Team Prospero Brainstorming Thread - Project Eleven: Shifting Lanes

D Hulk

dude1.gif

dude5.gif

JokersWild

While TMNT is still my top pick, I can definitely see Gravity Falls and Pee-Wee's Playhouse as solid themes. A bowling alley seems like the kind of thing I could imagine sitting in that weird town (maybe even as a new operation that Grunkle Stan is trying to get in on), while Pee-Wee is so rooted in a goofy and bombastic 1950s aesthetic that a bowling alley would be a natural fit.

I did think more on TMNT, and you know how some bowling alleys have "cosmic bowling" to spice things up? As a special event, a TMNT bowling alley could have a "Foot Invasion" event, where you've got villains like Shredder and Krang taunting you on TV monitors, giving you challenges to try and accomplish as you roll.

Also, another IP I could see: Kirby. It's pretty easy to imagine those bowling balls modeled after Kirby, and the snack bar could have a really varied style to compliment the treats from the games.
For Pee-Wee, I'm picturing playhouse aesthetic. I'd also really love to see a (fake) rube goldberg ball return above the lanes. Weird stuff like that would be a ton of fun to see.

I like your ideas for TMNT, but the events might be a bit complicated? Definitely a super interesting idea.

I really like Kirby as a concept as well. The aesthetics would be really amazing, and kirby definitely lends itself well to bowling. Maybe use different characters for the balls as well (different colored kirbys as well as Waddle-dees and the like.)

DashHaber

For Pee-Wee, I'm picturing playhouse aesthetic. I'd also really love to see a (fake) rube goldberg ball return above the lanes. Weird stuff like that would be a ton of fun to see.

I like your ideas for TMNT, but the events might be a bit complicated? Definitely a super interesting idea.

I really like Kirby as a concept as well. The aesthetics would be really amazing, and kirby definitely lends itself well to bowling. Maybe use different characters for the balls as well (different colored kirbys as well as Waddle-dees and the like.)
Precisely why I can see Pee-Wee working for bowling.

Good point. The events might be overcomplicating it, but I was thinking of that as an occasional thing. Besides that, there's still plenty of look and attitude from TMNT that meshes well with bowling.

Good call. Yeah, different colors for the balls based on Kirby and related characters, like Waddle Dee and Meta Knight. Maybe the pins could even have Whispy Woods's face on them. Heck, I even have an idea for what the bowling alley could be called: Kirby's Dream Lanes.

JokersWild

Precisely why I can see Pee-Wee working for bowling.

Good point. The events might be overcomplicating it, but I was thinking of that as an occasional thing. Besides that, there's still plenty of look and attitude from TMNT that meshes well with bowling.

Good call. Yeah, different colors for the balls based on Kirby and related characters, like Waddle Dee and Meta Knight. Maybe the pins could even have Whispy Woods's face on them. Heck, I even have an idea for what the bowling alley could be called: Kirby's Dream Lanes.
I'm definitely feeling Kirby. Maybe theme the inside to DeeDeeDee's castle? Rolling hills as the ball return covers. Possibly a grass/ tile aesthetic over the actual lanes. There's a lot we could do with this. I kinda wish that we could focus on other aspects; Kirby would really lend itself to a minigolf course as well.

goofyyukyuk

I'm still for TMNT, regardless of events... it may be a little much, but like Dash said, I think it fits a bowling alley really well. Pee Wee's Playhouse was significantly before my time, but after some research, I could see it as a fun design exercise and could definitely see it fitting a bowling alley. And out of all the ideas I've mentioned, Phineas and Ferb is the only one that sorta fits that odd, out of the box aesthetic it seems like we're going for

JokersWild

Does anyone else have any other ideas? I'm going to head to bed soon, but I'd like to get a vote going so we can get moving on the actual concept. For posterity, here's what we've got so far, with my and Ace's current votes:

.Pee-Wee (2)
.TMNT (1)
.Beetlejuice
.Gravity Falls (1)
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb (1)
.Yogi Bear
.Cats
.Kirby (3)

Personally, my votes are for PeeWee and Kirby, but I'd love to hear if anyone has any other concepts/ concerns.

Last edited:

DashHaber

Does anyone else have any other ideas? I'm going to head to bed soon, but I'd like to get a vote going so we can get moving on the actual concept. For posterity, here's what we've got so far, with my and Ace's current votes:

.Pee-Wee (2)
.TMNT
.Beetlejuice (which I love as a concept, but I don't think works as a bowling alley.)
.Gravity Falls
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb
.Yogi Bear
.Cats
.Kirby (2)

Personally, my votes are for PeeWee and Kirby, but I'd love to hear if anyone has any other concepts/ concerns.
My votes will go towards TMNT and Kirby.

Outbound

.Pee-Wee (2)
.TMNT (1)
.Beetlejuice
.Gravity Falls (1)
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb (1)
.Yogi Bear
.Cats
.Kirby (3)

I vote PeeWee and TMNT!

DashHaber

So, it looks like our votes come out to...

.Pee-Wee (3)
.TMNT (3)
.Beetlejuice
.Gravity Falls (1)
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb (2)
.Yogi Bear
.Cats
.Kirby (3)

...Which unfortunately still leaves us at a three-way tie between Pee-Wee, TMNT, and Kirby.

Outbound

So, it looks like our votes come out to...

.Pee-Wee (3)
.TMNT (3)
.Beetlejuice
.Gravity Falls (1)
.DuckTales
.Phineas and Ferb (2)
.Yogi Bear
.Cats
.Kirby (3)

...Which unfortunately still leaves us at a three-way tie between Pee-Wee, TMNT, and Kirby.

Pee Wee's Kirby Adventure Costarring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

DashHaber

Pee Wee's Kirby Adventure Costarring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
That would be fun, if only we weren't shackled to one IP.

While TMNT or Pee-Wee would be good for a bowling alley, Kirby could offer a lovely aesthetic and theme to work from.

That, and it seems there's at least one judge psyched about that idea.

Last edited:

Outbound

That would be fun, if only we weren't shackled to one IP.

While TMNT or Pee-Wee would be good for a bowling alley, Kirby could offer a lovely aesthetic and theme to work from.

That, and it seems there's at least one judge psyched about that idea.

Ok. I'm willing to swap my vote to Kirby if the judges are amped for it. I agree the Kirby theme is a great aesthetic to work off!

DashHaber

Ok. I'm willing to swap my vote to Kirby if the judges are amped for it. I agree the Kirby theme is a great aesthetic to work off!
Yeah, we had a DO IT, YOU COWARDS message from mickeyfan earlier in the thread.

So, if we are good, then let's roll with Kirby for our bowling alley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom