TEAM REALITY BRAINSTORMING THREAD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
We could certainly do a Google Site again (it works and we’re comfortable with it). Probably divide it into three pages, covering each era. There are at least two ways we could go about this.

1. Copy a Disney history fansite, like those sites that do retrospectives on the evolution of Disney parks. Could be an interesting style to mimic. Or...

2. Duplicate period-appropriate Disney material. So the 1982 EPCOT Center portion would be like a really vintage investors magazine outlining the pavilion. An updated version of that approach for the 90s, and then the current era brings in YouTube investor videos and such.

Which approach, if either, would interest Team Reality?
I’m open to both! I think option 2 would be really fun because we could basically have three presentations in one.

Orange Cat

Intentionally Off Model Rocky Plush:
E5102A6E-C46F-40CF-966D-F0F0D52522FE.png

D Hulk

I’m open to both! I think option 2 would be really fun because we could basically have three presentations in one.
Option two (vintage styled Disney materiel from each era) totally works for me. Other than you as PM, and whoever sets up the hosting site, it totally separates our three sub-teams - which fits how we’ve been working so far.

As a proud member of Team Eighties, tomorrow I can start work on figuring out what our stuff would look like.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
surprised oh my GIF

I think so too, a nice mid scale indoor coaster themed around natural disasters. Most Disney rides seem to have a story of some sort, so maybe we should figure out what kind? Maybe we are on a rescue mission or something during a bad storm. Or tornado trackers. Or something like that

First thought is clouds for some reason haha. Maybe have like some sort of decorative object that reacts to elements. Fancy windchimes for example.

Gotta have that celeb! Not sure what one though, but I'm thinking any star from ABC would fit best for the time frame since that's what they did for Ellen. Since Ellen added new videos and a new animatronic to the ride, I feel like we should do something similar for this ride as well. But not TOO similar
Disaster Coaster. I like it. I say we have it as some sort of research center where they study and try chronicle the beauty of the elements. But then a disaster a storm is coming. So, everyone evacuates. But some research drone is out there (cute R2D2/Johnny 5/ROB type robot?). The boss (played by the same actor as the narrator for Tegan's ride to connect the two?) says to leave it because it is too dangerous, but one scientist (the coaster host character) wants to save it and we volunteer to help.

Set it up with a TV screen pre-show like Dinosaur and Mission Space and Test Track 1.0. But then the ride itself doesn't have much storytelling beyond the host's voice helping explain what is happening and thanking us for rescuing the robot at the end (which could be an actual figure)

Then the pavilion as a whole can get an Imagination Institute style framing device to the Research center studying the elements. Including windchimes and Cloud shaped bubble lighting and expanding a bit on the exhibits already offered to be more "research center" themed and add/cut stuff to make it more than just geology.

Plus, updating the movie a bit, but honestly I feel it works well for the 90s already. Maybe just say something about shortening the serious side a bit to add a bit more of the cartoon dude hijinks.

If we went with this pitch: We would need 2 actors. One for the Boss/new ride narrator and one for the braver younger scientist/coaster host character.

I'll pitch Greg Daniels (Mr. Feeny) for the boss. For the youg scientist I'm gonna pitch Johnny Galecki. Most famous for Big Bang Theory now, but he was a major character in Rosanne with was a big ABC hit in the 90s.

1616548414216.png
1616548377012.png

Orange Cat

Crystal Cavern

The Crystal Cavern acts as the resident gift-shop where guests can purchase merchandise of the land’s mascot Rocky The Gopher as well as other relevant items inside a “cavern” full of shiny “crystals”.

Some of the items available include plushies, clothing items, & figures of Rocky, plush pictured on the right
_-4M_edno5DpxP4wG_J8VMwGMCqxCtZO8Pl3wxG0S2KoBtqPQ9wGPBJIlQq37C5Cm9het27mc-3dpCqwdxphWqt-jtPc67-3BjvdKMyhGHXrF3xHrsP0jJNyB25TQ8H0O6jd2w5r
figure pictured on the right
ML5I1jzN_rwYVaJ7SY7LpyKH1n4_LzB1FMyjlqCKTJancSG1m-8hMJr-i3KarB9KppxguHzcYP9twSq7zlDv0u80GRbBw0Pku2gnaIbCZ6MdoUfRAAmOS110TjyNCCTFkvSSv76B
shirt & hoodie pictured below
6TUDU13AMijfhywhbFlf-Y7oQl1vAvMWhPA9jScadT70Eui42XgaUtXR46vV-qvaLMvHflBdsjp-05FNe3IBLq2DbCfM59dAbOjsDFDhPMmLSfyddtiJfO6jb1INcuh6LxxSjCRh
-apX0LWWvY3SP5xSHHafSnBCCbf2lbtMHYlheigJV3al9suryjS38CSsqHII30zpyeHSg0af0LHO_aqfzWyHcfU1ClHgOj7suRk7LdVlAsqf3dQ91-WqVVmzHWn-AvUXZ_VEAM8r

as well as geodes & toy mining tools along with more “adult” products such as jewelry. Later on Rocky Tsum Tsums & Rocky pins are sold.

The inside of the store resembles a cavern full of colorful crystals.
AxgxbF_1AAw4p9wJNgNzt0O7_7qfdI_B7dBliGNoq8pZuE-zZlDzDS0zWWzkZNIpT6wbDEzMQ4XeT325FVH1q6myA0OSPU859iPUT2WPOFRPOP1J0Dao0JQuBuD8OaYctZ4lFqOa

TwilightZone

surprised oh my GIF

Disaster Coaster. I like it. I say we have it as some sort of research center where they study and try chronicle the beauty of the elements. But then a disaster a storm is coming. So, everyone evacuates. But some research drone is out there (cute R2D2/Johnny 5/ROB type robot?). The boss (played by the same actor as the narrator for Tegan's ride to connect the two?) says to leave it because it is too dangerous, but one scientist (the coaster host character) wants to save it and we volunteer to help.

Set it up with a TV screen pre-show like Dinosaur and Mission Space and Test Track 1.0. But then the ride itself doesn't have much storytelling beyond the host's voice helping explain what is happening and thanking us for rescuing the robot at the end (which could be an actual figure)

Then the pavilion as a whole can get an Imagination Institute style framing device to the Research center studying the elements. Including windchimes and Cloud shaped bubble lighting and expanding a bit on the exhibits already offered to be more "research center" themed and add/cut stuff to make it more than just geology.

Plus, updating the movie a bit, but honestly I feel it works well for the 90s already. Maybe just say something about shortening the serious side a bit to add a bit more of the cartoon dude hijinks.

If we went with this pitch: We would need 2 actors. One for the Boss/new ride narrator and one for the braver younger scientist/coaster host character.

I'll pitch Greg Daniels (Mr. Feeny) for the boss. For the youg scientist I'm gonna pitch Johnny Galecki. Most famous for Big Bang Theory now, but he was a major character in Rosanne with was a big ABC hit in the 90s.

View attachment 541850View attachment 541849
Ooo good stuff! I like this approach a lot and it fits in with future world (like you said imagination institute, plus test track also had that kinda lab thing.....almost)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Ooo good stuff! I like this approach a lot and it fits in with future world (like you said imagination institute, plus test track also had that kinda lab thing.....almost)
I always thought it would be a good direction for Epcot as a whole to make all the pavilions research/testing stations of some sort, but it never went thought to all of them. Mission:Space kind of was too.

Anways, what are you interested in handling?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Option two (vintage styled Disney materiel from each era) totally works for me. Other than you as PM, and whoever sets up the hosting site, it totally separates our three sub-teams - which fits how we’ve been working so far.

As a proud member of Team Eighties, tomorrow I can start work on figuring out what our stuff would look like.
I APPRECIATE YOU BIG GREEN!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Crystal Cavern

The Crystal Cavern acts as the resident gift-shop where guests can purchase merchandise of the land’s mascot Rocky The Gopher as well as other relevant items inside a “cavern” full of shiny “crystals”.

Some of the items available include plushies, clothing items, & figures of Rocky, plush pictured on the right
_-4M_edno5DpxP4wG_J8VMwGMCqxCtZO8Pl3wxG0S2KoBtqPQ9wGPBJIlQq37C5Cm9het27mc-3dpCqwdxphWqt-jtPc67-3BjvdKMyhGHXrF3xHrsP0jJNyB25TQ8H0O6jd2w5r
figure pictured on the right
ML5I1jzN_rwYVaJ7SY7LpyKH1n4_LzB1FMyjlqCKTJancSG1m-8hMJr-i3KarB9KppxguHzcYP9twSq7zlDv0u80GRbBw0Pku2gnaIbCZ6MdoUfRAAmOS110TjyNCCTFkvSSv76B
shirt & hoodie pictured below
6TUDU13AMijfhywhbFlf-Y7oQl1vAvMWhPA9jScadT70Eui42XgaUtXR46vV-qvaLMvHflBdsjp-05FNe3IBLq2DbCfM59dAbOjsDFDhPMmLSfyddtiJfO6jb1INcuh6LxxSjCRh
-apX0LWWvY3SP5xSHHafSnBCCbf2lbtMHYlheigJV3al9suryjS38CSsqHII30zpyeHSg0af0LHO_aqfzWyHcfU1ClHgOj7suRk7LdVlAsqf3dQ91-WqVVmzHWn-AvUXZ_VEAM8r

as well as geodes & toy mining tools along with more “adult” products such as jewelry. Later on Rocky Tsum Tsums & Rocky pins are sold.

The inside of the store resembles a cavern full of colorful crystals.
AxgxbF_1AAw4p9wJNgNzt0O7_7qfdI_B7dBliGNoq8pZuE-zZlDzDS0zWWzkZNIpT6wbDEzMQ4XeT325FVH1q6myA0OSPU859iPUT2WPOFRPOP1J0Dao0JQuBuD8OaYctZ4lFqOa
I am loving your enthusiasm for this!!!!
So the shop could expand, maybe take over the Pan For Gems location to become larger, emphasizing the focus on merchandising?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
surprised oh my GIF

View attachment 541850View attachment 541849
I’m in love with this premise!!! Cute little robots tug at my heartstrings!! 🤖💜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom