Team Cap: Season 14, Project One brainstorming thread

kmbmw777

ALL OF OUR IDEAS (NOTHING IS FINALIZED)

Sublands

Toontown Slums (It could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as it always being night)
Toontown Heights (Idea for a name?)
ToonTown Pier/Boardwalk (WS Style)
Hollywood ToonTown
Peanuts Subland

Rides
-Scooby Doo E-Ticket
-Forgotten Mansion Dark Ride @kmbmw777
-DuckTales Boat Ride Transportation (or other IP)
-the Park from Regular Show @kmbmw777
-Cereal Cartoon @MonorailRed
-Epic Mickeye E-Ticket @Brer Oswald
-Space Jam Gym @spacemt354
-Race through ToonTown
-Peanuts C-Ticket @David2319

-Rick and Morty dimension hopping attraction through the worlds of various toons

Meet and Greets
Weezels
Roger Rabbit
Mickey and Friends

Restaurants
Bobs Burgers
Krusty Krab
Simpsons place
Peanuts @David2319

Shops
Mystery Shack
Animator's Palette Shop (Interactive)
Peanuts @David2319

IPs

DuckTales
Regular Show
Cereal
Adventure Time
Mickey Mouse
Roger Rabbit
Spongebob
Danny Phantom
Gravity Falls
Rick and Morty
Bob's Burgers
Simpsons
The Fairly Oddparents
Superhero
Scooby Doo
Space Jam
Looney Toons
Flinstones
Jetsons
Tom and Jerry
Felix the Cat
Betty Boo
Popeye
Garfield
Peanuts

This is our current list.
Any other ideas for attractions of restaurants.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Hey, folks.

Clearly, you are now short a teammate and Project Leader. We are currently looking for someone to fill the position of twenty-first contestant in Round Two. We will keep you all posted. :)

In the meantime, please elect a new Project Leader so the rest of the project runs smoothly. Thank you so much for your cooperation and patience, folks. Enjoy the rest of Season 14!

spacemt354

Chili's
ALL OF OUR IDEAS (NOTHING IS FINALIZED)

Sublands

Toontown Slums (It could potentially be indoors, so climate would never be a problem as well as it always being night)
Toontown Heights (Idea for a name?)
ToonTown Pier/Boardwalk (WS Style)
Hollywood ToonTown
Peanuts Subland

Rides
-Scooby Doo E-Ticket
-Forgotten Mansion Dark Ride @kmbmw777
-DuckTales Boat Ride Transportation (or other IP)
-the Park from Regular Show @kmbmw777
-Cereal Cartoon @MonorailRed
-Epic Mickeye E-Ticket @Brer Oswald
-Space Jam Gym @spacemt354
-Race through ToonTown
-Peanuts C-Ticket @David2319

-Rick and Morty dimension hopping attraction through the worlds of various toons

Meet and Greets
Weezels
Roger Rabbit
Mickey and Friends

Restaurants
Bobs Burgers
Krusty Krab
Simpsons place
Peanuts @David2319

Shops
Mystery Shack
Animator's Palette Shop (Interactive)
Peanuts @David2319

IPs

DuckTales
Regular Show
Cereal
Adventure Time
Mickey Mouse
Roger Rabbit
Spongebob
Danny Phantom
Gravity Falls
Rick and Morty
Bob's Burgers
Simpsons
The Fairly Oddparents
Superhero
Scooby Doo
Space Jam
Looney Toons
Flinstones
Jetsons
Tom and Jerry
Felix the Cat
Betty Boo
Popeye
Garfield
Peanuts

This is our current list.
Any other ideas for attractions of restaurants.
So the only thing for right now is to scrap the Scooby-Doo ride. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it will only be us 5 (you, david, brer, red, and myself) so since we are all assigned to "something" right now...let's just try and get content out of the way.

I'll have Space Jam up tomorrow
Kevin has Regular Show and Forgotten Mansion
Brer has Epic Mickey
David has Peanuts
Red has Cereal :p

If we could have rough drafts of these by Friday -- then that would give us the weekend to flesh the rest of the lands/sublands out with M&Gs, shops, restaurants, etc...but since those are the six main rides of the land -- let's get those out of the way first:bookworm:

kmbmw777

So the only thing for right now is to scrap the Scooby-Doo ride. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say it will only be us 5 (you, david, brer, red, and myself) so since we are all assigned to "something" right now...let's just try and get content out of the way.

I'll have Space Jam up tomorrow
Kevin has Regular Show and Forgotten Mansion
Brer has Epic Mickey
David has Peanuts
Red has Cereal :p

If we could have rough drafts of these by Friday -- then that would give us the weekend to flesh the rest of the lands/sublands out with M&Gs, shops, restaurants, etc...but since those are the six main rides of the land -- let's get those out of the way first:bookworm:
Sounds like a plan, Stan Space!

spacemt354

Chili's
Just a late night thought -- I know we had mentioned Bob's Burgers a few times, but I see both other teams are doing that, so I think we should pass just for the sake of being different. Toontown stands out from other lands because of its bright, vibrant color patterns along with the music and a wonky style that immerses you into the world of "cartoons"

For the 24 hours or so we coached Drax in Round 4 of Creator Games, I remember @David2319 and @kmbmw777 were talking about music ...I know David plays piano and Kevin plays "a mean synth":p Maybe we can use that to our advantage not only with the presentation, but the land design.

I was listening to some music and it gave me an idea for another attraction that could fit the wonky style of the land (and use this team's musical talents!)

The 5th Coldplay album is a narrative based album that was made into a comic, and then a cartoon for the music video. It has a whole story attached to it that is kinda like West Side Story meets Orwell's 1984. The story itself would fit perfectly in the "slums" area. It would really make an incredible dark ride.

Not only that...but it flows from other areas of the land...painting...
coldplay_the_car_kids.jpg

to more painting with Epic Mickey

a0fd46f6d424a4cf407fbe2b6ce332fc.jpg

And in the album there is a song (my favorite on the album) called...Charlie Brown!:D

And we are doing a whole Peanuts sub-land. It's a very loose tie, but I thought that was pretty cool.

I know most of these songs on the piano -- but I know David plays the piano too...maybe we could create a "custom soundtrack" for each area of the land? Peanuts has a ton of music attached to it as well...just to spice up the presentation a little and make it wonky fun like Toontown.

@Brer Oswald is an amazing artist and so is Red -- so if they focused on that end, and we added the music -- it'd make for an awesome final product I think (especially since we have a week to do it ):bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Rough Draft...I had some time and figured I'd knock this out of the way. I still need to add to it though and flesh out the ride through, but wanted to get the basic concept down before I forget it. :p

Space Jam rough draft will be up tonight.

Car Kids
1682808-poster-1280-mylo-xyloto-comics-itunes.jpg

Introduction
Inspired by the Mylo Xyloto cartoon based on the British rock band Coldplay's 5th LP album, Car Kids will be an interactive and immersive dark ride experience for all in the family. Travel along with Mylo and his fellow Car Kids as you roam the desolate and decaying streets of Silencia, a dark dystopian society where imagination and light are bared from existence. With your help, you can rally against the imfamous leader, Major Minus, and bring creativity and color back to the world.

Backstory Synopsis
The album tells the story of a war against sound and color by a supremacist government, set in the world of Silencia, an Orwellian society. Silencia has been overtaken by a government led by Major Minus, who controls the population through media and propaganda. His aim is to take sound and color off the streets in hope to draw away "feeders", creatures that use such energy to hunt its prey. The album follows Mylo, a "silencer", a soldier in an army tasked to hunt and track down "sparkers", people who harness light and energy and use it to create sparks, comparable to graffiti in real life. He encounters Xyloto, the sparker most wanted by Major Minus. Through Xyloto, Mylo discovers his sparker abilities and his affiliation with the Car Kids, a major sparker faction founded by Mylo's parents, Aiko and Lela.

Inspiration:
Two protagonists living in an oppressive, dystopian, urban environment, meet one another through a gang and fall in love. Lyrically, the album is inspired by "old school American graffiti" and "the White Rose Movement." Martin also said that the album was influenced by HBO TV series The Wire.

Facade and Queue
Hurts-Like-Heaven-coldplay-32416456-1280-719.png

The facade will be themed and located in the dark corner of Toontown Heights, thematically representing the underbelly of the city. The grim and gloomy facade will be lined up with propaganda posters of silencers and other elements of Major Minus' rule. Once guests step inside the entrance to the attraction, they are in a secret alley and meeting area for the Car Kids. You wind in and out and begin to hear some cheerful music, giving you hope for what is around the corner. Mylo, the new leader of the Car Kids resistance group, introduces you to the group, and says that tonight they need to help break one of their own out of Major Minus' rule, and need your help to do it. The Car Kids lead you on to the pre-show, where your ride vehicle is explained.

Ride Vehicle Blueprint
402ae2_7375e2f246bb45ef8fa8d65f26ed55c8~mv2.webp

Each sparker pod will seat a maximum of 4 guests (seated back to back) In the front of each seat will be a 12x16 touchscreen installed into the surface of the vehicle. On the touchscreen will be a variety of options to create and "spark" the imagination. As you meander through the pre-show, and during the first segment of the ride, instructions will be given on how to use the tools in front of you.

The tools will allow the guests to paint and spark their environment as they follow along with the Car Kids story-line. The ride systen is named AniLPS (short for animation LPS) which is a trackless ride system installed with the touchscreens and synced to the projection screens in front of the guests.

Guests will also wear specialized 3D glasses that allow them to see their projections in a virtual realm on the screens in front of the spark pods. As you draw your designs, they will pop up in 3D on the project screens, giving an amazing visceral experience throughout the entire attraction.

Attraction Statistics:
Ride Design - AniLPS
Ride Type - D-Ticket
Top Speed - 5 mph
Number of Vehicles - 24
Vehicle Capacity - 4
Ride Time - 3:30
Hourly Capacity - 1,600 guests
Height-Restriction - No
Wheelchair Accessible - Yes

Load and Ride-Through

As you board into your vehicles, you can hear bells and cheering in the background. Throughout the ride, you will ride along with the music from the album, as this concept album narrates the ride through that you're experiencing.

Exiting the Car Kids alleyway, you're immediately met by silencers, and you spark the walls as you make your escape through the streets. Coloring the brick walls, and covering up the media posters as you ride through the attraction, you're immersed in their quest for Mylo to find Xyloto and break her out of prison. At the end of the scene, the Car Kids are actually captured and you experience Mylo's dream of Paradise with Xyloto as a transition into the next scene, where Mylo continues on the run from the Silencers, and runs into Xyloto, who escaped to go looking for Mylo. In this scene, the song Charlie Brown is played, as the two run away and you help them escape. Eventually they are both captured and thrown into Major Minus' prison together, where the song "Us Against the World" is played. In this scene, the nighttime sky is illuminated through the window of the jail cell, and you paint the night sky in any way you want. The finale of the attraction is the escape from prison and coloring the walls of the cells as you escape with the fellow Car Kids, pressed for another adventure someday together.

kmbmw777

Just a late night thought -- I know we had mentioned Bob's Burgers a few times, but I see both other teams are doing that, so I think we should pass just for the sake of being different. Toontown stands out from other lands because of its bright, vibrant color patterns along with the music and a wonky style that immerses you into the world of "cartoons"

For the 24 hours or so we coached Drax in Round 4 of Creator Games, I remember @David2319 and @kmbmw777 were talking about music ...I know David plays piano and Kevin plays "a mean synth":p Maybe we can use that to our advantage not only with the presentation, but the land design.

I was listening to some music and it gave me an idea for another attraction that could fit the wonky style of the land (and use this team's musical talents!)

The 5th Coldplay album is a narrative based album that was made into a comic, and then a cartoon for the music video. It has a whole story attached to it that is kinda like West Side Story meets Orwell's 1984. The story itself would fit perfectly in the "slums" area. It would really make an incredible dark ride.

Not only that...but it flows from other areas of the land...painting...
coldplay_the_car_kids.jpg

to more painting with Epic Mickey

a0fd46f6d424a4cf407fbe2b6ce332fc.jpg

And in the album there is a song (my favorite on the album) called...Charlie Brown!:D

And we are doing a whole Peanuts sub-land. It's a very loose tie, but I thought that was pretty cool.

I know most of these songs on the piano -- but I know David plays the piano too...maybe we could create a "custom soundtrack" for each area of the land? Peanuts has a ton of music attached to it as well...just to spice up the presentation a little and make it wonky fun like Toontown.

@Brer Oswald is an amazing artist and so is Red -- so if they focused on that end, and we added the music -- it'd make for an awesome final product I think (especially since we have a week to do it ):bookworm:

Unfortunately, this weekend is incredibly packed for me with band, the act, and some other very fun stuff:)
so i doubt ill have the time to do any real music project this time around.

However I will get my stuff with the park and the forgotten manor done tonight or tommotow

Daveeeeed

Rough Draft...I had some time and figured I'd knock this out of the way. I still need to add to it though and flesh out the ride through, but wanted to get the basic concept down before I forget it. :p

Space Jam rough draft will be up tonight.

Car Kids
1682808-poster-1280-mylo-xyloto-comics-itunes.jpg

Introduction
Inspired by the Mylo Xyloto cartoon based on the British rock band Coldplay's 5th LP album, Car Kids will be an interactive and immersive dark ride experience for all in the family. Travel along with Mylo and his fellow Car Kids as you roam the desolate and decaying streets of Silencia, a dark dystopian society where imagination and light are bared from existence. With your help, you can rally against the imfamous leader, Major Minus, and bring creativity and color back to the world.

Backstory Synopsis
The album tells the story of a war against sound and color by a supremacist government, set in the world of Silencia, an Orwellian society. Silencia has been overtaken by a government led by Major Minus, who controls the population through media and propaganda. His aim is to take sound and color off the streets in hope to draw away "feeders", creatures that use such energy to hunt its prey. The album follows Mylo, a "silencer", a soldier in an army tasked to hunt and track down "sparkers", people who harness light and energy and use it to create sparks, comparable to graffiti in real life. He encounters Xyloto, the sparker most wanted by Major Minus. Through Xyloto, Mylo discovers his sparker abilities and his affiliation with the Car Kids, a major sparker faction founded by Mylo's parents, Aiko and Lela.

Inspiration:
Two protagonists living in an oppressive, dystopian, urban environment, meet one another through a gang and fall in love. Lyrically, the album is inspired by "old school American graffiti" and "the White Rose Movement." Martin also said that the album was influenced by HBO TV series The Wire.

Facade and Queue
Hurts-Like-Heaven-coldplay-32416456-1280-719.png

The facade will be themed and located in the dark corner of Toontown Heights, thematically representing the underbelly of the city. The grim and gloomy facade will be lined up with propaganda posters of silencers and other elements of Major Minus' rule. Once guests step inside the entrance to the attraction, they are in a secret alley and meeting area for the Car Kids. You wind in and out and begin to hear some cheerful music, giving you hope for what is around the corner. Mylo, the new leader of the Car Kids resistance group, introduces you to the group, and says that tonight they need to help break one of their own out of Major Minus' rule, and need your help to do it. The Car Kids lead you on to the pre-show, where your ride vehicle is explained.

Ride Vehicle Blueprint
402ae2_7375e2f246bb45ef8fa8d65f26ed55c8~mv2.webp

Each sparker pod will seat a maximum of 4 guests (seated back to back) In the front of each seat will be a 12x16 touchscreen installed into the surface of the vehicle. On the touchscreen will be a variety of options to create and "spark" the imagination. As you meander through the pre-show, and during the first segment of the ride, instructions will be given on how to use the tools in front of you.

The tools will allow the guests to paint and spark their environment as they follow along with the Car Kids story-line. The ride systen is named AniLPS (short for animation LPS) which is a trackless ride system installed with the touchscreens and synced to the projection screens in front of the guests.

Guests will also wear specialized 3D glasses that allow them to see their projections in a virtual realm on the screens in front of the spark pods. As you draw your designs, they will pop up in 3D on the project screens, giving an amazing visceral experience throughout the entire attraction.

Attraction Statistics:
Ride Design - AniLPS
Ride Type - D-Ticket
Top Speed - 5 mph
Number of Vehicles - 24
Vehicle Capacity - 4
Ride Time - 3:30
Hourly Capacity - 1,600 guests
Height-Restriction - No
Wheelchair Accessible - Yes

Load and Ride-Through

As you board into your vehicles, you can hear bells and cheering in the background. Throughout the ride, you will ride along with the music from the album, as this concept album narrates the ride through that you're experiencing.

Exiting the Car Kids alleyway, you're immediately met by silencers, and you spark the walls as you make your escape through the streets. Coloring the brick walls, and covering up the media posters as you ride through the attraction, you're immersed in their quest for Mylo to find Xyloto and break her out of prison. At the end of the scene, the Car Kids are actually captured and you experience Mylo's dream of Paradise with Xyloto as a transition into the next scene, where Mylo continues on the run from the Silencers, and runs into Xyloto, who escaped to go looking for Mylo. In this scene, the song Charlie Brown is played, as the two run away and you help them escape. Eventually they are both captured and thrown into Major Minus' prison together, where the song "Us Against the World" is played. In this scene, the nighttime sky is illuminated through the window of the jail cell, and you paint the night sky in any way you want. The finale of the attraction is the escape from prison and coloring the walls of the cells as you escape with the fellow Car Kids, pressed for another adventure someday together.

Fantastic work Space!!! Not surprised tho:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom