Thanks to the power of the Infinity Stones, The SAU has been manipulated and changed, bending reality and reshaping the theme park industry. The Walt Disney Company has bought out two prominent amusement park chains, Cedar Fair and Six Flags, with the Board of Elders now assigning a special group of imagineers to implement a 'Disney' touch into these parks.
Planning on investing $8 Billion into 8 parks (approx $1 Billion per park), over the course of the next half-decade, infusing the parks with a 'Disney-level' of immersive attractions and story-telling. To not just make a thrilling bare-bones coaster or a cheap dark ride, but to invest in the level of detail and technology Disney attractions are known for. The Board of Elders have decided to make this challenge a bit more...interesting.
In this task, Team Brava and Team Castle will have to join forces and battle against the newly formed Team Omega, designing Disney-level attractions for Cedar Fair and/or Six Flags amusement parks in a WDWMagic Infinity War.
-The Elders are looking for 2 new attractions to each park on Disney-level budget/theme/design/etc. The 'new attractions' can be roller-coasters, dark rides, kiddie coasters, flume rides, flat rides, kidzones (which can contain multiple smaller areas), and in any combination per park. They may also replace existing attractions if you so choose.
- Each Team (Brava/Castle and Omega) will choose 4 parks on the list below to work with. And as a token of good faith, Team Omega has decided to allow Team Brava/Castle to select their 4 parks first. Omega will take whatever is left.
Select from the list below:
Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH
Kings Dominion, Doswell, VA
Dorney Park, Allentown, PA
Carowinds, Charlotte, NC
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Vallejo, CA
Six Flags Magic Mountain, Valencia, CA
Six Flags Over Texas, Arlington, TX
Six Flags Great America, Gurnee, IL
- A goal of this project is to offer the opportunity for people who have final exams coming up, to be able to balance studying in the upcoming week, with these challenges. Plenty of help this round.
- Another goal is, different combinations of players! With this Infinity Suite, you have the opportunity to work with new people, or continue to hone the bonds between people from previous rounds. Completely up to you!
- A helpful hint -- this project will be most effective if you break into small groups, either by park, by attraction style, etc. There's potentially 16 people, designing 8 attractions, for 4 parks. The Elders like math that divides evenly. Nobody should have to do too much. If you are...you are doing it wrong.
- Second to last note, there will be no team PMs, it's an open thread! Knowing we are crushing you throughout the week...will put a smile on our faces hehe.
- Last note - @tcool123 will be the main judge of this Stanza, determining the winner.
Brava/Castle - @D Hindley and @IDInstitute
Omega - Destiny
Castle/Brava - v_k, P_Radden, WDW Guru, WED Imagineering, Fox&Hound
Omega - michmousefan, WowFactor, FireMountain, Sam4D23
This Project is due Sunday May 6th at 11:59PM EST
Pacific Standard Time - 8:59 PM
Eastern Standard Time - 11:59 PM
Greenwich Mean Time - 3:59 AM
Central European Time - 4:59 AM
Thank you, best of luck to everyone, have fun, and enjoy!