Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Four: Kungalooshing the Night Away

Sharon&Susan

I’m wondering how we should pull of the presentation? The judges didn’t think using Google Slides was a good idea so are we thinking a post, doc, or something completely new?
What if we have a letter from the professor himself that functions as a hub to a Google Doc that goes more into detail?

Ex. I've also invited a few of my kooky friends over and some celebrities too would link to a Google Doc with a description of all the characters.

JokersWild

Maybe the actual submission post could be a series of letters/ news clippings that link to the google docs? Like we design them and say that they were found around Main Street.

JokersWild

Cresswood Hall layout draft:

EF8E822D-2117-4A01-A8D6-6E79A114A462.jpeg

Sorry that it’s sideways. I’m on my phone at work....

Map features two dining rooms (the Jurassic Gallery, and the Feasting Hall) as well as a bar (the library/ billiards room.). The rest of the rooms are lounges, and the gardens double as a stage. Most of the plot exposition should take place in The Rotunda, which is where the time travel device stands. I’m also thinking, if we’re going with a timed experience, that each reservation should last three hours rather than the two I had initially proposed.

Sorry if that sounds pushy. Please let me know if you guys would like anything changed.

NigelChanning

My main ideas right now are a pet dodo that Perdox carries around (watch out it snaps!) and the Head chef Louie who's just a head with no body (Blame the French Revolution).
I just hope a headless person doesn’t frighten any children. Maybe we can have something similar to Universal’s Raptor Encounter for the Jurassic room? Can we include a Renaissance person who criticizes the way Leonardo Da Vinci painted him (“He got my nose all wrong”)

Sharon&Susan

I just hope a headless person doesn’t frighten any children. Maybe we can have something similar to Universal’s Raptor Encounter for the Jurassic room? Can we include a Renaissance person who criticizes the way Leonardo Da Vinci painted him (“He got my nose all wrong”)
Never heard any complaints about Trader Sam's shrunken heads or Shruken Ned.

JokersWild

I’m planning on animatronics for the Jurassic room ;). Not many, but still.

I would think that a headless person would be fine, as long as it’s not gruesome. Maybe Perdox was able to keep his head alive using future technology, so he’s attached to a saucer-like Machine.

Brer Panther

I would say that it would depend on how wacky we want to get. A mummy could be fun, as could a robot from the future. Maybe Perdox has a robot butler or something?
My main ideas right now are a pet dodo that Perdox carries around (watch out it snaps!) and the Head chef Louie who's just a head with no body (Blame the French Revolution).
I like all of these ideas! I'd love to design one of these characters.

JokersWild

Yeah, only way we could really show it is to have it be a fake surveillance camera footage. But that might make it too scripted, when in theory you want the actors to have as much anatomy as possible.
Absolutely agree. If there was a space for a kitchen set it could work, but I don’t think that there is space for a visible kitchen that would fit in with the rest of the sets.

JokersWild

Work is coming along on the rooms, but I just wanted to give everyone an outline for the purposes of concept art/ character inspiration:

.The Foyer - Entry room. This is where guests check in for their reservation. Due to timeshifts, it is in a state of being both built for the first time and refurbished with far future technology.
.The Rotunda - Main lounge. Centerpiece is Perdox's time device, which is a massive contraption that towers up to the rotunda's second floor. Directly in front of the device is a large platform that acts as a secondary/ introductory stage. Large tubes and wires Least affected by the timeshifts due to its' proximity to the actual device. Smaller portions of the room are affected by the timeshifts, but its' main intent is to gather parties and introduce the characters at the beginning of the experience.
.The Jurassic Gallery - First dining room. Centerpiece is a large t-rex fossil that has partially reanimated. Primarily a fossil collection. Part of the dining room has shifted into a dense jungle. Small dinosaurs watch guests from the trees. There is a small pool in the very back featuring a few herbivores.
.The Feasting Hall - Second dining room. A Viking Longhouse has shifted into the manor. Family style seating with four tables that stretch down the length of the room. A throne sits at the far end of the longhouse. A viking thane sits, lording over the dining guests (I can cut this if you don't want this character.)
.The Garden - Back gardens of the manor shifted into an Ancient Greek Amphitheater. Rolling hills and marble stairways/ landings lead down to the amphitheater stage, which acts as the restaurant's main stage. Balcony on second floor overlooks garden. Indoor night effect similar to PoTC.
.The Library - A fairly normal Victorian-styled library with a bar. Back of the library has shifted into the Library of Alexandria.
.The Billiards Room (Saloon) - Small billiards room featuring two ornate pool tables. Walls adorned with photos of Perdox, his father, and his father's fort. Part of the billiards room has shifted into the bar of an old west saloon, kept by a surly bartender. A saloon pianist also plays in here. Primarily serves whiskies. Whoever is doing entertainment, I think that it would be really funny (albeit unrealistic) if at some point during the service a pair of cowboys burst in through a set of saloon doors and start brawling. I think that it would be a cool way to sell the timeshifts.
.The Billiards Room (speakeasy) - During dinner service, while guests are in the dining rooms, the billiards room shifts into a speakeasy (this is done with two rooms that are directly next to each other. A bookshelf covers one entrance during the first half of the service and is moved to cover the other during the second half.). 1920s speakeasy. Guests have to knock on a very out of place door to be allowed to enter. Identical in layout to the saloon billiards room, but with older-looking pool tables. Serves classic mixed drinks.
.The Armory - A room full of weapons and armaments from all over history. I don't know what to do with this room. It's meant to just be a smaller lounge.
.The Trophy Room - Same deal as the armory. I'd like to have extinct animals and weird future animals/ aliens mounted. I've thought about having trophy heads reanimate, but that may be too dark. Second smaller lounge.
.The Workshop - Smallish room that is full of Perdox's other inventions. Not too much to it, I just thought it would be a cool side room to have gags. If any room is to be cut, this is probably the one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom