Team Heroes - Stanza V: Patch 'Em Up

James G.

@Outbound , that is absolutely incredible! I suppose if you want to put some stills of Americana in I can send you some, but that is up to you. What you have is incredible! Oh, what the heck:

James G.

In case anyone needs this, here the link to the frame story:

I might be writing a postscript, hopefully funny. I'll post it in here before committing us to using it, to be sure that it actually is humorous to anyone other than me.;)

James G.

I got inspired. Here's my proposed postscript for the frame story. It would go after the conclusion of the story.

Please give me some feedback!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone created the google slides to put the project on?
We have one for Silver Dollar City. Were we doing four seperate ones connecting by a website or a forum post? Or just one big Google Slide

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I got inspired. Here's my proposed postscript for the frame story. It would go after the conclusion of the story.

Please give me some feedback!
Just skimmed it for now, but "The three villains had locked themselves in a ladies’ bathroom" already has me sold on it

spacemt354

Chili's
We have one for Silver Dollar City. Were we doing four seperate ones connecting by a website or a forum post? Or just one big Google Slide

James G.

In case anyone needs this, here the link to the frame story:

I might be writing a postscript, hopefully funny. I'll post it in here before committing us to using it, to be sure that it actually is humorous to anyone other than me.;)
This is the frame story I wrote. I left areas in it for each individual park. Can you use this?

spacemt354

Chili's
This is the frame story I wrote. I left areas in it for each individual park. Can you use this?
Oh you wanna do the project on google docs? We could do that as well -it's basically the same thing as slides just in a doc format.

Since none of us have anything posted yet - what does everyone think?

James G.

Oh you wanna do the project on google docs? We could do that as well -it's basically the same thing as slides just in a doc format.

Since none of us have anything posted yet - what does everyone think?
I have no idea how to use anything else to share stuff with you. This should not surprise anyone. I really don't care what is used, as long as it makes the hard work that everyone has done look the best possible.

I'll be leaving for a meeting soon, one that I can't get out of (I'm the chairperson), and won't be back on line until early tomorrow morning, then later afternoon. Whoever want to take the lead and decide the best way to present this, then make that decision happen, please do so!

spacemt354

Chili's
I have no idea how to use anything else to share stuff with you..This should not surprise anyone. I really don't care what is used, as long as it makes the hard work that everyone has done look the best possible.
I think the slides are better for visuals - that being said I'd still like to use your talent for writing!

Perhaps as a preamble to the post itself -- it can just be posted on the forum like it is below...and then we post the project in a subsequent post tomorrow
------------------------------------------------------------------
“Mr. Kalnow, may I ask why all the heavy security and cloak-and-dagger secrecy around this meeting?” asked an older gentleman, identified only as “James G.” by the nametag he wore on his suit coat. “We had to pass through two metal detectors, were patted down by your security guards and even had sniffer dogs checking us for who-knows-what, and now we have to go by aliases instead of our real names. Why all the precautions? I don’t think any of us expected all this. All we’re here for is to present our proposals for improvements to our parks, not to plan the overthrow of the government!” The others seated around the massive oval conference table in the Dwight Eisenhower Hotel’s Gettysburg Conference Room shared his questions and concerns.

“You had it easy,” Douglas Hindley said. “Some of us had to give blood samples.” Everybody in the room chuckled a bit at that seemingly-humorous comment until Douglas, along with two of his Americana colleagues Jeff Elliott and Alex Chambers, held up their bandaged fingers as proof. The room got very quiet.

“I know you’re all confused at the unexpected level of security around this meeting,” Carl Kalnow said, “and if you just want to blame it on the eccentricities of a crazy rich man- that’s me- go ahead. Let’s just say that I have my reasons to be worried about security for this meeting. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the whole story anyway, so just accept that there are people- I’ll call them people- who would do just about anything to hear what plans you’ve come up with for improving your parks.”

“Aren’t you the only person interested in our proposals?” asked a rather serious-looking young man with the name “Spacemnt354” on his badge.

“Actually, no. I’m the one fronting all the money, but after I approve your proposals they will be evaluated by a group of judges, hopefully impartial, that will make the final decision if your parks will be admitted into the Americana Entertainment Group.”

“Wait,” said ‘Pi on my Cake,’ “you’re offering to give to all of us a total of one billion dollars, but you don’t have the final say in the decision? No offense, but this is really strange.”

“Pi, you have no idea how strange it really is,” Carl said, remembering that evening when he was confronted by three very strange, very mysterious and potentially very dangerous- uh- what were they anyway? Since that night he had received several emails and texts from those three beings concerning this contest between their four theme parks and the four parks represented here, but even his best computer security experts couldn’t trace the origin of the messages or who- or what- had sent them. He turned away from Pi to address the rest of the theme park designers seated at the table, all of which looked both confused and troubled. “Ladies and gentlemen…” but before he could continue a young woman who looked to be somewhere between the ages of sixteen and twenty-six, appropriately called ‘TwilightZone,’ interrupted him.

“What about the other parks?” she asked.

“Wait, what other parks?” asked ‘Outbound Flight.’ “I thought it was just the four of us trying to join the Americana Entertainment Group.”

“I’ve also heard of other parks being considered,” said ‘Brer Oswald.’ “I heard that Lagoon out in Utah or someplace was working on a proposal. Are they here?” he asked, looking around the room. Nobody answered, but Carl realized that he was losing control of this meeting and needed to get it back quickly.

“There are other parks being considered,” Carl told them reluctantly. The cat was out of the bag and he needed to confront the rumors immediately. “Along with your four parks- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk,” (he looked at the contingent from Santa Cruz, NateD1226 and TwilightZone), “Hersheypark,” (Spacemnt354, PergronStudio, Outbound Flight and Fire Mountain), “Holiday World,” (Evilgidgit along with James G. and Brer Oswald), “and Silver Dollar City,” (Pi on my Cake, DisneyDad and DisneyManOne), “there are four other parks under consideration, and they’re also having renovation proposals done for them. They are Morey’s Piers, Lagoon, Kennywood and Dollywood.”

“They’re all good parks,” DisneyManOne stated. “Why not just let them into the association. Why not let all of us in?” DisneyDad, sitting next to him, gave him a good hard elbow to the side in a not-too-subtle warning. Carl just laughed a bit.

“That’s a good question. I wish I could give you the answer, but right now I can’t. Let’s just say that I have two-hundred-and-fifty million reasons for each of your parks to not ask too many more questions. I just want to assure you that the money is clean money, that I’ve got it to spend, and that once we get the Americana Entertainment Group established and organized, the movie guys at Universal and the Black Rat of Burbank Bob Iger will finally understand what real competition is. Your four parks are good parks, very good parks bordering on outstanding. So are the other four parks I mentioned. If you’ve done as good a job as I suspect you can with the money I’m offering, and if the judges that will make the final decision are as smart and as discerning as I think they are, they’re going to see that not only did your four organizations create the best, most imaginative plans for making your four small regional parks into multiday destination parks, they’re also going to award us the other four parks and the one billion dollars of investments that our competitors have put up. That means that my one billion dollars becomes two billion dollars, and that overnight the Americana Entertainment Group becomes the dominant theme park organization in the world. Here, let me show you something.” He turned to Alex Chambers, one of the Americana Senior Managers, and said, “Alex, let’s show them the promotional video we had made. Will someone turn down the lights, please?” Carl took his seat.

The lights in the room dimmed as Alex turned to his laptop. Everyone looked towards the large screen at the far end of the room.

(Here insert the video for the Americana Entertainment Group that @OutboundFlight is creating. This video needs to be dramatic, inspiring, impressive yet showcasing the excitement and family fun that the four parks in the Americana Entertainment Group promise)

The lights came back up and the twelve visiting designers from the four parks sat quietly, obviously impressed at what they had just seen. Carl stood back up.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we’re here for. Today could be the most important day in the history of the American theme park industry since Walt Disney opened Disneyland back in 1955, and you’re all a part of this. However, we have to do this right, and that’s what I need to know before we leave today. I need to see what you’re proposing to create with my billion dollars of free cash. If you’re ready, I’d like to see your proposals. Who goes first?”

James G.

I think the slides are better for visuals - that being said I'd still like to use your talent for writing!

Perhaps as a preamble to the post itself -- it can just be posted on the forum like it is below...and then we post the project in a subsequent post tomorrow
------------------------------------------------------------------
“Mr. Kalnow, may I ask why all the heavy security and cloak-and-dagger secrecy around this meeting?” asked an older gentleman, identified only as “James G.” by the nametag he wore on his suit coat. “We had to pass through two metal detectors, were patted down by your security guards and even had sniffer dogs checking us for who-knows-what, and now we have to go by aliases instead of our real names. Why all the precautions? I don’t think any of us expected all this. All we’re here for is to present our proposals for improvements to our parks, not to plan the overthrow of the government!” The others seated around the massive oval conference table in the Dwight Eisenhower Hotel’s Gettysburg Conference Room shared his questions and concerns.

“You had it easy,” Douglas Hindley said. “Some of us had to give blood samples.” Everybody in the room chuckled a bit at that seemingly-humorous comment until Douglas, along with two of his Americana colleagues Jeff Elliott and Alex Chambers, held up their bandaged fingers as proof. The room got very quiet.

“I know you’re all confused at the unexpected level of security around this meeting,” Carl Kalnow said, “and if you just want to blame it on the eccentricities of a crazy rich man- that’s me- go ahead. Let’s just say that I have my reasons to be worried about security for this meeting. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the whole story anyway, so just accept that there are people- I’ll call them people- who would do just about anything to hear what plans you’ve come up with for improving your parks.”

“Aren’t you the only person interested in our proposals?” asked a rather serious-looking young man with the name “Spacemnt354” on his badge.

“Actually, no. I’m the one fronting all the money, but after I approve your proposals they will be evaluated by a group of judges, hopefully impartial, that will make the final decision if your parks will be admitted into the Americana Entertainment Group.”

“Wait,” said ‘Pi on my Cake,’ “you’re offering to give to all of us a total of one billion dollars, but you don’t have the final say in the decision? No offense, but this is really strange.”

“Pi, you have no idea how strange it really is,” Carl said, remembering that evening when he was confronted by three very strange, very mysterious and potentially very dangerous- uh- what were they anyway? Since that night he had received several emails and texts from those three beings concerning this contest between their four theme parks and the four parks represented here, but even his best computer security experts couldn’t trace the origin of the messages or who- or what- had sent them. He turned away from Pi to address the rest of the theme park designers seated at the table, all of which looked both confused and troubled. “Ladies and gentlemen…” but before he could continue a young woman who looked to be somewhere between the ages of sixteen and twenty-six, appropriately called ‘TwilightZone,’ interrupted him.

“What about the other parks?” she asked.

“Wait, what other parks?” asked ‘Outbound Flight.’ “I thought it was just the four of us trying to join the Americana Entertainment Group.”

“I’ve also heard of other parks being considered,” said ‘Brer Oswald.’ “I heard that Lagoon out in Utah or someplace was working on a proposal. Are they here?” he asked, looking around the room. Nobody answered, but Carl realized that he was losing control of this meeting and needed to get it back quickly.

“There are other parks being considered,” Carl told them reluctantly. The cat was out of the bag and he needed to confront the rumors immediately. “Along with your four parks- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk,” (he looked at the contingent from Santa Cruz, NateD1226 and TwilightZone), “Hersheypark,” (Spacemnt354, PergronStudio, Outbound Flight and Fire Mountain), “Holiday World,” (Evilgidgit along with James G. and Brer Oswald), “and Silver Dollar City,” (Pi on my Cake, DisneyDad and DisneyManOne), “there are four other parks under consideration, and they’re also having renovation proposals done for them. They are Morey’s Piers, Lagoon, Kennywood and Dollywood.”

“They’re all good parks,” DisneyManOne stated. “Why not just let them into the association. Why not let all of us in?” DisneyDad, sitting next to him, gave him a good hard elbow to the side in a not-too-subtle warning. Carl just laughed a bit.

“That’s a good question. I wish I could give you the answer, but right now I can’t. Let’s just say that I have two-hundred-and-fifty million reasons for each of your parks to not ask too many more questions. I just want to assure you that the money is clean money, that I’ve got it to spend, and that once we get the Americana Entertainment Group established and organized, the movie guys at Universal and the Black Rat of Burbank Bob Iger will finally understand what real competition is. Your four parks are good parks, very good parks bordering on outstanding. So are the other four parks I mentioned. If you’ve done as good a job as I suspect you can with the money I’m offering, and if the judges that will make the final decision are as smart and as discerning as I think they are, they’re going to see that not only did your four organizations create the best, most imaginative plans for making your four small regional parks into multiday destination parks, they’re also going to award us the other four parks and the one billion dollars of investments that our competitors have put up. That means that my one billion dollars becomes two billion dollars, and that overnight the Americana Entertainment Group becomes the dominant theme park organization in the world. Here, let me show you something.” He turned to Alex Chambers, one of the Americana Senior Managers, and said, “Alex, let’s show them the promotional video we had made. Will someone turn down the lights, please?” Carl took his seat.

The lights in the room dimmed as Alex turned to his laptop. Everyone looked towards the large screen at the far end of the room.

(Here insert the video for the Americana Entertainment Group that @OutboundFlight is creating. This video needs to be dramatic, inspiring, impressive yet showcasing the excitement and family fun that the four parks in the Americana Entertainment Group promise)

The lights came back up and the twelve visiting designers from the four parks sat quietly, obviously impressed at what they had just seen. Carl stood back up.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we’re here for. Today could be the most important day in the history of the American theme park industry since Walt Disney opened Disneyland back in 1955, and you’re all a part of this. However, we have to do this right, and that’s what I need to know before we leave today. I need to see what you’re proposing to create with my billion dollars of free cash. If you’re ready, I’d like to see your proposals. Who goes first?”
I have complete confidence in your decisions on this. Whatever edits, etc. you need to make, do so. If there is anything you need me to create for tomorrow, let me know. By the way, don't forget the postscript- I had fun dising the Villains!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom