Team Brava/Castle - Stanza V: The Infinity Suite

Which Parks Would You Like To Work With?

• Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Six Flags Great America

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Six Flags Over Texas

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Cedar Point

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Kings Dominion

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Carowinds

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Dorney Park

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
After another day of brainstorming, we’re closing in on our ideas!

While brainstorming will continue, the time comes soon to divvy up tasks. What ideas below are you most interested in? This is still a work-in-progress, of course. It’s simply where we stand right now.

DISNEY’S DISCOVERY KINGDOM
General park idea
: Improve family-friendly offerings with an emphasis on nature and popular characters
  • Looney Tunes E-ticket dark ride (replacing the ski stadium) and a Looney Tunes retheme of the nearby Whistlestop Express area as an extension of Looney Tunes Seaport.
  • Lion King dark ride added to Tava’s Jungleland, along with DAK-style theming.
Also to do – ??
Who’s interested? @TheOriginalTiki (Park Expert) @Brer Oswald (Looney Tunes)

DISNEY’S MAGIC MOUNTAIN
General park idea
: Create the premier DC superhero park with land rethemes and new rides
  • Replace Superman: Escape from Krypton with a themed strata coaster (world’s tallest) and retheme the surrounding Samurai Summit area to Superman
  • Create a launched Flash coaster (world’s fastest) crossing a new park entry section to be located where Scream is currently
Also to do – Relocate the backstage and Scream to former entry plaza
Magic Express shuttles connecting Magic Mountain to Disneyland Resort
New funicular to the summit from the park’s west side
Who’s interested? @D Hindley (Park Expert) @kmbmw777 (DC Expert) @Pionmycake (Roller Coaster Tycoon Magic Mountain resources)

DISNEY’S KINGS DOMINION
General park idea
: Introduce ideas from Disney’s America as new or revamped lands
  • An “Old Virginia” land to include a Presidential Square with a Hall of Presidents, IP revamps of the old raft and flume rides, and possibly more
  • An “Industrial Revolution” land which includes a steel mill-themed Intamin Blitz coaster and possibly other elements
Also to do – Trolley transportation within the park
Miscellaneous retheming and place-making
Who’s interested? @Voxel (Park Expert) @Pionmycake

DISNEY’S CAROWINDS
General park idea: Act as a setting for Disney IPs to do things they can’t in Disney Parks
  • Create an RMC hybrid out of Hurler, themed to Marvel (possibly Black Panther). Thrill Zone around it takes on a Marvel theme, with Fury 325 rethemed to Nick Fury
  • Redo Camp Snoopy as a Muppets-themed area parodying classic Disney theme park rides
Also to do – ??
Who’s interested? @Magic Feather (Park Expert) @AceAstro (Muppets)
For Carowinds, what if we had Muppets take over the Boardwalk and then extend that into taking over County Fair. Make a Muppets version of Pixar Pier (but not terrible) as their Coney Island type park they created full of parodies and jabs at major parks (mostly Disney). Still not totally sold on going all in with family focused area with a Disney IP, but Muppets with a more cynical tone would be enough to distinguish itself tonally from what would work at a Disney park imo

That way, we don't lose Peanuts as that is sort of the mascot for Cedar Fair parks as well as a great brand.

D Hulk

First of all, amazing song. Amazing musical.

Second of all yes.

Third of all... I was not getting alerts for this page and I literally have no idea what has happened.
Oh geez! :eek: Well, welcome home Pix! Quick update.

We've selected 4 parks from the Six Flags and Cedar Fair chains. Now we're discussing creating 2 major attractions for each park, with the premise that Disney now owns these parks.

The parks are Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Magic Mountain, Kings Dominion and Carowinds.

The ride ideas we're debating are:

While brainstorming will continue, the time comes soon to divvy up tasks. What ideas below are you most interested in? This is still a work-in-progress, of course. It’s simply where we stand right now.

General park idea
: Improve family-friendly offerings with an emphasis on nature and popular characters
  • Looney Tunes E-ticket dark ride (replacing the ski stadium) and a Looney Tunes retheme of the nearby Whistlestop Express area as an extension of Looney Tunes Seaport.
Also to do – ??

DISNEY’S MAGIC MOUNTAIN
General park idea
  • Replace Superman: Escape from Krypton with a themed strata coaster (world’s tallest) and retheme the surrounding Samurai Summit area to Superman
  • Create a launched Flash coaster (world’s fastest) crossing a new park entry section to be located where Scream is currently
Who’s interested? @D Hindley (Park Expert) @kmbmw777 (DC Expert) @Pionmycake (Roller Coaster Tycoon Magic Mountain resources)

DISNEY’S KINGS DOMINION
General park idea
  • An “Old Virginia” land to include a Presidential Square with a Hall of Presidents, IP revamps of the old raft and flume rides, and possibly more
  • An “Industrial Revolution” land which includes a steel mill-themed Intamin Blitz coaster and possibly other elements

DISNEY’S CAROWINDS
General park idea: Act as a setting for Disney IPs to do things they can’t in Disney Parks
  • Create an RMC hybrid out of Hurler, themed to Marvel (possibly Black Panther). Thrill Zone around it takes on a Marvel theme, with Fury 325 rethemed to Nick Fury
  • Redo Camp Snoopy as a Muppets-themed area parodying classic Disney theme park rides
Also to do – ??
There's an effort to balance extreme thrill rides and family-friendly attractions. Some players are more interested in one or the other.

Right now we're seeing who's interested in what. And finetuning and debating. Hope that catches you up. :)

D Hulk

Is that a Team Starkid musical I haven't seen yet!!

I think Lion King is a mistake. Especially as a dark ride. A Disney style dark ride themed to a Disney IP in a park we retheme to be more like a Disney park that already exists. Feels like it is something that could be done easily in just about any round of just about any competition and really doesn't take advantage of the unique oppurtunities this round provides. Especially with this park being in San Francisco and less than a days drive to Disneyland.

Maybe a thrill ride for Lion King, like a water coaster or a drop tower. A launch coaster that weaves through the elephant graveyard maybe.

Or we place the Looney Tunes more in this area and have a Looney Tunes Safari dark ride or something.

As far as what I'd like to work on, Looney Tunes and Discovery Kingdom would probably be my choice, but all of these parks have some great ideas and great possibilities. I'm fine wherever
I'd love to hear more from @TheOriginalTiki on this Lion King option since Discovery Kingdom is his home park. I too would personally prefer something more unique, given the challenge. The classic Disney IP dark ride option is a safe choice and if there's enough desire to do something more exciting then go for it!

Maybe the best coaster/thrill option for Discovery Kingdom is to replace the Kong Vekoma SLC. Many parts of the park cannot have coasters due to nearby animals. A fully-themed coaster in that location could be Lion King, DC maybe, or something totally different. The other restriction is a 150' construction limit.

Muppets in the Boardwalk sounds like fun. Hopefully the sarcastic tone and some wilder rides would make it distinct from a Disney Parks version of Muppets. Would like to hear what @Magic Feather thinks about these Carowinds ideas.

pixie_princess

Oh geez! :eek: Well, welcome home Pix! Quick update.

We've selected 4 parks from the Six Flags and Cedar Fair chains. Now we're discussing creating 2 major attractions for each park, with the premise that Disney now owns these parks.

The parks are Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Magic Mountain, Kings Dominion and Carowinds.

The ride ideas we're debating are:

There's an effort to balance extreme thrill rides and family-friendly attractions. Some players are more interested in one or the other.

Right now we're seeing who's interested in what. And finetuning and debating. Hope that catches you up. :)

Thanks! I can't believe I missed so much and I feel like you all were just sitting here thinking I was the flake and I was sitting here thinking, wow. NO brainstorming has really been going on...

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Another idea, something no one has really pursued yet, would be doing a Peanuts E-ticket.

No idea what that might look like.
I was trying to think about that becasue I adore the Peanuts. But it is tough to make an actual story around the Peanuts because there is no conflict other than occasional teasing of eachother. So, expecially for an attraction, how do you do it without being boring? But they managed to make a great Pooh ride which similarly lacks any real conflict, so it is possible.

Another thing that makes it difficult is that neighborhood football games, kites stuck in trees, and clinically depressed children don't lend themselves to E-ticket experiences.

Perhaps something with the Red Baron. Or maybe helping Charlie Brown chase a run away kite through the neighborhood and keep it as a C-ticket dark ride mad cap adventure like Mr. Toad. But, I don't have a concept personally for how to make it work as an E

Disney Dad 3000

I was trying to think about that becasue I adore the Peanuts. But it is tough to make an actual story around the Peanuts because there is no conflict other than occasional teasing of eachother. So, expecially for an attraction, how do you do it without being boring? But they managed to make a great Pooh ride which similarly lacks any real conflict, so it is possible.

Another thing that makes it difficult is that neighborhood football games, kites stuck in trees, and clinically depressed children don't lend themselves to E-ticket experiences.

Perhaps something with the Red Baron. Or maybe helping Charlie Brown chase a run away kite through the neighborhood and keep it as a C-ticket dark ride mad cap adventure like Mr. Toad. But, I don't have a concept personally for how to make it work as an E

This post was a good laugh to start the morning. Thank you for that.
Yeah Peanuts as an E would be tough to imagine. Only thing I can think of is there was a Peanuts special way back where the gang entered a rafting race at summer camp. But that doesn't necessarily speak peanuts. Carowinds does have rip roarin rapids so I guess you could retheme it. They are adding a Camp Snoopy theme to the Peanuts area thus year.

Suchomimus

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance
lasagna.jpg

Voxel

President of Progress City
For Carowinds, what if we had Muppets take over the Boardwalk and then extend that into taking over County Fair. Make a Muppets version of Pixar Pier (but not terrible) as their Coney Island type park they created full of parodies and jabs at major parks (mostly Disney). Still not totally sold on going all in with family focused area with a Disney IP, but Muppets with a more cynical tone would be enough to distinguish itself tonally from what would work at a Disney park imo

That way, we don't lose Peanuts as that is sort of the mascot for Cedar Fair parks as well as a great brand.
I have no problem with Snoopy Surviving for the Muppets.. They can be quiet cynical.

First of all, amazing song. Amazing musical.

Second of all yes.

Third of all... I was not getting alerts for this page and I literally have no idea what has happened.
Yes it is. One of my Favorite Newer Starkid Productions.

I'd love to hear more from @TheOriginalTiki on this Lion King option since Discovery Kingdom is his home park. I too would personally prefer something more unique, given the challenge. The classic Disney IP dark ride option is a safe choice and if there's enough desire to do something more exciting then go for it!

Maybe the best coaster/thrill option for Discovery Kingdom is to replace the Kong Vekoma SLC. Many parts of the park cannot have coasters due to nearby animals. A fully-themed coaster in that location could be Lion King, DC maybe, or something totally different. The other restriction is a 150' construction limit.

Muppets in the Boardwalk sounds like fun. Hopefully the sarcastic tone and some wilder rides would make it distinct from a Disney Parks version of Muppets. Would like to hear what @Magic Feather thinks about these Carowinds ideas.
I think they would. I have always felt that the Muppets were under utilized and Honestly I could care less about Muppet Vision. I want more of an experience with the Muppets.

Voxel

Thanks! I can't believe I missed so much and I feel like you all were just sitting here thinking I was the flake and I was sitting here thinking, wow. NO brainstorming has really been going on...
You also worked today so your not a flake... Alot of my notications for this thread have been hidden from view for me, which is really annoying.

This post was a good laugh to start the morning. Thank you for that.
Yeah Peanuts as an E would be tough to imagine. Only thing I can think of is there was a Peanuts special way back where the gang entered a rafting race at summer camp. But that doesn't necessarily speak peanuts. Carowinds does have rip roarin rapids so I guess you could retheme it. They are adding a Camp Snoopy theme to the Peanuts area thus year.
Sadly I would agree, I feel like your only E-Ticket Peanuts option is the Red Barron, mainly cause it's the only thing that gives you a story or anything like thrills.

D Hulk

Good morning. There's been a good response of interest to the various projects so far. Still waiting to hear from @IDInstitute, @mickeyfan5534, @pixie_princess, @Poe Dameron, and @RMichael21. Which of these various projects are you most interested in helping with?

General park idea
Also to do – ??

DISNEY’S MAGIC MOUNTAIN
General park idea

DISNEY’S KINGS DOMINION
General park idea

DISNEY’S CAROWINDS
Also to do – ??
So far Kings Dominion has seen the least response, so I'd encourage anyone to consider it. :p

Voxel

Good morning. There's been a good response of interest to the various projects so far. Still waiting to hear from @IDInstitute, @mickeyfan5534, @pixie_princess, @Poe Dameron, and @RMichael21. Which of these various projects are you most interested in helping with?

So far Kings Dominion has seen the least response, so I'd encourage anyone to consider it. :p
Maybe it's because the Idea is just SOO perfect. :p
Also It's not as IP crazy as the other parks which might be part of it :p.

I have a few more ideas I'll try to write up today and which might help ppls enthusiasm

D Hulk

Here's the interest breakdown so far. Note some players in more than one park.

DISCOVERY KINGDOM
TheOriginalTiki
Brer Oswald
Disney Dad 3000
DisneyManOne
AceAstro
Pionmycake

MAGIC MOUNTAIN
D Hindley
kmbmw777
Pionmycake
TheOriginalTiki

KINGS DOMINION
Voxel
Pionmycake

CAROWINDS
Magic Feather
AceAstro
DisneyFan18
DisneyManOne

mickeyfan5534

I'll try Kings Dominion. I have somewhat of an idea of a steampunk mill tour dark ride that might work as a companion for the Intamin Blitz coaster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom