TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Thank you! Still think mini lands could work for epcot, though not a big fan of Play just being the weird oddball haha. Maybe if Play was space themed as well it wouldn't have been so bad.
I agree whole heartedly.
This might be a surprise knowing how much of an Epcot purist I am, but I love the neighborhoods idea. FW isn’t FW anymore and it really can’t be. So dividing it into sub lands like that will strengthen the park long term. Perhaps some lands will feature attractions that lean much heavier into traditional Epcot while others can grow and evolve into other things and it can all still be okay.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Okay,...so as Prime Minister,...again 😂😂
I think we should get a topic selected by tonight or first thing tomorrow. And we should once again go with whatever idea has the most interest/passion. For me,...yeah this is Epcot, so no matter what we do I’m gonna love it and pour my heart and soul into it.

Let’s remember that these topics can be somewhat broad and contain a lot of smaller ideas within them. As a reminder; Communication, Energy, Future Living, Transportation, Imagination (arts, literature, music), and Agriculture are all accounted for by this point in universe. Space, Geology, Meteorology, Human Mind (emotions, dreams, the senses), Health, Biology, Oceans/Water are all viable and available topics. We just have to make sure we make ours different from anything else that eventually gets built for real for real.

It felt like the mind was a strong front runner, but all of these topics have endless potential to be AMAZING!! Especially given our starting point.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I think we should get a topic selected by tonight or first thing tomorrow. And we should once again go with whatever idea has the most interest/passion. For me,...yeah this is Epcot, so no matter what we do I’m gonna love it and pour my heart and soul into it.

Let’s remember that these topics can be somewhat broad and contain a lot of smaller ideas within them. As a reminder; Communication, Energy, Future Living, Transportation, Imagination (arts, literature, music), and Agriculture are all accounted for by this point in universe. Space, Geology, Meteorology, Human Mind (emotions, dreams, the senses), Health, Biology, Oceans/Water are all viable and available topics. We just have to make sure we make ours different from anything else that eventually gets built for real for real.

It felt like the mind was a strong front runner, but all of these topics have endless potential to be AMAZING!! Especially given our starting point.
And, topics can have some overlap and intersect with other pavilions to a degree. Like, outer space has a presence in multiple FW attractions. I think highways and cars do as well. So like, just because something exists in FW somewhere doesn’t mean we can’t use it as a topic as long as it’s not like, sort of a core element of another topic. (That’s where Imagination can be tricky; it’s intended to cover a lot of topics on its own).

TwilightZone

Looking back at my mini lands, I think robotics could be a cool pavilion as well. As long as you dont count communicore as robotics. What WAS communicore's theme anyways? Innoventions was a lot more clear haha. Watched martins communicore video many times and still can't really tell if it was just plain technology or just a strange hodgepodge thats also technology haha.

Shannoninthemagic

For me, I can pour my heart into anything, though I'd probely be of more help in the mind pavilion so my vote goes to mind or biology or health

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Looking back at my mini lands, I think robotics could be a cool pavilion as well. As long as you dont count communicore as robotics. What WAS communicore's theme anyways? Innoventions was a lot more clear haha. Watched martins communicore video many times and still can't really tell if it was just plain technology or just a strange hodgepodge thats also technology haha.
Communicore’s main theme was communications and communication systems in the immediate future. Computers were a heavy part of that. Communicore also feature ancillary attractions to supplement some other FW pavilions, such as the Energy Exchange, and this other mini show that featured robots spinning plates. There was a robotics emphasis in Communicore and the World of Motion post show (Bird and Robot). Probably not enough to disqualify it as a topic overall, but my only concern would be whether or not we’d have enough material to get an entire huge pavilion out of it. It works brilliantly in your Epcot reimagining, but part of the reason is the lack of present day robotics themed attractions.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Computer would be really hard to keep current past 2010. Even in the 10 years I've been out of high school tech has advanced soo rapidly. I also feel like weather is an extremly common pavilon that armchair imageneers tackle.
I actually feel like it would be easier in the present day since at that point it becomes easy to "fantasy" it up and make more timeless. Something like Tron or Ralph could last for decades if executed well. One of the few times a modern IP would absolutely be more timeless than a classic Epcot style take.

View attachment 540974

From 4 years ago. No one else liked the gigantic brain idea :cry:.​
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Curveball Idea
Water Pavillon
It would be kind of cool to tackle "Water" from a more science perspective instead of the sea creature/aquarium perspective.

We could have 3 rides each based on a phase of the water cycle! Perhaps with a mascot character who goes through the cycle So, as you go through the pavilion it both tells a progressive, looping story where each attraction in the loop leads into the next one.

Lots of potential for something interesting and unique with that!

I honestly prefer most of the rides from the 90s version of epcot, this includes food rocks

90s Epcot had a strong identity to it! Some weird bits here and there, but it felt very consistent and very "epcot" still. The biggest problem with the new generation of epcot so far is that it hasn't really established its new identity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom