Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just gotta give a shout-out to @Mickeynerd17 for taking on a worthy cause with his time off!
Clowns-at-City.png

ThemeParkPriest

Thank God.

Actually, this worked out perfectly because I have a jazz camp all this week, so thanks!
Sorry I don’t understand Clown-speak. I think that’s one of clowns from the band. Give him some space for the next few days!
What amusement park is closely linked to Circuses and most importantly Clowns?
The Adventuredome at Circus Circus.
They used to have a Fright Night event there every October even had a FNAF walkthrough in (guess what year) 2016.

I know it's small so if we could fit all that we're required to do we'd have to be clever about it.

Ooo I like that! The space might be a bit difficult. However there might be options like using conference rooms or outside that could expand the space.
Well I don’t know regional parks very much, but I do know absolutely terrible amusement parks since my zoo used to have one before covid took it all out and ruined my life for the better part of a year and a half and if there’s one thing that feels like it would fit a house like this it’s the idea of a carnival or sh*tty amusement park funhouse. I’m exhausted and overworked right now so my ramblings may be incoherent and my idea may be really niche based on one specific awful fun house from a small zoo amusement park nobody’s ever heard of and is very specific to me and my memories, but if I can find pics of it I’ll post them and show how well this idea could be a clown-themed haunted house
So on a related note, how about Busch Gardens Tampa? What could be scarier than clowns?! When clowns come to a zoo!

There’s definitely precedent for Six Flags (or Cedar Point).

Also, I’m willing to volunteer to be Team Leader for the round.

PerGron

So on a related note, how about Busch Gardens Tampa? What could be scarier than clowns?! When clowns come to a zoo!
On a personal note I’d avoid a circus theme at Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, or any other parks that house animals (beyond maybe Hershey Park because that zoo is a joke anyway) just because of the connotations of animals and circuses.

That’s just me being defensive of my career though, if we think Busch Gardens or something is the best place for it, I’ll set aside my real world biases

ThemeParkPriest

On a personal note I’d avoid a circus theme at Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, or any other parks that house animals (beyond maybe Hershey Park because that zoo is a joke anyway) just because of the connotations of animals and circuses.

That’s just me being defensive of my career though, if we think Busch Gardens or something is the best place for it, I’ll set aside my real world biases
No fair points. It would have to be designed carefully, too, so that human screams don’t scare the animals. Probably best to avoid.

View attachment 573146
I’m obligated to bring up Amusement Mile. This is the version from Birds of Prey, which wasn’t released yet in 2016, but, Amusement Mile has long been established in DC.
So it’s like a carnival in Gotham City? That has some potential!

Don’t forget about the hypnotizing Ghost Clown from Scooby-Doo! He could find a home in a Six Flags park.

Attachments

• A83A0DDC-38FC-4F6F-891D-843D4C1C3E82.png
    A83A0DDC-38FC-4F6F-891D-843D4C1C3E82.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 68

PerGron

If we wanna do Ip, I say we limit it to 1 scare house and either a scare zone or a show, so like 2 IP and mostly original stuff
And going completely against this, since it’s 2016 and the whole clown thing started to advertise It, what if we did an It scare zone or scare maze. I could see a zone being the neighborhood from the movie or the house just being a scare house like Uni’s

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
-At least three mazes
-At least two scare zones
-At least one show
-At least one specialty dining and merch option for the event
So, we need eight things minimum;

3 mazes
2 scare zones
1 show
1 dining
1 merch option

And we could always do more.

Coincidentally, there are eight of us playing this round so theoretically each of us could handle one of these elements, though some of them will inherently require a bit more effort. A show is much more complex than a paragraph about mobile food vendors.

If we do elect to go with Six Flags, but also want to limit our IP use, I would say that I’m more than happy to handle a Harley/Joker/whatever show.

If someone else has another idea for the show, I can utilize those characters elsewhere. That idea for carnival from The Killing Joke is an awesome @PerGron and we could totally incorporate that into the whole thing.

I mean, we can always add more, we don’t have to only do the things required here. We should add a couple cheap rides! Like those old Pretzel dark rides or a creepy carousel or something!!

DisneyFan18

So, we need eight things minimum;

3 mazes
2 scare zones
1 show
1 dining
1 merch option

And we could always do more.

Coincidentally, there are eight of us playing this round so theoretically each of us could handle one of these elements, though some of them will inherently require a bit more effort. A show is much more complex than a paragraph about mobile food vendors.

If we do elect to go with Six Flags, but also want to limit our IP use, I would say that I’m more than happy to handle a Harley/Joker/whatever show.

If someone else has another idea for the show, I can utilize those characters elsewhere. That idea for carnival from The Killing Joke is an awesome @PerGron and we could totally incorporate that into the whole thing.

I mean, we can always add more, we don’t have to only do the things required here. We should add a couple cheap rides! Like those old Pretzel dark rides or a creepy carousel or something!!
Agreed. Maybe one person can handle dining and merch. Then two can work in the show. And the rest do one. That feels more or less balanced, I think?

Outbound

Also, I’m willing to volunteer to be Team Leader for the round.
@ThemeParkPriest
beyonce snl GIF

I’m afraid I’ll be inactive for the first half of the round (away visiting college) but I love all the ideas so far! Including Harley/Joker is a smart IP choice. I’ll be active once I get back, but for now know I’ll go with flow with wherever is brainstormed!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom