Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

ThemeParkPriest

I would love to do creepy flat rides!!!
Do we want them concentrated in one area or do we want like, one “temporary” ride per zone? I think either option would be fun.
I’ll defer to Sharon&Susan who has been thinking more around placement in the park. Just to bump up an earlier post:
Ah so the 2017 Season!

Looking at the map below everything I wrote in this post still stands just replace Gunslinger's Grave with Dark Ride which is an even better fit for our carnival setting! Just need to remove any reference to it being in a modern day setting.
EDIT:
View attachment 573530

Updated task list:
Maze 1: Freak Show--PerGron & TBD
Maze 2: ?--DisneyFan & TBD
Maze 3: ?--Goofy & TBD
Scare Zone 1: Clowns? (at the Hollow/Camp Snoopy)--Nate
Scare Zone 2: ?--Nate
Show: ?--TBD & TBD
Dining & Merch: ?--DisneyFan
Creepy Flat Rides:?--Tegan & TBD

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’ll defer to Sharon&Susan who has been thinking more around placement in the park. Just to bump up an earlier post:

Updated task list:
Maze 2: ?--DisneyFan & TBD
Show: ?--TBD & TBD
Creepy Flat Rides:?--Tegan & TBD
The question about location was really kinda directed at the whole group, lol. But yes, if @Sharon&Susan has a solid idea about placement in the park I’d be totally open to their suggestions for that! @NateD1226 I know Knott’s is also super close to you, any thoughts on this subject??

Sharon&Susan

The question about location was really kinda directed at the whole group, lol. But yes, if @Sharon&Susan has a solid idea about placement in the park I’d be totally open to their suggestions for that! @NateD1226 I know Knott’s is also super close to you, any thoughts on this subject??
I'd have to think about it a bit more, but I think we should definitely have a flat ride near Ghost Rider and the 3 mazes as I feel like that area should be the heart of this event (or at least the Ghost Town creepy circus part of it).

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I'd have to think about it a bit more, but I think we should definitely have a flat ride near Ghost Rider and the 3 mazes as I feel like that area should be the heart of this event (or at least the Ghost Town creepy circus part of it).
That makes a lot of sense! I’ll be ready to get to work on these tomorrow, but in the mean time any other ideas or suggestions are welcome!!

Sharon&Susan

So with it being ghost town, are we going old west circus? Like 1800s PT Barnum but creepy? I just wanna make sure we’re all on the same page.

I can also work on the show, but I’d like a second person too to help with that one!
That sounds great to me.

Are you thinking of doing a circus type thing for the show or something else? I'd be happy to join in.

BTW, does anyone have any ideas about how we should present this so far?

PerGron

That sounds great to me.

Are you thinking of doing a circus type thing for the show or something else? I'd be happy to join in.

BTW, does anyone have any ideas about how we should present this so far?
Yeah, I’m thinking a cirque with daring acts and whatnot but also with a creepy through line. Like, have you ever read or seen the Cirque Du Freak (Vampire’s Assistant) series? It’s a creepy sideshow circus thing and very much the vibe I’m reaching for

NateD1226

@NateD1226 I know Knott’s is also super close to you, any thoughts on this subject??
So I am a little confused. When you say creepy flat rides, do you mean small flat rides that can easily be taken down after the whole event is over? If so, then I don’t think that is the best idea. Knotts is super small and the pathways aren’t that big. With both the mazes and scare zones already taking up major space, there would hardly be any room left. I would say doing an overlay of an existing attraction (which they already do with Timber Mountain Log Ride although I am not sure if it was introduced yet in 2017) would be the better pick.

Sharon&Susan

So I am a little confused. When you say creepy flat rides, do you mean small flat rides that can easily be taken down after the whole event is over? If so, then I don’t think that is the best idea. Knotts is super small and the pathways aren’t that big. With both the mazes and scare zones already taking up major space, there would hardly be any room left. I would say doing an overlay of an existing attraction (which they already do with Timber Mountain Log Ride although I am not sure if it was introduced yet in 2017) would be the better pick.
Plus the more I think about it the more sense it'd make to overlay Camp Snoopy instead as that already has a ton of carnival-y flat rides in there (especially the Ferris Wheel).
If we do a Calico Mine Ride overlay I'd love to work on it.
Yeah, I’m thinking a cirque with daring acts and whatnot but also with a creepy through line. Like, have you ever read or seen the Cirque Du Freak (Vampire’s Assistant) series? It’s a creepy sideshow circus thing and very much the vibe I’m reaching for
I've never heard of that series tbh, but I definitely really like how it sounds. Provides some levity from what's happening in the rest of the park without it being a straight up comedy show like The Hanging.
I'll come back in a bit and make it official what I want to do.

NateD1226

Plus the more I think about it the more sense it'd make to overlay Camp Snoopy instead as that already has a ton of carnival-y flat rides in there (especially the Ferris Wheel).
If we do a Calico Mine Ride overlay I'd love to work on it.
That could work, but we would have to be VERY careful on which attractions we overlay because Camp Snoopy is the least touched land during the event because kids still go there in the first half of the day. It would either have to be appropriate for kids to ride during the day, or we would just have to pick a different place to overlay. Not to mention, half of the Camp Snoopy rides have Peanuts characters on them which can take away from the immersion of the event.

ThemeParkPriest

So I’ll help with a maze. Since I haven’t worked with DisneyFan yet, I’ll pair myself up with him.

Roles update:
Maze 2: ?--DisneyFan & ThemeParkPriest
Show: Cirque du Freak--PerGron & Sharon&Susan
Ride Overlays?--Tegan & TBD

Sharon&Susan

That could work, but we would have to be VERY careful on which attractions we overlay because Camp Snoopy is the least touched land during the event because kids still go there in the first half of the day. It would either have to be appropriate for kids to ride during the day, or we would just have to pick a different place to overlay. Not to mention, half of the Camp Snoopy rides have Peanuts characters on them which can take away from the immersion of the event.
That's fair on the Peanuts theming. But I do think we could still sell a spooky carnival environment through gruesome games of "skill" that are closed and hidden behind curtains during the day, a few scare actors, and of course a fog machine.

NateD1226

That's fair on the Peanuts theming. But I do think we could still sell a spooky carnival environment through gruesome games of "skill" that are closed and hidden behind curtains during the day, a few scare actors, and of course a fog machine.
That’s true. Plus, if we really want Camp Snoopy, there is a section of the land that is somewhat open with 4 small rides that can easily be hidden or overlayed.

A497E666-7894-4D99-954D-9CCFBC62EF38.jpeg

(Forgive my quick outline lmao)

Even if we close those 4 rides for the whole event, there are still 5(?) other rides plus a show and meet and greet in Camp Snoopy that can still keep kids entertained. Plus, they have trick or treat stations every year for kids to get candy in the day.

Sharon&Susan

So I’ll help with a maze. Since I haven’t worked with DisneyFan yet, I’ll pair myself up with him.

Roles update:
I'll take Maze 3 and Ride Overlays, Priest.

ThemeParkPriest

I'll take Maze 3 and Ride Overlays, Priest.
Okay well you've taken on 3 tasks--more than anyone else. I'll stick Outbound (reminder: he is busy with his trip) with PerGron. That gives us:
  • Maze 1: Freak Show--PerGron & Outbound
  • Maze 2: ?--DisneyFan & ThemeParkPriest
  • Maze 3: ?--Goofy & Sharon&Susan
  • Scare Zone 1: Clowns? (at the Hollow/Camp Snoopy)--Nate
  • Scare Zone 2: ?--Nate
  • Show: Cirque du Freak--PerGron & Sharon&Susan
  • Dining & Merch: ?--DisneyFan
  • Ride Overlays?--Tegan & Sharon&Susan

Sharon&Susan

Okay well you've taken on 3 tasks--more than anyone else. I'll stick Outbound (reminder: he is busy with his trip) with PerGron. That gives us:
  • Maze 1: Freak Show--PerGron & Outbound
  • Maze 2: ?--DisneyFan & ThemeParkPriest
  • Maze 3: ?--Goofy & Sharon&Susan
  • Scare Zone 1: Clowns? (at the Hollow/Camp Snoopy)--Nate
  • Scare Zone 2: ?--Nate
  • Show: Cirque du Freak--PerGron & Sharon&Susan
  • Dining & Merch: ?--DisneyFan
  • Ride Overlays?--Tegan & Sharon&Susan
Sorry, I should've mentioned that I changed my mind on working on the Cirque du Freak Show I'll just be working on Maze 3 and the Ride Overlays.

DisneyFan18

Roles update:
Perfect! Do you have any early ideas for the maze? I’m still trying to think of something unique, fun and clown based. The only idea I’ve come up with yet is clown junkyard with broken clown cars, tricks gone wrong and that type of stuff

Sharon&Susan

@Sharon&Susan I’m hitting a bit of a block on coming up with ideas for the maze… do you have any? I was thinking about doing some concept art and maybe an interactive maze game depending on how much time that would take
My initial thought is a funhouse that's been remodeled heavily (in of course the deadliest/gruesomest way possible) by either the supernatural monsters or a creepy cult that lives inside the house.

I'll post a pitch tonight for what I'm thinking.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom