Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Eleven: Shifting Lanes

DashHaber

Alright, so here is a rough draft of my take on the bowling alley. Let me know what you think.

Bowling Alley: Entering in through the doors of Castle Dedede, guests find themselves amid the gentle scenery of an iconic level from the Kirby franchise: Green Greens. The walls are painted with images of a large rivers and a variety of hills dotting a far-off landscape, as dot-shaped clouds populate the clear blue sky. The main floor of the bowling alley is green, with a light tan pathway through main walking areas to guide guests toward the different areas around the bowling alley.

522020681_orig.PNG

(Wall design)

(flooring design)

Checking in at the front desk (which is designed to resemble the hill platforms from the Green Greens stage), guests will receive their bowling shoes. The bowling shoes come in a variety of 8 different colors, based upon the palette choices for Kirby from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Pink, yellow, blue, red, green, orange, purple, and black and white. With their shoes acquired, guests will head down that tan path towards the lane that they have been assigned.

1000px-Kirby_Palette_%28SSBU%29.png

(Reference colors for the shoes)

Each lane has a variety of chairs for guests to sit on when not rolling, designed with a white color and plush seating to resemble gentle clouds. Right by these chairs are tables whose tops resemble the front of the Star Block so often seen in the Kirby games, so guests can have a spot close by to have their snacks. There are also touchpad monitors (built into set-ups designed to resemble those hill platforms) so players can enter their names and any team information.

(Reference for tabletop)

The lanes themselves have a checkered tile design, reminiscent of the flooring from Kirby’s Dream Course, with the lane dividers looking like the green barriers from that game (though adorned with tiny stars). At the other end of the lane, guests are treated to a back wall that is painted to resemble treetops holding apples (along with the occasional Gordo) and a tree design separating each lane. The pins themselves possess the shocked expression of that signature boss from the Kirby games, Whispy Woods.

220px-Kirby%27s_Dream_Course_1-1.png

(Lane pattern and lane divider reference)

Masthead_WhispyWoods.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

(Whispy Woods)

The bowling balls rest in a rack connected to the ball return, with resembles a small hill topped with a warp star. The bowling balls come in a variety of designs, based around characters from the games. Of course, plenty of them are modeled around Kirby. They feature that friendly face and come in a variety of colors he has sported in his games, like pink, yellow, red, blue, green, and black and white (like his debut in Kirby’s Dream Land). There are also balls modeled after other characters from the games, like Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, Rick, Kine, Coo, and even King Dedede.

latest

(Waddle Dee)

latest

(Meta Knight)

Banner-KirbyRickKineCoo.jpg

(Rick the Hamster, Kine the Fish, and Coo the Owl)

kirby_star_allies_characters_artwork_king_dedede.jpg

(King Dedede)

Of course, there are other touches to catch the eyes of guests. For instance, monitors over each lane that display the score also feature delightful animations for moments like strikes, spares, and even the dreaded gutterball. Also, when the ball is returning to the player after they’ve rolled, they will see those stars on the line divider light up as the ball makes its way to the Warp Star, emerging into the ball return. It is a small touch, but one designed to remind players of the Warp Star from the Kirby games.

tumblr_nauakzdhrs1tjtt6do1_500.gif

(Warp star)

JokersWild

Alright, so here is a rough draft of my take on the bowling alley. Let me know what you think.

Bowling Alley: Entering in through the doors of Castle Dedede, guests find themselves amid the gentle scenery of an iconic level from the Kirby franchise: Green Greens. The walls are painted with images of a large rivers and a variety of hills dotting a far-off landscape, as dot-shaped clouds populate the clear blue sky. The main floor of the bowling alley is green, with a light tan pathway through main walking areas to guide guests toward the different areas around the bowling alley.

522020681_orig.PNG

(Wall design)

(flooring design)

Checking in at the front desk (which is designed to resemble the hill platforms from the Green Greens stage), guests will receive their bowling shoes. The bowling shoes come in a variety of 8 different colors, based upon the palette choices for Kirby from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Pink, yellow, blue, red, green, orange, purple, and black and white. With their shoes acquired, guests will head down that tan path towards the lane that they have been assigned.

1000px-Kirby_Palette_%28SSBU%29.png

(Reference colors for the shoes)

Each lane has a variety of chairs for guests to sit on when not rolling, designed with a white color and plush seating to resemble gentle clouds. Right by these chairs are tables whose tops resemble the front of the Star Block so often seen in the Kirby games, so guests can have a spot close by to have their snacks. There are also touchpad monitors (built into set-ups designed to resemble those hill platforms) so players can enter their names and any team information.

(Reference for tabletop)

The lanes themselves have a checkered tile design, reminiscent of the flooring from Kirby’s Dream Course, with the lane dividers looking like the green barriers from that game (though adorned with tiny stars). At the other end of the lane, guests are treated to a back wall that is painted to resemble treetops holding apples (along with the occasional Gordo) and a tree design separating each lane. The pins themselves possess the shocked expression of that signature boss from the Kirby games, Whispy Woods.

220px-Kirby%27s_Dream_Course_1-1.png

(Lane pattern and lane divider reference)

Masthead_WhispyWoods.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png

(Whispy Woods)

The bowling balls rest in a rack connected to the ball return, with resembles a small hill topped with a warp star. The bowling balls come in a variety of designs, based around characters from the games. Of course, plenty of them are modeled around Kirby. They feature that friendly face and come in a variety of colors he has sported in his games, like pink, yellow, red, blue, green, and black and white (like his debut in Kirby’s Dream Land). There are also balls modeled after other characters from the games, like Meta Knight, Waddle Dee, Rick, Kine, Coo, and even King Dedede.

latest

(Waddle Dee)

latest

(Meta Knight)

Banner-KirbyRickKineCoo.jpg

(Rick the Hamster, Kine the Fish, and Coo the Owl)

kirby_star_allies_characters_artwork_king_dedede.jpg

(King Dedede)

Of course, there are other touches to catch the eyes of guests. For instance, monitors over each lane that display the score also feature delightful animations for moments like strikes, spares, and even the dreaded gutterball. Also, when the ball is returning to the player after they’ve rolled, they will see those stars on the line divider light up as the ball makes its way to the Warp Star, emerging into the ball return. It is a small touch, but one designed to remind players of the Warp Star from the Kirby games.

tumblr_nauakzdhrs1tjtt6do1_500.gif

(Warp star)
Really fantastic. Honestly, all of the little suggestions I had you ended up hitting on the more I read. Great write up. Great work. Can't wait to see the final draft.

DashHaber

Really fantastic. Honestly, all of the little suggestions I had you ended up hitting on the more I read. Great write up. Great work. Can't wait to see the final draft.
Glad you like it. Honestly, not sure how much I'd alter or change, then, for a final draft. Maybe I could think of potential music for the bowling alley (considering all the great music in the Kirby games), but other than that, I don't know what else to add.

JokersWild

All of the animations were really amazing.

I’ll probably have my stuff up tomorrow as well then we can tweak stuff if we really need to. I think that we still have about two days, if I have my time zones right, so we have plenty of time still.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
They're both references :p.

View attachment 489473
Fantastic Game.

Not sure if you are into the Game Grumps, but their fans made a Rom Hack of that game where they made like 100 custom levels because of how much the Grumps were into it. So, if you like that game and want more, there's a hole huge sequel there! Nothing changed other than new courses and some tweaked sprites.
1596853510336.png
1596853543216.png
1596853527590.png

DashHaber

Alright, so I have been going through some music from the Kirby games. I've got a few ideas for potential music that could play in the bowling alley (I'd imagine a few different tunes to help offer variety), and thought I'd see which tracks folks like.

JokersWild

All of these are great, but I’m not sure that it’s a good idea to have chiptune music playing all day haha.

I did some digging and found some jazz/ big band arrangements of Kirby music, if we want to try going that route? I’m on my phone right now, but I can link some once I get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom