Team Cap: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

Daveeeeed

ELEVATE.png

Taking place in the top right of Cartoon & Cereal is a mini-land dedicated to the charm and the wonder of The Peanuts Comics! Take in the beautiful architecture that does the comics justice as well as the streetmosphere. Since it's only a bridge away from Toontown this is an easy access suburb. To discover what this mini-land has going for it take a look into these "spoilers" they'll show everything in clarity!
Yesterday, yes yesterday the gang setup a diner, and it's been a disaster ever since!
During the line in similar fashion to Test Track you will be able to design you own character: http://www.peanutizeme.com/

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
If Epic Mickey conversion to Haunted Mansion is unattainable (reading it through again, only one scene is HM based -- so probably not) then keep the attraction the way it is (no use scrapping a fully realized write-up)...and have the required HM/ToT ride....be themed to ToT instead.
I mean -- here's a simple solution.

Cocoa Puffs Tower -- that was easy. :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Cartoons & Cereal Check-List

- Introduction Powerpoint - complete
- Land Overview description - not assigned
- Map - in-progress
- Epic Mickey - complete
- Car Kids - complete
- The Last Breakfast - complete
- Looney Tunes mini-land - complete

- The Regular Show - in-progress
- Peanuts mini-land - in-progress

- Who Dined Roger Rabbit - complete
- Channel Chasers Peoplemover - complete
- Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. - complete

- Forgotten Mansion - in flux
- Cocoa Puff Tower - in flux

- Conclusion - not assigned

I might not be able to check this until tomorrow - so in regards to Forgotten Mansion/Epic Mickey...I'm going to leave it up to @kmbmw777

It's a similar concept to Epic Mickey...so if it isn't written up yet, then you'd need to change the narrative of it to make the two rides different. The other option is scrapping Forgotten Mansion, and going with the Tower of Terror attraction...which the only idea I have for that is based on the Cocoa Puffs commercial riding the elevator.

There are two things not assigned -- the land overview description kinda goes with the map image, so David might be good with that (it only requires a few sentences describing where everything is and how we laid out the land)

And the conclusion is simply a summary of how this project fits back to the prompt itself...what we did to fulfill the prompt's requirements and our best pitch for how our land successfully accomplishes its goal.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

If Epic Mickey conversion to Haunted Mansion is unattainable (reading it through again, only one scene is HM based -- so probably not) then keep the attraction the way it is (no use scrapping a fully realized write-up)...and have the required HM/ToT ride....be themed to ToT instead.
I mean -- here's a simple solution.

Cocoa Puffs Tower -- that was easy. :p

Yeah to be honest I think this is the best bet. I love the forgotten mansion concept, but I'm going to be honest, I worked really hard on epic Mickey.

CraniumCommand89

Cartoons & Cereal Check-List

- Introduction Powerpoint - complete
- Land Overview description - not assigned
- Map - in-progress
- Epic Mickey - complete
- Car Kids - complete
- The Last Breakfast - complete
- Looney Tunes mini-land - complete

- The Regular Show - in-progress
- Peanuts mini-land - in-progress

- Who Dined Roger Rabbit - complete
- Channel Chasers Peoplemover - complete
- Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. - complete

- Forgotten Mansion - in flux
- Cocoa Puff Tower - in flux

- Conclusion - not assigned

I might not be able to check this until tomorrow - so in regards to Forgotten Mansion/Epic Mickey...I'm going to leave it up to @kmbmw777

It's a similar concept to Epic Mickey...so if it isn't written up yet, then you'd need to change the narrative of it to make the two rides different. The other option is scrapping Forgotten Mansion, and going with the Tower of Terror attraction...which the only idea I have for that is based on the Cocoa Puffs commercial riding the elevator.

There are two things not assigned -- the land overview description kinda goes with the map image, so David might be good with that (it only requires a few sentences describing where everything is and how we laid out the land)

And the conclusion is simply a summary of how this project fits back to the prompt itself...what we did to fulfill the prompt's requirements and our best pitch for how our land successfully accomplishes its goal.
This looks good but I don't like the Coldplay ride. I think we should get rid of that and change the layout of the land. Can you change the map to make it more of a city?

spacemt354

Chili's
I would like to come back on the team. And I will be the leader again.
Welcome back then. You can be the team leader if you want -- but there isn't much to do at this point.
This looks good but I don't like the Coldplay ride. I think we should get rid of that and change the layout of the land. Can you change the map to make it more of a city?
I would advise against changing too many things this late in the game. The only thing that is in flux right now is the Forgotten Mansion -- mostly because we're waiting for kmb's opinion.

Everything else is pretty much done.

CraniumCommand89

Welcome back then. You can be the team leader if you want -- but there isn't much to do at this point.

I would advise against changing too many things this late in the game. The only thing that is in flux right now is the Forgotten Mansion -- mostly because we're waiting for kmb's opinion.

Everything else is pretty much done.
Yea, but it doesn't fit and is alienating for non-Coldplay fans like me. It has nothing to do with cartoons. And there are some things that need to be changed, I will take care of it.

Brer Oswald

Yea, but it doesn't fit and is alienating for non-Coldplay fans like me. It has nothing to do with cartoons. And there are some things that need to be changed, I will take care of it.
I welcome your return, but you can't just come now and say that you want to change so much of the product. That's completely unfair to all of us who have spent so much time on this already.

Brer Oswald

Some things are good, but other things don't fit. I think we should have more emphasis on modern cartoons.
Then you should have been here a week ago. I don't want to cause drama, heck, I really want to work with you, but not like this. Your idea might be amazing, but it is just unfair to those of us who have already put in time for this when we could have been doing something else.

CraniumCommand89

Then you should have been here a week ago. I don't want to cause drama, heck, I really want to work with you, but not like this. Your idea might be amazing, but it is just unfair to those of us who have already put in time for this when we could have been doing something else.
Not much is being changed, just a ride or two and the layout.

CraniumCommand89

Here's the new plan:

Epic Mickey and Peanuts can stay. The Roger Rabbit restaurant is good, and so is the Channel Chasers. Everything else can be edited or replaced. I liked the cereal ride, but it's just silly and unrealistic. And Coldplay is too alienating. Keep going with IPs that fit along with Epic Mickey and Peanuts, that are timeless. Space Jam isn't timeless, but Looney Tunes is, so have a Looney Tunes roller coaster. Scooby-Doo or Courage the Cowardly Dog Haunted Mansion. Bob's Burgers restaurant, Simpsons place, and more Adult Swim stuff.

We redo the map to have better transitions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom