Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Eleven: Shifting Lanes

goofyyukyuk

To be honest, the TMNT idea is kind of growing on me... I liked the Flintstones one too even though that was more throwaway. Other random ideas I had were Grease, Looney Tunes, and the Rocketeer. We could also think about setting the alley in space/under the sea or something like that and pick an IP based on that. I’m just realizing I’m wayyyyy underversed on “classic” movies from before I was born 🤣

Outbound

To be honest, the TMNT idea is kind of growing on me... I liked the Flintstones one too even though that was more throwaway. Other random ideas I had were Grease, Looney Tunes, and the Rocketeer. We could also think about setting the alley in space/under the sea or something like that and pick an IP based on that. I’m just realizing I’m wayyyyy underversed on “classic” movies from before I was born 🤣

Now that I think about it TMNT would really well.

May I handle the presentation for this round? I have an... idea...

bafae7467be988e6b78fa095da54bdd4.gif

goofyyukyuk

Now that I think about it TMNT would really well.

May I handle the presentation for this round? I have an... idea...

bafae7467be988e6b78fa095da54bdd4.gif
Hahaha fine by me! I think TMNT could lend itself to a lot of opportunities design-wise, although we don’t necessarily have to have an IP chosen yet... project is due Sunday though, so that’s a short window to work in

goofyyukyuk

I agree with what was said earlier to be honest... regardless of what we choose, it makes the most sense to have a more silly IP that fits the bowling alley prompt

JokersWild

How weird do we want to get with this? I know that you guys were talking about some weird concepts and while TMNT is fun, I don’t think it’s different enough for what we could be doing.

What if we went totally off the wall and did some weird IP like Pee-Wee’s Playhouse? I think that the setting lends itself really well to a family fun center, and is weird enough that we could have a lot of really creative sets/ details.

I’ll try to think of some more, but Pee-Wee was my initial thought after reading through everyone’s earlier discussion.

Also, do we have a PM yet? I wouldn’t mind taking it if no one else is up for it.

goofyyukyuk

How weird do we want to get with this? I know that you guys were talking about some weird concepts and while TMNT is fun, I don’t think it’s different enough for what we could be doing.

What if we went totally off the wall and did some weird IP like Pee-Wee’s Playhouse? I think that the setting lends itself really well to a family fun center, and is weird enough that we could have a lot of really creative sets/ details.

I’ll try to think of some more, but Pee-Wee was my initial thought after reading through everyone’s earlier discussion.

Also, do we have a PM yet? I wouldn’t mind taking it if no one else is up for it.
I like the idea, but I wonder if it’s more outdated than most of the older ideas we’ve mentioned?
I’m good with you being PM!

JokersWild

I like the idea, but I wonder if it’s more outdated than most of the older ideas we’ve mentioned?
I’m good with you being PM!
I get you, but is time period something that we should be worrying about for this project? Personally, this is the last project that we're all together, there is no way for us to lose as a team, let's get weird with it.

That being said, everyone's ideas all sound great and I'll support whatever we as a team decide on.

goofyyukyuk

I get you, but is time period something that we should be worrying about for this project? Personally, this is the last project that we're all together, there is no way for us to lose as a team, let's get weird with it.

That being said, everyone's ideas all sound great and I'll support whatever we as a team decide on.
Fair... one of the advantages to not being able to lose haha. Like you said, whatever the team wants to go with works for me... I’ll keep trying to brainstorm these weird ideas too!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

Just to be clear, you'll also be competing as a group unit in the semi-finals. A change from how we normally do things, to be sure.

JokersWild

So right now, we're sitting on:

.Pee-Wee
.TMNT
.Beetlejuice (which I love as a concept, but I don't think works as a bowling alley.)
.Gravity Falls
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb
.Yogi Bear
.Cats

Since we only have until Sunday, let's try to get this solidified by tomorrow (Thursday night for you guys, I think)

Last edited:

DashHaber

So right now, we're sitting on:

.Pee-Wee
.TMNT
.Beetlejuice (which I love as a concept, but I don't think works as a bowling alley.)
.Gravity Falls
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb
.Yogi Bear
.Cats

Since we only have until Sunday, let's try to get this solidified by tomorrow (Thursday night for you guys, I think)
While TMNT is still my top pick, I can definitely see Gravity Falls and Pee-Wee's Playhouse as solid themes. A bowling alley seems like the kind of thing I could imagine sitting in that weird town (maybe even as a new operation that Grunkle Stan is trying to get in on), while Pee-Wee is so rooted in a goofy and bombastic 1950s aesthetic that a bowling alley would be a natural fit.

I did think more on TMNT, and you know how some bowling alleys have "cosmic bowling" to spice things up? As a special event, a TMNT bowling alley could have a "Foot Invasion" event, where you've got villains like Shredder and Krang taunting you on TV monitors, giving you challenges to try and accomplish as you roll.

Also, another IP I could see: Kirby. It's pretty easy to imagine those bowling balls modeled after Kirby, and the snack bar could have a really varied style to compliment the treats from the games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom