of these people in danger"
Dr. Slate sighs, knowing it's a loss cause to convince Dr. Gale to not go on this dangerous trip. "Alright, but can I at least give them safety tips?"
Dr. Gale agrees and the typical ride safety spiel starts. Dr. Slate wishes the guests good luck and Dr. Gale tells the guests that he will have a fellow scientist lead them to the ride vehicles.

The ride vehicles are meant to resemble weather research trucks, but on a smaller scale so they would be safe on the steel rollercoaster track. Once boarded safely into the truck, the ride begins.
iu

"Ok guys, we need to rescue our little robot friend, let's get to it!"
To the side is a projection of local wildlife running away from the storm. Lightning then hits a tree that then topples over in the path of the ride vehicle, luckily the truck manages to swerve away from the tree. Unluckily, the lightning hitting the tree caused a small fire that leads a path around the ride vehicle.

iu

"Oh no, this might be harder than I thought, but we must stay determined!"
Gusts of wind begin to blow onto the guests, the gust of wind becomes larger on a projection screen, making many trees and leaves go hectic. The area around the guests becomes foggy through the projection screens.
iu

"I might not be able to see here, but my radar shows where our little buddy is, we will be ok!"
But then just as he says that the coaster begins to shake a bit, it's an earthquake! Now more things are beginning to fall around the research truck and the coaster begins to go up a hill. Dr. Gale has gone off his path!
iu
"Maybe Dr. Slate was right, I shouldn't have done this, I am so sorry."
Then towards the right, some beeping is heard. It's the little robot! Keen eyed guests might notice that he has painting on him that identifies him as SMRT-2.

"Hey wait! It's our little buddy! We will make it!" The coaster then does a sudden drop, simulating the truck going down the hill quickly due to the heavy storm. As it does so, one final shot of lightning is seen and then the truck goes back safely inside a nearby garage.

"Thank goodness we all came out safe! I learnt my lesson and our little buddy is safe. Thank you everyone for coming with me!"

The voice of Dr. Slate is then heard. "Good work everyone, I didn't know this was possible, but you all deserve a nice rest." He then gives instructions on how to get out of the vehicle safely and the ride ends.

Any fixes?

D Hulk

I've just uploaded everything that's been submitted so far (except for what @TwilightZone just now posted) into the website. That includes the write-ups and images, which so far is all 80s stuff. Will go back in later and add more images to the sections I wrote.

Website link again:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom