Team Brava/Castle - Stanza V: The Infinity Suite

Which Parks Would You Like To Work With?

• Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Six Flags Great America

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Six Flags Over Texas

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Cedar Point

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Kings Dominion

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Carowinds

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Dorney Park

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheOriginalTiki

Okay, here's my updated thoughts on the two parks I'm working on. Discovery Kingdom we definitely need a lot of work to finalize exactly what we want to do as there's a lot of options. I actually think a good approach would be to not do any E ticket attractions and instead spread the budget out to plus the rest of the park...specifically, give V2 a retheme to The Flash since it's literally a RED launched coaster in the park's DC area, and also give White Water Safari a dinosaur overlay. In addition I think it'd be cool to give the DC area a bit more of an immersive theme because as it stands now it's literally just the coasters the connect the theme with a few themed shops like a funhouse for the Joker, the Daily Planet for Superman etc.

For the two rides, I think we need to nail down locations between the SLC, the ski stadium, and Tava's Jungleland. Frankly I think Jungleland presents a couple problems as the location is rather boxed in compared to the other two and it's in the middle of the main animal area so we really can't do anything but a dark ride. I'm in total agreement that I don't want to do a typical Disney IP dark ride, I just thought Lion King was the most appropriate between the IPs that got thrown out. As of now I'd say we can do a proper coaster to replace the SLC and a Looney Tunes dark ride to replace the ski stadium along with expanding the Looney Tunes Seaport theme to Whistlestop Express. Another note is that the soon to be defunct Walrus exhibit leads right up to the entrance to the ski stadium so that could very easily be made to be our the dark ride's queue. Another idea for Looney Tunes would be to do a Big Thunder Mountain style Roadrunner coaster. Roadrunner Express is a popular coaster theme for Six Flags but the chain never attempts to put any amount of real theme into it. Discovery Kingdom even has a Roadrunner Express that could easily be rethemed as it's nothing more than a simple kiddie coaster.

Magic Mountain I think were right on the money...New entrance coaster to replace Scream, new Superman reskin of Samurai Summit to compliment a redone Superman stratacoaster. All sounds fine. My only issue is I maybe wouldn't bother moving Scream to the current front entrance. Frankly Scream has been the least popular coaster in the park for over a decade. It's even less popular than Viper which at least has an iconic look to it. Plus, Scream is basically a mirror image of the much better Medusa floorless coaster located just a few hours away at Discovery Kingdom, so it's always been painfully irrelevant to me as a SFDK local. I think a better move would be to expand the Baja Ridge theme into the current front entrance area, as well as give Full Throttle a proper queue it deserves. As it stands now FT has the worst queue in the park, it's literally just a giant series of switchbacks under a tent.

Poe Dameron

Here's the interest breakdown so far. Note some players in more than one park.

DISCOVERY KINGDOM
TheOriginalTiki
Brer Oswald
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyManOne
AceAstro
Pionmycake

MAGIC MOUNTAIN
D Hindley
kmbmw777
Pionmycake
TheOriginalTiki

KINGS DOMINION
Voxel
Pionmycake

CAROWINDS
Magic Feather
AceAstro
DisneyFan18
DisneyManOne
I'll try Magic Mountain if that's okay.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Hey y'all. I can help out with Kings Dominion. Sorry I haven't been posting, I just don't feel I have much to add to the discussion due to my lack of knowledge. But, now that I'm part of one specific section, I'll be able to contribute more.
No problem. I'll get more Material for the areas in particular for this evening to help you out. (You know, after all these years I don't know if we have ever truly worked together man, it will be nice)

I'd also like to make a RCT3 coaster. Haven't played in a while and what's an exercise in nostalgia for me without RCT3?
I think we can find space for that. I was hoping to use either RCT3 or PC to make a coaster, but if you wanna use RCT3 than Perfect I can either make PC building for the Presidential Area or Maybe Ask with another coaster model for another park XD

Voxel

President of Progress City
Okay, RCT/PC discussion. This is the round for virtual coasters!

Players who I suspect have experience doing this include @mickeyfan5534, @Voxel and @Pionmycake. Any other computer coaster creators?
Given a layout I can quickly pop up a Coaster on Planet Coaster, but don't expect anything theming. Getting into theme for PC can be quick but also extremely time consuming. That being said there is also the Steam Work shop so we might be able to steal coasters or theming to quickly use. (I'll check it out today as I wait for my new Japanese text book to come in.. My last one was too childish and Duolingo was like HA USE JAPANESE KEYBOARD FOR EVERYTHING NOW!)

D Hulk

Given a layout I can quickly pop up a Coaster on Planet Coaster, but don't expect anything theming. Getting into theme for PC can be quick but also extremely time consuming. That being said there is also the Steam Work shop so we might be able to steal coasters or theming to quickly use. (I'll check it out today as I wait for my new Japanese text book to come in.. My last one was too childish and Duolingo was like HA USE JAPANESE KEYBOARD FOR EVERYTHING NOW!)
The amount of theming we're discussing would be prohibitive to create on PC/RCT within a week. Let's focus on pure layouts and use concept art to convey the theming.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Okay, RCT/PC discussion. This is the round for virtual coasters!

Players who I suspect have experience doing this include @mickeyfan5534, @Voxel and @Pionmycake. Any other computer coaster creators?
I can do that, but all I have is RCT2. Might not be the most visually exciting or complex. But I make a mean coaster in that game lol

D Hulk

Okay, here's my updated thoughts on the two parks I'm working on. Discovery Kingdom we definitely need a lot of work to finalize exactly what we want to do as there's a lot of options. I actually think a good approach would be to not do any E ticket attractions and instead spread the budget out to plus the rest of the park...specifically, give V2 a retheme to The Flash since it's literally a RED launched coaster in the park's DC area, and also give White Water Safari a dinosaur overlay. In addition I think it'd be cool to give the DC area a bit more of an immersive theme because as it stands now it's literally just the coasters the connect the theme with a few themed shops like a funhouse for the Joker, the Daily Planet for Superman etc.

For the two rides, I think we need to nail down locations between the SLC, the ski stadium, and Tava's Jungleland. Frankly I think Jungleland presents a couple problems as the location is rather boxed in compared to the other two and it's in the middle of the main animal area so we really can't do anything but a dark ride. I'm in total agreement that I don't want to do a typical Disney IP dark ride, I just thought Lion King was the most appropriate between the IPs that got thrown out. As of now I'd say we can do a proper coaster to replace the SLC and a Looney Tunes dark ride to replace the ski stadium along with expanding the Looney Tunes Seaport theme to Whistlestop Express. Another note is that the soon to be defunct Walrus exhibit leads right up to the entrance to the ski stadium so that could very easily be made to be our the dark ride's queue. Another idea for Looney Tunes would be to do a Big Thunder Mountain style Roadrunner coaster. Roadrunner Express is a popular coaster theme for Six Flags but the chain never attempts to put any amount of real theme into it. Discovery Kingdom even has a Roadrunner Express that could easily be rethemed as it's nothing more than a simple kiddie coaster.

Magic Mountain I think were right on the money...New entrance coaster to replace Scream, new Superman reskin of Samurai Summit to compliment a redone Superman stratacoaster. All sounds fine. My only issue is I maybe wouldn't bother moving Scream to the current front entrance. Frankly Scream has been the least popular coaster in the park for over a decade. It's even less popular than Viper which at least has an iconic look to it. Plus, Scream is basically a mirror image of the much better Medusa floorless coaster located just a few hours away at Discovery Kingdom, so it's always been painfully irrelevant to me as a SFDK local. I think a better move would be to expand the Baja Ridge theme into the current front entrance area, as well as give Full Throttle a proper queue it deserves. As it stands now FT has the worst queue in the park, it's literally just a giant series of switchbacks under a tent.
Your very thorough posts are always greatly appreciated. It sounds like a Looney Tunes dark ride replacing the ski stadium is pretty much set in stone. With Tava's Jungleland too complicated, the other options are replacing the SLC or doing a Roadrunner coaster. I think doing Roadrunner on a Big Thunder scale would be the best option. It's something (like the LT dark ride) which could be cloned into other Six Flags parks potentially, making it a more attractive proposal to investors.

This crazy cantilevered coaster concept (which is most similar to Universal's upcoming Donkey Kong coaster conceptually) was originally conceived for a Roadrunner coaster, actually. Can no longer find the creator's interview discussing it. The idea was we're riding on an Acme rocket which is able to "leap" chasms and such. If we can propose a Disney patent on this type of idea, that could make the Roadrunner ride stand out from a classic coaster model.
potential Magic Mountain Superman concept...

Oh, cool, it's like TTD/KK only it's a complete ride! Will have to mull over the space available atop Samurai Summit, but if possible I'd say this vid could well be our Superman on-ride already. Just add theming.

TheOriginalTiki

Your very thorough posts are always greatly appreciated. It sounds like a Looney Tunes dark ride replacing the ski stadium is pretty much set in stone. With Tava's Jungleland too complicated, the other options are replacing the SLC or doing a Roadrunner coaster. I think doing Roadrunner on a Big Thunder scale would be the best option. It's something (like the LT dark ride) which could be cloned into other Six Flags parks potentially, making it a more attractive proposal to investors.

This crazy cantilevered coaster concept (which is most similar to Universal's upcoming Donkey Kong coaster conceptually) was originally conceived for a Roadrunner coaster, actually. Can no longer find the creator's interview discussing it. The idea was we're riding on an Acme rocket which is able to "leap" chasms and such. If we can propose a Disney patent on this type of idea, that could make the Roadrunner ride stand out from a classic coaster model.

Oh, cool, it's like TTD/KK only it's a complete ride! Will have to mull over the space available atop Samurai Summit, but if possible I'd say this vid could well be our Superman on-ride already. Just add theming.

Loving the Donkey Kong style coaster for Roadrunner. It makes perfect thematic sense. Only problem is I want to connect it all to the actual Looney Tunes area and there's only space if we combine the walruses and ski stadium for either a dark ride or coaster, not both. I think our best bet is to do the Roadrunner Express as a highly themed family coaster for the Seaport expansion, and then do a more thrill orientated coaster to replace the Vekoma SLC. Perhaps the more thrill based coaster could tie in with dinosaurs? We could basically have a dinosaur mini land with the SLC footprint, the 3D cinema (which debuted with Dinosphere which we could easily update) and then ending with the dinosaur overlay of White Water Safari. That lines up with the geography of the park as it is. Hmm...what if we did an RMC T-Rex and called it...get this...T-Rex! :eek::hilarious::hilarious: I wouldn't worry too much about ripping off Great America because the parks are already in a huge competition with each other so Great America getting a Raptor and then Discovery Kingdom 1-upping them with a T-Rex is actually perfectly in line with the current rivalry narrative between the two parks.

Disney Dad 3000

There is a sweet spot of combining thrill tech and Disney tech which we're working towards. That should appear in every coaster we create (roughly 50% of the projects), while every family addition should play with its IP in ways Disney Parks cannot. Tower of Terror is a great example - it was inspired by the fairly basic Freefall drop ride at Magic Mountain, but upgraded to Disney level. For the coaster types we're discussing, like an RMC or a strata coaster of a multi-launcher, I think the potential is there for the same plussed experiences.

Each park project is taking on a coherent goal (e.g., Magic Mountain is all DC thrill rides, Kings Dominion is all historical Americana). What could unite them all? Maybe a phrase similar to Shanghai Disneyland's "Authentically Disney and Uniquely Chinese." Something like "Disney Storytelling Meets Extreme Thrills."

Disney Magic from Coast to Coast?

TheOriginalTiki

One final note before leaving for work. It is POSSIBLE to make a footprint for a dark ride in the current Looney Tunes Seaport area if you use the current indoor children's playground as the framework and then enclose the currently defunct water play area and scrap the current Road Runner Express kiddie coaster and surrounding area between that and the playground. It would make the layout of the Seaport somewhat awkward to navigate as it would block a couple paths and we'd have to re-route a few things, but it is geographically possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom