Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Four: Kungalooshing the Night Away

Sharon&Susan

I feel like it's different enough from our last entry, and definitely offers plenty of possibilities.

Maybe a spaceport could also offer a neat theme for this. Certainly offers some opportunities for puppets like was mentioned in the hub thread.
Don't know here you'd place it in WDW, but it could be a replacement for Redd Rocketts and the outdoor sitting area that was once the old Space Place restaurant.

Maybe we could have a mission control center with around 10+ animatronics similar to Flight to the Moon or Mission to Mars.

JokersWild

A few very basic themes that I'd like to explore:

.A 1930s safari-themed restaurant to be placed over AK's Rainforest Cafe. Might be too close to Adventurer's Club

.A restaurants themed to the golden age of aviation. 1910s, kinda steampunky. Could make for some really beautiful sets and locales. Owned by a Howard Hughes-type character

.Dieselpunk. Don't know what to do with this. I just like the aesthetic.

.Something horror themed. Similar to the Jekyll and Hyde club that used to be open in NYC.

.Something frontier themed?

JokersWild

I think that we should take this as an opportunity to do something entirely original. I think that a good place to start would be to try to think of both a theme and a character outline. That'll get us going in the right direction and we can flesh out from there.

Sharon&Susan

Ok, here's a few proposals (past my pre-existing Hollywood night club idea)
-Time travel themed restaurant in Tomorrowland at Disneyland, somehow link it to the Primeval World Diorama.
-Grizzly Peak ranger's lounge, don't know where to place it.
-International embassy near a version of IASW (wide range of cruisine)
-Witch doctor/swamp themed restaurant, again don't know where we'd place it
-Gangster/speakeasy restaurant to replace ABC commissary at Hollywood Studios.

NigelChanning

-Roadside attraction themed restaurant for Grizzly Peak at DCA. I think that has the potential for a great backstory!
-The Lounge at the Hollywood Tower Hotel (ToT). Now open for visitation!

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

1930s safari-themed restaurant to be placed over AK's Rainforest Cafe. Might be too close to Adventurer's Club
I know this is my bias as a Disneyland fan showing, but I know another place we could put it:
1592108648968.png

I would try to stay away from the explorers of the world, who only exist to explore, premise for the same reason you mentioned above.
Something horror themed. Similar to the Jekyll and Hyde club that used to be open in NYC.
I like this idea, but I don't know where we could place it in a Disney park or shopping area where it would really feel appropriate.

JokersWild

I know this is my bias as a Disneyland fan showing, but I know another place we could put it:
View attachment 476407
I would try to stay away from the explorers of the world, who only exist to explore, premise for the same reason you mentioned above.

I like this idea, but I don't know where we could place it in a Disney park or shopping area where it would really feel appropriate.
Honestly, DTD might be a better place for that theme. I was honestly worried about the hypocrisy of a safari/ hunting themed restaurant just outside of the park with the conservationist message.

In terms of horror. I'm sure we could figure out placement as we work on it. I probably wouldn't put it in a park, though.

I'm going to try to come up with a few character proposals tonight to accompany my concepts/ pitches. Expect those at some point.

JokersWild

Ok, here's a few proposals (past my pre-existing Hollywood night club idea)
-Time travel themed restaurant in Tomorrowland at Disneyland, somehow link it to the Primeval World Diorama.
-Grizzly Peak ranger's lounge, don't know where to place it.
-International embassy near a version of IASW (wide range of cruisine)
-Witch doctor/swamp themed restaurant, again don't know where we'd place it
-Gangster/speakeasy restaurant to replace ABC commissary at Hollywood Studios.
I really like the time travel idea. I think that is the strongest of your proposals and we could do a ton of fun stuff with it.

-Roadside attraction themed restaurant for Grizzly Peak at DCA. I think that has the potential for a great backstory!
-The Lounge at the Hollywood Tower Hotel (ToT). Now open for visitation!
Roadside attraction could be fun. I don't think that we can do the lounge since rides are being counted as IPs

Sharon&Susan

Here's a short extended proposal for the time travel idea, I'll expand on it a bit more tomorrow:

Professor Thaddeus K. Perdox born 1840 was always one the smartest guy in the room even as a toddler. His father, Colonel James Perdox, established Fort Single Dogwood in 1846 and Thaddeus became a tinkerer's apprentice at 12 there.
Accidentally discovering time travel at 17, he quickly became the premier inventor in the time travel field with such inventions as the time traveling car, train, toaster, and now time travelling rooms.
While his restaurant is headquartered in the future, each room will be located in a different time period such as a prehistoric room, a victorian styled room, and an apocalyptic styled room. Famous historical figures wander throughout the rooms and props disappear and appear throughout the restaurant.
Professor Perdox does seminars in his lounge. He discusses his inventions, interviews historical figures and his staff, and occasionally has a musical revue.

JokersWild

Really great. That's fairly close to what I was thinking for that concept as well, so I think that we're on the same page.

I have no issues continuing with this concept. Does anyone have any other ideas before we commit to something?

Sharon&Susan

Professor Thaddeus Knothing Perdox: Brilliant middle aged inventor discovering time travel at 17. Surprisingly naive considering how intelligent he is, but always good-intentioned.

Rod Richmond: Brilliant inventor who also invented the time machine in 1895. Often accuses the good Professor of stealing the idea of time travel in inopportune times.

Officer Rihms Vincent Uture: Tomorrowland police officer who is skeptical about time travel’s existence despite whatever proof Perdox gives him. Tries to get the restaurant shut down.

John Gress: A happy investor of Perdox Enterprises from the 20th century, is amazed by the smallest things.

Nurse Laureen What: An alleged nurse of mysterious origins and proud employee of Perdox, always wants to tell him something in private that he rebuffs: unknown if it’s about his morning tea or a problem with the space time continuum.

Stevens Romani: Humble servant of Professor Perdox. Happy to partake in any of the Professor’s experiments.

Mark MacMurphy: At 24, he went on 3 adventures with “Prof”. Now in his 70’s, he is angry that “Prof” left him behind (and is younger than him). He pretends to be a friend to Prof, but is teamed up with Richmond to end his time travel career.

Last edited:

NigelChanning

Some character ideas for the non-historical figures:
Professor Thaddeus Knothing Perdox: Brilliant inventor discovering time travel at 17. Surprisingly naive considering how intelligent he is, but always good-intentioned.

Rod Richmond: Brilliant inventor who also invented the time machine in 1895. Often accuses the good Professor of stealing the idea of time travel in inopportune times.

Officer Burton Vincent Uture: Tomorrowland police officer who is skeptical about time travel’s existence despite whatever proof Perdox gives him. Tries to get the restaurant shut down.

John Gress: A happy investor of Perdox Enterprises from the 20th century, is amazed by the smallest innovations.

Nurse Laureen What: An alleged nurse of mysterious origins and proud employee of Perdox, always wants to tell him something in private that he rebuffs: unknown if it’s about his morning tea or a problem with the space time continuum.

Stevens Romani: Humble servant of Professor Perdox. Happy to partake in any of the Professor’s experiments.
Can we bring back Push the talking trash can!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom