Team Danny DeVito from Dumbo Project Nine - Kooky Clown Time

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So anybody "knott" wanting to do Knott's Scary Farm? I'll take the following people as interested in doing Knott's: PerGron, Sharon&Susan, Nate, and Goofy. I'm up for it, too. So anybody against the idea, let us know in the next 5 hours or so.
I’m definitely not gonna force the issue if everyone really wants to do KBF! Let’s do it and make it the best project we can!

ThemeParkPriest

Cool!!

I’m not as familiar with Knotts as some of the folx on here but I can definitely still get down with this!
Thanks for understanding! I could have polled the team on Six Flags vs. Knotts, but Knotts was getting a lot of traction.
Come one, come all! The greatest circus in all the world has been traveling all across the brand new Intercontinental Railway and is settling down along the way for performances here in Ghost Town and all around!

See the terrifying freaks like the Bearded Lady or the lizard man! Witness exotic animals from the deepest jungles of the world! Laugh along with our colorful clowns! All here at the World Railway Circus!

The overarching theme of this event would obviously be that the circus has come to town for Knotts Scary Farm and is taking over! I think we lean heavily into the PT Barnum days of traveling circuses and that could give us some great stuff.

For the houses, I think a freak show one would be super cool, have the freaks get their revenge. Obviously the highlight house would be clown-themed and we could do a ton with that. The third we could decide on, I’m not married to any ideas really (except the freak show one).

The two scare zones I don’t really have ideas for. One would be have it themed to the carnival outside the circus and have carnies and cowboys alike mixed up and scaring people, but this would need some more brainstorming.

The show is clear: A Circus! Have a big top, bring in clowns, trapeze artists, fire jugglers, dogs and horses (though I ask we refrain from any exotic animals) and put on a really neat circus. Bill and Ted wasn’t scary but was a staple, so the circus can be eerie, but not straight up scary. The scary part of a circus is the daring stunts they do.

Plus, a circus lends itself to food very obviously with fried food and whatnot. Since this is spread across the park, we can change the circus theming to fit the areas instead of just old west (I’m not very familiar with Knotts beyond Justin Scarred’s videos there). But yeah, that’s my pitch
Some great ideas to consider! A freak show maze has a lot of potential! We could do a lot with Carnie and Cowboys.

The tricky thing about a circus show at a Halloween Haunts is that it should probably be more than just the regular daring acts of a circus.
I'd have to expand on this idea a bit more, but something with an Annie Oakley-like sharpshooter character (possibly back from the grave or gone insane) would make for a great antagonist

Also related to guns tangentially (because the Wild West yeehaw!), a maze combining the Winchester House and a Fun House would make for a great maze concept. Have the ghosts of the victims come back for revenge for whoever built the (fun)house. Maybe we could incorporate the sharpshooter character into this one.

We could also have a Scare Zone themed to some type of fortunetelling camp. We could have some cool, mystic imagery for this one. Possibly tie this into the Boardwalk area (fanservice!)
Ok so Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Sounds like a fitting setting for a California theme park! With a sharpshooter character, it sounds pretty scary! And not sure I would have thought of fortunetellers, so that’s novel!

So looking at the Knotts Scarry Farm, it looks like they had like 9 mazes within 4 scare zones of the park? I suppose for someone who gets a Scare Zone, they could go into a lot of details about how the whole area would be laid out.

What other ideas do you all have?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Thanks for understanding! I could have polled the team on Six Flags vs. Knotts, but Knotts was getting a lot of traction.

Some great ideas to consider! A freak show maze has a lot of potential! We could do a lot with Carnie and Cowboys.

The tricky thing about a circus show at a Halloween Haunts is that it should probably be more than just the regular daring acts of a circus.

Ok so Winchester Mystery House in San Jose. Sounds like a fitting setting for a California theme park! With a sharpshooter character, it sounds pretty scary! And not sure I would have thought of fortunetellers, so that’s novel!

So looking at the Knotts Scarry Farm, it looks like they had like 9 mazes within 4 scare zones of the park? I suppose for someone who gets a Scare Zone, they could go into a lot of details about how the whole area would be laid out.

I’d still love to add a little section with small flat rides and games, but make them all creepy and appropriately themed.

Sharon&Susan

For new mazes, I say we have them all in Ghost Town for the sake of the storyline (perhaps two new near Ghost Rider and one near Big Foot Rapids Trail). Maybe if possible have Gunslinger's Grave be moved into Ghost Town too and the space that Maze was in gets Paranormal Inc. or Black Ops Infected. Every other maze remains in the same spot as it was in 2016.

Just FYI Theme Park Priest, a scare zone is a space where the costumed scare actors roam around outside rather than it encompassing/replacing an entire area/land during the event.

@Tegan pilots a chicken mentioned having some carnival games here, it'd be smart to place it on the main Ghost Town thoroughfare since at the time they recently at the time had added a shooting gallery there (already a game associated with such places).

Chaos Cat

Oh, the pains of watching a brainstorming thread and not being able to contribute despite having ideas. 🙃

At the very least, I think that a Program Guide or something along those lines for Knott's Scary Farms might be in order, since some of the people here are a bit unfamiliar with the event. (I might do this myself, but I'm going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow, so I might not have time to.) However, before that can be written, I feel like there's something @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild need to clarify.

Namely, what year is this prompt set? Like, is it meant to be in the 2016-17 year range when the evil clown sighting were relevant or is it just a nebulas "current year?" The prompt could be interpreted either way and either option could influence the project, since they give the team different lineups of houses and scare zones to play with/replace.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Oh, the pains of watching a brainstorming thread and not being able to contribute despite having ideas. 🙃

At the very least, I think that a Program Guide or something along those lines for Knott's Scary Farms might be in order, since some of the people here are a bit unfamiliar with the event. (I might do this myself, but I'm going to Hollywood Studios tomorrow, so I might not have time to.) However, before that can be written, I feel like there's something @TheOriginalTiki and @JokersWild need to clarify.

Namely, what year is this prompt set? Like, is it meant to be in the 2016-17 year range when the evil clown sighting were relevant or is it just a nebulas "current year?" The prompt could be interpreted either way and either option could influence the project, since they give the team different lineups of houses and scare zones to play with/replace.
Sorry if it wasn't made clear but the idea is that this would be designed for the 2017 season and is indeed directly capitalizing off of the creepy clown epidemic.

Sharon&Susan

Ah so the 2017 Season!
For new mazes, I say we have them all in Ghost Town for the sake of the storyline (perhaps two new near Ghost Rider and one near Big Foot Rapids Trail). Maybe if possible have Gunslinger's Grave Dark Ride be moved into Ghost Town too and the space that Maze was in gets Paranormal Inc. or Black Ops Infected. Every other maze remains in the same spot as it was in 2016.

Just FYI Theme Park Priest, a scare zone is a space where the costumed scare actors roam around outside rather than it encompassing/replacing an entire area/land during the event.

@Tegan pilots a chicken mentioned having some carnival games here, it'd be smart to place it on the main Ghost Town thoroughfare since at the time they recently at the time had added a shooting gallery there (already a game associated with such places).
Looking at the map below everything I wrote in this post still stands just replace Gunslinger's Grave with Dark Ride which is an even better fit for our carnival setting! Just need to remove any reference to it being in a modern day setting.
EDIT:
1626788118650.png

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

Okay that's what I thought. I've experienced it at Six Flags before. It seems like that would require less work than a Maze or a Show. I think we will try to have 2 people working on each Maze/Show, whereas the Scare Zones can be completed by one person. So with that, here's what the roles list is looking like (with all 8 of us taking 1 or 2 roles):

Maze 1: Freak Show--PerGron & TBD
Maze 2: ?--TBD & TBD
Maze 3: ?--TBD & TBD
Scare Zone 1: ?--TBD
Scare Zone 2: ?--TBD
Show: ?--TBD & TBD
Dining & Merch: ?--TBD
Creepy Flat Rides: ?--TBD & TBD

@Tegan pilots a chicken do you want to be one of the people working on the creepy flat rides?

As you can see, we still have a bit of the brainstorming to do to figure out what exactly our offerings are going to be.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Okay that's what I thought. I've experienced it at Six Flags before. It seems like that would require less work than a Maze or a Show. I think we will try to have 2 people working on each Maze/Show, whereas the Scare Zones can be completed by one person. So with that, here's what the roles list is looking like (with all 8 of us taking 1 or 2 roles):

Maze 1: Freak Show--PerGron & TBD
Maze 2: ?--TBD & TBD
Maze 3: ?--TBD & TBD
Scare Zone 1: ?--TBD
Scare Zone 2: ?--TBD
Show: ?--TBD & TBD
Dining & Merch: ?--TBD
Creepy Flat Rides: ?--TBD & TBD

@Tegan pilots a chicken do you want to be one of the people working on the creepy flat rides?

As you can see, we still have a bit of the brainstorming to do to figure out what exactly our offerings are going to be.
I would love to do creepy flat rides!!!
Do we want them concentrated in one area or do we want like, one “temporary” ride per zone? I think either option would be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom