Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Eleven: Shifting Lanes

DashHaber

All of these are great, but I’m not sure that it’s a good idea to have chiptune music playing all day haha.

I did some digging and found some jazz/ big band arrangements of Kirby music, if we want to try going that route? I’m on my phone right now, but I can link some once I get home.
Oh, yeah. Jazz or big band covers of Kirby tunes would work well for a bowling alley.

Outbound

God, what is with all the ads lately? They're spamming my website!

ProjectOne.png

ProjectTwo.png

ProjectThree.png

ProjectFour.png

ProjectFive.png

ProjectSix.png

ProjectSeven.png

ProjectEight.png

ProjectNine.png

ProjectTen.png

goofyyukyuk

HAHAHAHA this is amazing!!!!

On another note, I've finished with my interior concept art! I tried to copy Dash's descriptions as closely as possible. The video is basically seeing the bowling alley from the point of view of the bowling ball, so you're rolling down the lane and into the pins. Because of the way the ball rolls, the alley behind the ball looks upside down. Hopefully the video works haha!

Original art used:
Alley:
Screenshot (113).png

Lanes:
Screenshot (123).png

Outbound

Here is the WIP Site! I will be adding the writing/project itself tomorrow, but I wanted to share the theme aesthetic with you guys first.

(There are many easter eggs hidden around. For example, check out the mailing address and phone number)

Outbound

HAHAHAHA this is amazing!!!!

On another note, I've finished with my interior concept art! I tried to copy Dash's descriptions as closely as possible. The video is basically seeing the bowling alley from the point of view of the bowling ball, so you're rolling down the lane and into the pins. Because of the way the ball rolls, the alley behind the ball looks upside down. Hopefully the video works haha!

Original art used:
Alley:
View attachment 489740

Lanes:
View attachment 489743

The video isn't working for me... not sure why.

1596958252878.png

JokersWild

Before I forget, have we come to a consensus on the name? I'm partial to Kirby's Dream Lanes personally, but I know that Goofy liked Kirby's Superstar Lanes.

JokersWild

Chef Kawasaki’s Hot Pot
1596976938536.png

Between the bowling alley and the arcade is Kawasaki’s Hot Pot, the complex’s diner. Kawasaki’s takes up a circular footprint with an open layout. The diner is themed to an open field in Green Greens, surrounded partially by a wooden fence and a few small (faceless) apple trees. A few small wooden kiosks break the fence and hills, each featuring a different colored tarp with pictures of various foods. Lololo and Lalala can be seen sitting in one of the trees, looking down on diners. On the back wall, a star door leads into the kitchen.
1596977002016.png

In the center of the restaurant stands a large statue of Chef Kawasaki who is excitedly standing behind a large pot over an open fire, a bottle of spices in one hand, and a bunch of radishes in the other. A trio of Waddle-dees hang from the side of the pot, looking in on what Kawasaki is cooking. Surrounding Kawasaki are a number of picnic tables, each with checkered picnic tablecloths in red, blue, or green. Kawasaki’s serves bowling alley classics as well as a few more unique offerings to fit more within the Kirby universe and set itself above normal bowling alley fare.

Menu
Small Plates

.Mozzarella Sticks
.French Fries
.Charcuterie Plate
.Maxim Tomato Soup
.Salad
.Fruit salad

Entrees
.Maxim Tomato Pizza
A large pizza. Available in cheese or cheese and pepperoni.
.Hamburger
.Hotdog
.Curry
Japanese-styled curry. Served with pork or beef and white rice.
.Spicy Curry
Same famous curry. Just spicier.
.Chef Kawasaki’s Famous Ramen
Classic tonkotsu-style ramen.
.Spare ribs
Korean style spare ribs.

Dessert
.Strawberry Shortcake
.Crepe
.Ice Cream Bar
.The Bomb!!!
A large chocolate cake made to look like a bomb. Served with a sparkler. Great for parties.

Last edited:

JokersWild

Let me know if you guys have any problem with the menu. I tried to exclusively use food that shows up in the games, but the food featured is surprisingly Japanese, so we have a mix of American and what is considered to be fast(er) food in Japan.

NigelChanning

Meta-Knight’s Airship Arcade
The bowling alley’s arcade is themed to the Halberd, Meta-Knight’s airship.
0DB65881-57D2-4472-AF0D-1FFC8855B934.png

The arcade is located above ground and guests travel upward via staircase or wheelchair accessible ramp. The floors are wood and there’s railings along the side of the platform. The Halberd itself overlooks the entire bowling alley and occasionally the ship’s canons will go off releasing a cloud of smoke. The Halberd features a large collection of fan favorite games among its deck. The games inside the arcade include:

•Pinball

•Dance Dance Revolution

•Ski Ball

•Whack-A-Mole

•Air Hockey

•Basketball

•Racing

•Guitar Hero

•Connect Four

•Claw Machine

The main attraction is an immersive VR Experience where guests, for an additional charge, can put on a VR headset and hold VR controllers and roam around Kirby’s Dreamland. In reality, guests are just walking around a small area but in the game, they can interact with Kirby and the world around them. In order to play the games, guests must purchase a card with the desired amount of cash on it and they’re able to swipe any game to play.

JokersWild

Meta-Knight’s Airship Arcade
The bowling alley’s arcade is themed to the Halberd, Meta-Knight’s airship.
View attachment 489790
The arcade is located above ground and guests travel upward via staircase or wheelchair accessible ramp. The floors are wood and there’s railings along the side of the platform. The Halberd itself overlooks the entire bowling alley and occasionally the ship’s canons will go off releasing a cloud of smoke. The Halberd features a large collection of fan favorite games among its deck. The games inside the arcade include:

•Pinball

•Dance Dance Revolution

•Ski Ball

•Whack-A-Mole

•Air Hockey

•Basketball

•Racing

•Guitar Hero

•Connect Four

•Claw Machine

The main attraction is an immersive VR Experience where guests, for an additional charge, can put on a VR headset and hold VR controllers and roam around Kirby’s Dreamland. In reality, guests are just walking around a small area but in the game, they can interact with Kirby and the world around them. In order to play the games, guests must purchase a card with the desired amount of cash on it and they’re able to swipe any game to play.
Everything looks great. Great job.

AceAstro

Exterior

Kirby has a ton of memorable experiences and locations that would make a stunning exterior! But none come close to King Dedede's Castle!

1596989059101.png

Castle Dedede has been featured in a ton of Kirby games and is iconic in its own right because of it. Through the use of forced perspective, the castle seems to be much bigger than it actually is.

The cannons around the exterior can be seen smoking as if they had just been used to keep someone away (walking up to the castle, guests can see cannonballs impaled into the ground and light poles around.

At night, the building really comes alive! Suddenly, all the lights from the castle come on. In the windows, guests can see silhouettes of King Dedede and Kirby preparing to fight. Guests can also see how those cannonballs got everywhere as when night falls the cannons simulate firing off (red lights, smoke, and sound just like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride).

With an exterior like this, the guests have fun before they even step a foot through the door!​

JokersWild

Exterior

Kirby has a ton of memorable experiences and locations that would make a stunning exterior! But none come close to King Dedede's Castle!

View attachment 489797

Castle Dedede has been featured in a ton of Kirby games and is iconic in its own right because of it. Through the use of forced perspective, the castle seems to be much bigger than it actually is.

The cannons around the exterior can be seen smoking as if they had just been used to keep someone away (walking up to the castle, guests can see cannonballs impaled into the ground and light poles around.

At night, the building really comes alive! Suddenly, all the lights from the castle come on. In the windows, guests can see silhouettes of King Dedede and Kirby preparing to fight. Guests can also see how those cannonballs got everywhere as when night falls the cannons simulate firing off (red lights, smoke, and sound just like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride).

With an exterior like this, the guests have fun before they even step a foot through the door!​
Looks great!

I'm about to head to bed. I'll be back a few hours before the project is due to finish up whatever (if anything) we have left and get it posted. Great job, everyone. Can't wait to see the finished presentation (and more concept art? I'm not sure what Goofy was planning on.)

goofyyukyuk

Looks great!

I'm about to head to bed. I'll be back a few hours before the project is due to finish up whatever (if anything) we have left and get it posted. Great job, everyone. Can't wait to see the finished presentation (and more concept art? I'm not sure what Goofy was planning on.)
Maybe? Today’s move in day so I’m not sure if I’ll have time to do anything else but I’ll see what I can do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom