Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

Sharon&Susan

If we want to go the DC route, I absolutely think Six Flags is the way to go.

HOWEVER, there is one regional park that already does haunted houses that’ll get us big points with a certain judge. A fruit farm turned theme park
Knott's would be a fun choice! Plus a Victorian circus theme for Scary Farm would work great with the 19th century Ghost Town.

goofyyukyuk

If we want to go the DC route, I absolutely think Six Flags is the way to go.

HOWEVER, there is one regional park that already does haunted houses that’ll get us big points with a certain judge. A fruit farm turned theme park
That’s actually why I was asking about the properties… I was thinking that Knott’s would be a cool option as well!

ThemeParkPriest

Day 1 Summary

3 mazes
2 scare zones
1 show
1 dining
1 merch option
Division of Labor: most of the 8 of us would each be responsible for 1 of those. Dining and Merch probably combined.
IPs: the focus should be on original concepts, but an IP could be used for 1 scare house and possibly 1 scare zone or show

Park options:
Six Flags—The Killing Joke and Amusement Mile are options for DC. There’s Scooby Doo’s Ghost Clown
Adventuredome at CircusCircus
Knott’s Berry Farm
Knott's would be a fun choice! Plus a Victorian circus theme for Scary Farm would work great with the 19th century Ghost Town.

Individual Components:
3-5 food trucks along with maybe some live bands or pop up carnival style games
Another option: food stands from a carnival

An idea that came to me: space clowns

So let’s keep brainstorming for at least another half day. We will look to settle the park first, then the themes for the different scare houses/scare zones/show. And then later on we can divvy up the tasks. Sound good?

PerGron

So here’s a basic pitch for a Knotts circus attraction.

Come one, come all! The greatest circus in all the world has been traveling all across the brand new Intercontinental Railway and is settling down along the way for performances here in Ghost Town and all around!

See the terrifying freaks like the Bearded Lady or the lizard man! Witness exotic animals from the deepest jungles of the world! Laugh along with our colorful clowns! All here at the World Railway Circus!

The overarching theme of this event would obviously be that the circus has come to town for Knotts Scary Farm and is taking over! I think we lean heavily into the PT Barnum days of traveling circuses and that could give us some great stuff.

For the houses, I think a freak show one would be super cool, have the freaks get their revenge. Obviously the highlight house would be clown-themed and we could do a ton with that. The third we could decide on, I’m not married to any ideas really (except the freak show one).

The two scare zones I don’t really have ideas for. One would be have it themed to the carnival outside the circus and have carnies and cowboys alike mixed up and scaring people, but this would need some more brainstorming.

The show is clear: A Circus! Have a big top, bring in clowns, trapeze artists, fire jugglers, dogs and horses (though I ask we refrain from any exotic animals) and put on a really neat circus. Bill and Ted wasn’t scary but was a staple, so the circus can be eerie, but not straight up scary. The scary part of a circus is the daring stunts they do.

Plus, a circus lends itself to food very obviously with fried food and whatnot. Since this is spread across the park, we can change the circus theming to fit the areas instead of just old west (I’m not very familiar with Knotts beyond Justin Scarred’s videos there). But yeah, that’s my pitch

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So here’s a basic pitch for a Knotts circus attraction.

Come one, come all! The greatest circus in all the world has been traveling all across the brand new Intercontinental Railway and is settling down along the way for performances here in Ghost Town and all around!

See the terrifying freaks like the Bearded Lady or the lizard man! Witness exotic animals from the deepest jungles of the world! Laugh along with our colorful clowns! All here at the World Railway Circus!

The overarching theme of this event would obviously be that the circus has come to town for Knotts Scary Farm and is taking over! I think we lean heavily into the PT Barnum days of traveling circuses and that could give us some great stuff.

For the houses, I think a freak show one would be super cool, have the freaks get their revenge. Obviously the highlight house would be clown-themed and we could do a ton with that. The third we could decide on, I’m not married to any ideas really (except the freak show one).

The two scare zones I don’t really have ideas for. One would be have it themed to the carnival outside the circus and have carnies and cowboys alike mixed up and scaring people, but this would need some more brainstorming.

The show is clear: A Circus! Have a big top, bring in clowns, trapeze artists, fire jugglers, dogs and horses (though I ask we refrain from any exotic animals) and put on a really neat circus. Bill and Ted wasn’t scary but was a staple, so the circus can be eerie, but not straight up scary. The scary part of a circus is the daring stunts they do.

Plus, a circus lends itself to food very obviously with fried food and whatnot. Since this is spread across the park, we can change the circus theming to fit the areas instead of just old west (I’m not very familiar with Knotts beyond Justin Scarred’s videos there). But yeah, that’s my pitch
OMG I LOVE JUSTIN SCARRED!!!!! 😍😍😍

And also this is a really great idea!!

Sharon&Susan

I'd have to expand on this idea a bit more, but something with an Annie Oakley-like sharpshooter character (possibly back from the grave or gone insane) would make for a great antagonist

Also related to guns tangentially (because the Wild West yeehaw!), a maze combining the Winchester House and a Fun House would make for a great maze concept. Have the ghosts of the victims come back for revenge for whoever built the (fun)house. Maybe we could incorporate the sharpshooter character into this one.

We could also have a Scare Zone themed to some type of fortunetelling camp. We could have some cool, mystic imagery for this one. Possibly tie this into the Boardwalk area (fanservice!)
If we include animals in the show it'd be a perfect opportunity to tie it into some forgotten Knott's history with Bewitched Village show. An animal show that had a storyline of the citizens of a nearby town drinking from a cursed well and being turned into animals!
Probably was very lighthearted, but it's definitely a subject matter that can easily be turned into something freaky.
Other areas include Camp Snoopy, Fiesta Village, and the Boardwalk. Here's a map of Scary Farm from 2019 that shows where all the mazes, shows, and Scare Zones are located:
1626668512400.png

Chaos Cat

I'd have to expand on this idea a bit more, but something with an Annie Oakley-like sharpshooter character (possibly back from the grave or gone insane) would make for a great antagonist

Also related to guns tangentially (because the Wild West yeehaw!), a maze combining the Winchester House and a Fun House would make for a great maze concept. Have the ghosts of the victims come back for revenge for whoever built the (fun)house. Maybe we could incorporate the sharpshooter character into this one.

We could also have a Scare Zone themed to some type of fortunetelling camp. We could have some cool, mystic imagery for this one. Possibly tie this into the Boardwalk area (fanservice!)

If we include animals in the show it'd be a perfect opportunity to tie it into some forgotten Knott's history with Bewitched Village show. An animal show that had a storyline of the citizens of a nearby town drinking from a cursed well and being turned into animals!
Probably was very lighthearted, but it's definitely a subject matter that can easily be turned into something freaky.

Other areas include Camp Snoopy, Fiesta Village, and the Boardwalk. Here's a map of Scary Farm from 2019 that shows where all the mazes, shows, and Scare Zones are located:
View attachment 573242
"Here's a map from 2019!" *shows map with 2016 clearly written on it*

Disney Warrior

You can’t win now, feeble imagineers!
Weclome to
THE JOKER’S CARNIVAL OF TERROR!!!!
Presented by Taem Danny DeVido

Squemish gusts, welcome to teh jokeh’s karnival f terro! nter ni da towa and dany devido’s clawuns ill skare uuu. dis iz revnge 4 dat dosney worrier wimp, sooo eye stolle is wdwmagik akount nd sabtajed itt. eye ohn 6 flagz magik montan nd nots barry form su yuu kant stap mi know. dis iz da skariast maize u wil evr se! uuu gett shased bye jokar n da butman villins nd gat dizy. t mayy luuk kute, bat itss skary! Mwah hah hah! ‘ll bee bak 4 ah vengance!
(In all seriousness, though, the misspelled words were intentional and I may or may not do reviews of the actual submission. If I will, it will definitely be in the perspective of Danny DeVido, the guy that mispells almost everything. Hosts, this was a joke submission, and now I’m the main villain of this comp)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom