Team Heroes - Stanza V: Patch 'Em Up

D Hulk

Original Poster
enhance

enhance

STANZA V - PATCH 'EM UP

We’re a long way from Disneyland! Welcome to the untamed wilderness of Regional Parks. Out here, even Six Flags and Cedar Fair are too corporate. Our attentions now turn to independently-operated parks and their wholly unique charms.

The villains are closing in, and our heroes must combine their strengths. To survive, you must become Team Heroes.

Your task: Using $250 million per park, Team Heroes must make 4 regional parks into vacation-worthy destinations.

Exactly what makes a “vacation-worthy destination?” Something which would make you say "Forget Orlando next year! We're going to that amusement park in Utah!"

Naturally these regional parks don’t have the advantage of popular IPs or an Orlando location, so we're not expecting Wizarding World of Harry Potter or anything. Given your locations and limitations, what can you achieve?

Select 1 park from each of the 4 categories below:

PIER PARKS

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Santa Cruz, CA
Morey's Piers, Wildwood, NJ

FAMILY-RUN PARKS
Lagoon, Farmington, UT
Holiday World, Santa Claus, IN

PENNSYLVANIA PARKS
Kennywood, West Mifflin, PA
Hersheypark, Hershey, PA

HERSHEND PARKS
Silver Dollar City, Branson, MO
Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, TN

But there’s a catch! The remaining 4 parks will become the possessions of Team Villains (Ace Astro, kmbmw777 and D Hindley). Team Villains will also have $1 billion available to upgrade their 4 parks. To show our fairness, Team Heroes gets first choice. Then Team Villains will take the remaining parks, and WE WILL CRUSH YOU!

• Enjoy your cross-competitor team up! How will you mesh with your former rivals when pitted against three genuine villains? Will you combine your strengths or maintain existing relationships?
  • There is no research packet for you this week. MWAH HAH HAH! That’s right, the stakes have risen and now it’s up to you to research these wonderful parks yourselves.
  • Similarly, there is no PM. Everything is public. @S.P.E.W can see you.
  • Communication will be key!
  • One of these parks is already a part of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Universe! @TheOriginalTiki created an RMC conversion of Giant Dipper.
  • For these regional parks, expand, replace, improve, buy nearby land! Do whatever you need!
The Guest Reviewers will be judging this round! They will choose the winner, and there’s no guarantee that Team Heroes will win! And should Team Heroes lose…three of you will be going to the Cursed Courtroom!

Project Managers
Team Heroes
- @James G.
Team Villains - Pure Evil

Guest Reviewers
WowFactor, EricsBiscuit, El_Tomato, 21stamps, Magic Feather, mickeyfan5534, Fox&Hound, michmousefan, Magicart87, GlacierGlacier, jt04, Figments Friend, PaisleyMF, mimitchi33, CreateDisney, Zootopia Dude

This Project is due on Thursday, February 21st at 11:59PM EST

Time Zones

Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Barbados Party Time - 12:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM

Any specific questions feel free to ask below. Thank you and best of luck!​

Last edited:

D Hulk

Original Poster
@James G. contemplates their situation. The players are scattered to the wind across 8 parks, their heroic mascots are captured, and now HE is expected to lead everybody?

A steely resolve crawls over James' face. "Well I for one am not going down without a fight! No two-bit Southern fox 'n' bear are taking us down!
TEAM HEROES, ASSEMBLE!"

James whips out his magical Horn of Rao, an artifact from his days on the Renaissance Fair circuit. He blows his enchanted horn, and with a mystical swirling of lights one-by-one his allies start to appear...

"@Pi on my Cake, @OutboundFlight, assemble!"

D Hulk

Original Poster
With everyone finally assembled (even @spacemt354, whom James forgot to mention), @James G. steps forwards out from the shadows in a ludicrously heroic fashion. "This may be my first time hero-ing, but I am committed to defeating Maleficent. And I think I speak for all of us when I say that WE - WILL - WIN!"

The cast all roar a mighty battle cry as they rush out with their new leader to conquer the world...and various amusement parks!

PerGron

Just so everyone knows (Princes and the Hosts already do, but Warriors do not) I am on vacation for 90% of the duration of this challenge. I will come on while in line for rides and whatnot (I'll have a few hours to kill at Flight of Passage) but I can't promise a lot. I'll help as much as I can for sure though!

As for my votes, just to get the ball rolling here
  1. Santa Cruz Boardwalk
  2. Unsure
  3. Hersheypark
  4. Silver Dollar City

FireMountain

My suggestions for each category:

• Morey's Piers
  • Holiday World
  • Kennywood
  • Dollywood
Reasons:

Morey's Piers seems to have a couple of immersive experiences, maybe we can create a number of more immersive attractions as they already have some experience.

Holiday World I think has potential for some Holiday-based E-Tickets (ahem Santa Sleigh coaster ahem)

Kennywood is currently making their own land based on the Pittsburgh Steelers, so maybe we could make more rides based on Pittsburgh sports teams.

Dollywood gives you an advantage no matter what.

Outbound

I think it is important for everyone to respect and follow @James G. , or else this massive thread will fall apart.

I went to Morey's Piers as a kid every summer for four years or so. After we outgrew Wildwood we started going to Hersheypark. I know both these parks well and would be able to provide insight into each.

Morey's Piers has three piers, each with rides. There is no themeing besides a few rides, none of which connect to each other. Each pier is disconnected by a long strip, filled with tacky shops, restaurants, and arcades.

I recommend we NOT do Morey’s Piers because to make it a major vacation destination would require completely demolishing the current infrastructure.

Hersheypark, on the other hand, is more developed. It has 14 or so coasters and separated “lands”. But don’t let that fool you- the lands aren’t themed, besides the Wild West one which just uses wooden buildings, cowboy logos, and country music. Very low theme, but lots of potiential to turn into a Disney inspired location.

I DO recommend Hershey. The other six I have not been too, so I cannot say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom