TCM teams up with Disney to refresh Great Movie Ride

Goofyernmost

Disney didn't have a press release. I would have expected something on the parks blog. They will probably wait until it gets closer to opening in the spring.

As far as the other stuff goes, who knows. They are changing the name of the park and doing a complete overhaul so I would expect a DCA 2.0 style announcement. However, they don't want people avoiding the park until the new stuff opens so they may wait to announce even though construction will be going on already. Maybe we get an announcement in the next 3 to 6 months with some more detail this summer.
Quick, somebody run on down to the helicopter rides on Rte 192, have them fly over DHS (which the do anyway) and take some aerial shots of it so we can see if they are doing anything behind the walls or not.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I'm just curious, what kind of movies does TCM have the rights to use in the attraction?

TCM would have to own the theme park rights to a movie or own the movies outright. Most networks like HBO only own the movies/shows they produce in house. TCM doesn't need to hold the theme park rights to the movies though. Disney needs the rights for the ride. TCM just pays for it's name placement and in this case it seems a makeover to the line area and finale. I hope a spruce up to the ride over all is also coming.

RSoxNo1

Disney didn't have a press release. I would have expected something on the parks blog. They will probably wait until it gets closer to opening in the spring.

As far as the other stuff goes, who knows. They are changing the name of the park and doing a complete overhaul so I would expect a DCA 2.0 style announcement. However, they don't want people avoiding the park until the new stuff opens so they may wait to announce even though construction will be going on already. Maybe we get an announcement in the next 3 to 6 months with some more detail this summer.
TCM had a press release.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
TCM had a press release.
Yep. Here's the link:
Didn't the announcement already happen? The original NYT article posted on page 1 was written on Tuesday 11/25 and said the official announcement would be on Wednesday. I think it was officially announced last Wednesday with no details about anything else in the park. Here's the press release from the TCM side:
http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie...-and-The-Walt-Disney-Studios-Team-Up&banner=1

Cmdr_Crimson

TCM would have to own the theme park rights to a movie or own the movies outright.

MGM Grand in Las Vegas had a theme park at one point.....While it was Movie based it didn't reflect IP's...Still trying to figure out why a Backlot Tour was a boat ride...
mgmthemeparkmap2.jpg

champdisney

While I was hoping for a full blown refurbishment, I'm still happy to hear that some attention will be going into GMR. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Spaceship Earth style refurb, with a change in narration and a slight script change. The Photo Op sounds like something that could be included in the Finale, as we watch ourselves riding the movies lol.

wdwgreek

Happy it will be getting some love, I'd be interested in seeing the new intro video and montage at the end. Creating a narrative that gives the attraction context could be a very good thing!

Goofyernmost

While I was hoping for a full blown refurbishment, I'm still happy to hear that some attention will be going into GMR. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Spaceship Earth style refurb, with a change in narration and a slight script change. The Photo Op sounds like something that could be included in the Finale, as we watch ourselves riding the movies lol.
Except for the ending and a couple of scenes in the middle SSE is almost exactly the same ride it started out as. If you mean newer AA's, I'm with you on that one.

JEANYLASER

Turner Classic Movies and Disney are awesome partners and I can't wait for Spring of 2015 for the new The Great Movie Ride! It's awesome news! The Great Movie Ride is going to stay for very long time!:cool:

champdisney

Except for the ending and a couple of scenes in the middle SSE is almost exactly the same ride it started out as. If you mean newer AA's, I'm with you on that one.
That's correct. SSE is essentially the same ride it always has been, just with a few tune ups. GMR is getting the same treatment. The ride remains the same, new host, and a photo op is installed to feauture riders in the new ending.

Andsome

I'm glad TCM stepped up to the plate and make improvements to the ride. I was worried that they'd assimilate the ride with the rumored lands, theming-wise. I just hope they still show trailers in the queue. We really enjoy those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom