TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Why the family friendly website did they make the play pavilion, like what’s the point?
“More timeless
More Disney”

Or something like that.

Blame DCA 1.0 and everything surrounding it.
The budget restraints, and the reaction to public dislike for it. That was the last major investment they made without IPs tied to everything.

D Hulk

Regardless of the pavilion idea we settle on, we could do some interesting things with presentation style. Like show how Disney would advertise the pavilion circa '82, '00, and '21 (or whatever the dates are). And adding it into period appropriate maps - all stuff I would very much enjoy being a part of this round.

Also...Fire Pavilion

TwilightZone

I can actually understand play. Epcot has a history of interactive play exhibits and a play pavilion was in plans since the beginning
eptot-model-1.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Regardless of the pavilion idea we settle on, we could do some interesting things with presentation style. Like show how Disney would advertise the pavilion circa '82, '00, and '21 (or whatever the dates are). And adding it into period appropriate maps - all stuff I would very much enjoy being a part of this round.

Also...Fire Pavilion
This Is Fine GIF

Fire could be super cool actually. Not sure exactly how to do it, but it could be super unique!

Maybe a general "elements" pavilion. Fire themed coaster. Water Cycle ferris wheel type thing (maybe with dark ride elements) along the way. Hurricane wind simulators. Giant plasma ball for electricity to be visualized.

Orange Cat

This Is Fine GIF

Fire could be super cool actually. Not sure exactly how to do it, but it could be super unique!

Maybe a general "elements" pavilion. Fire themed coaster. Water Cycle ferris wheel type thing (maybe with dark ride elements) along the way. Hurricane wind simulators. Giant plasma ball for electricity to be visualized.
I think a fire land could work, just not in EPCOT, but I definitely think something fire based could work in EPCOT using this approach.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The og play though was done much better conceptially. Imagination crossed with Horizons. Interconnected playgrounds themed to various pavilions
29729969_9-e1553648542728.jpg
TBF we don't know much about the new execution. Just a few visuals. I think it could turn out to be pretty interesting. Or just a cheesey playground. Either way it is better than an empty building so at least it is an improvement no matter what even if it could be more haha

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Gonna throw out a proper pitch for a Games Pavilion.

OG Epcot was open to weirder ideas. And Imagination shows that they were ok with less "science/technology" and more abstract and playful concept.

A Games Pavilion could build on that idea showing the way games throughout time bring people together, encourage creativity, and are just pure fun. Plus, there can be displays that go more into things like probability and chance. A bit of the of the "science of fun"

The OG version could focus mostly on cards/boardgames. Or maybe sports.

The 90s version could add in a SEGA connection since SEGA and Disney/Epcot had a strong connection with a big display in Innovention (there's still a sonic paining in the tunnels under epcot to this day).

The Modern Version could expand the video game theme with Ralph/SEGA stuff. Same basic concept as the original, but it evolves into more of a Video Game pavilion rather than just a Game Pavilion.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

OG Epcot was open to weirder ideas. And Imagination shows that they were ok with less "science/technology" and more abstract and playful concept.

A Games Pavilion could build on that idea showing the way games throughout time bring people together, encourage creativity, and are just pure fun. Plus, there can be displays that go more into things like probability and chance. A bit of the of the "science of fun"

The 90s version could add in a SEGA connection since SEGA and Disney/Epcot had a strong connection with a big display in Innovention (there's still a sonic paining in the tunnels under epcot to this day).

The Modern Version could expand the video game theme with Ralph/SEGA stuff. Same basic concept as the original, but it evolves into more of a Video Game pavilion rather than just a Game Pavilion.
Games could include competition and sports so the whole thing could go all the way back to Greeks wrestling, through the olympics and those types of events, incorporate tabletop and card games, then get into modern sports and motorsports. And then the beginning of the video game era.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Also...Fire Pavilion
Oh, oh definitely. The 82-83 presentation would be clean, and technical, and whimsical. We’d use language that communicates that as well, just absolutely grandiose. The late 90s presentation would be “COOL HIP AND TOTALLY RADICAL!!” And then the modern one would be “Timeless. Enchanting. Disney.”

Homemade Imagineering

A Dream pavilion is something I think would make, for a handful of interesting attractions. Although Dreams and Imagination almost cross into one another, we could still adapt the Dream concept into pretty much anything we like. You could have a single pavilion, full of choose your adventure style attractions, where the possibilities would be endless. Heck, I know many of you are throwing around the concept of a Space Pavilion, why not a Dream sequence themed to Space Exploration and the future? Just a suggestion, though I am personally open to whatever!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
This really is almost like three separate assignments. Because like let’s be honest, many of us if we had total control over FW from 1982 forward would leave most of it unchanged, just continuing to update things as necessary. If we made Horizons or The Land,...I’d be like “nah we are not ripping this out, or inserting this IP into it.” Like,...we wouldn’t have much beyond the different presentations to show for changes in the two later eras. If we create something amazing for opening year and we don’t want it to change for a long time, that’s allowed, but I hope we don’t lose points for it.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This really is almost like three separate assignments. Because like let’s be honest, many of us if we had total control over FW from 1982 forward would leave most of it unchanged, just continuing to update things as necessary. If we made Horizons or The Land,...I’d be like “nah we are not ripping this out, or inserting this IP into it.” Like,...we wouldn’t have much beyond the different presentations to show for changes in the two later eras. If we create something amazing for opening year and we don’t want it to change for a long time, that’s allowed, but I hope we don’t lose points for it.
I think the biggest key is to make it the best of each era. Not changes that take away from it, but changes that improve it. Like how The 90s version of UoE was an improvement over the original while still keeping it very similar and still feeling like a quintessenttial part of 90s Epcot. Or the way Innoventions improved upon Communicore by evolving it. And how the Rat ride improves the France Pavilion while still feeling like modern Epcot.

Shannoninthemagic

I like this tooo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom