Team Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Four: Kungalooshing the Night Away

Sharon&Susan

Are there any objections to putting our project where the carousel theater is at Disneyland?
TheaterCar.jpg

JokersWild

I have some stuff coming. Long story short, due to excessive meddling with the space-time continuum, Perdox’s home exists entirely out of time, and frequently shifts into other time periods. Part of one of the rooms shifts into an old west saloon, the Jurassic Gallery partially shifts into a dense jungle with dinosaurs (I’d also really like an effect where a t-Rex fossil has partially shifted into a live t-Rex in the center of the dining room.). Stuff like that is what I want to go for with this restaurants.

I was also thinking of having each dining service be a two hour story-driven experience, giving guests ample time to dine and fully explore the restaurant.

JokersWild

Cresswood Hall - home to Professor Thaddeus K. Perdox, eccentric inventor and discoverer of Time Travel. In a freak accident, Perdox's time travel device malfunctioned, fusing itself to the brick of his ancestral home, and jettisoning both he and his home out of the spacetime continuum. Though he eventually regained control of his device, his house would never be the same. His billiards room turned into a speakeasy one day, and a Western saloon the next (Perdox was almost shot on both occasions.) One day, while venturing out to tend to his flowers, he found that his back garden had been replaced by a Grecian amphitheater when he wandered onto the stage of a sold out performance of "Oedipus Rex." Eventually, he began to find people in his house. A very startled Native American woman emerged from his closet one day, unable to explain how she had ended up there, while a small child was found in his foyer one morning inexplicably using a strange device called a "television."

Eventually, Perdox decided to showcase these strange discoveries and opened his home to the public for dinner parties and lectures. Invitations to Cresswood Hall were highly coveted and were the talk of the town around the turn of the century. However, the parties suddenly stopped when a group of party guests arrived at Cresswood Hall only to discover a large crater. Puzzled, the name of Professor Thaddeus K. Perdox became that of legend until his house appeared once more in 1956 in Akron, Ohio. Then again in Azerbaijan in 1972. Scholars eventually found that sightings of Cresswood Hall dating back to 68 BCE, with matching descriptions being uncovered all over the world since the dawn of recorded history.

Now, Cresswood Hall has appeared at Disneyland. Professor Perdox has once again opened his doors to dinner parties, and he's promised that he's gotten his house under control.

Sharon&Susan

How many rooms are we thinking for this restaurant. Should each person tackle an individual room or set of rooms?
I think the best approach would be for one person to handle all the dining experience (dining rooms+bar), one person to handle the entertainment (characters, events, seminars/shows), one person to handle the walkthrough, and keep the same 2 positions we've had for the last 2 rounds (art and presentation).

Sharon&Susan

I'm planning on making it a 400th anniversary celebration of time travel (1857-2257), coincidentally having had his house landing in Tomorrowland a week earlier. It'll be half convention and half celebration!

JokersWild

I'm planning on making it a 400th anniversary celebration of time travel (1857-2257), coincidentally having had his house landing in Tomorrowland a week earlier. It'll be half convention and half celebration!
That is literally what I was thinking for the setup. Glad to see that we're on the same page haha.

One thing that I think is very important for this round is for us to keep each other updated on our work so we know what we're all writing. A project this large needs consistency all around, and we all have to stay on the same page to make sure that everything fits together properly. I know that we can knock this out of the park, we just have to make sure that everything is consistent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom