Tarzan Rocks to close?

Invero

barnum42 said:
I have a video of Tarzan Rocks that I'm edititing. I made an edit last year before my visit in September, so I now want to include the additional footage I took then. So they may be in there, just not in as high a resolution.
SWEET!

Lynx04

I heard a rumor that they are going to put a new broadway style musical in the building. The musical is going to be called "Yeti: a tale of a big hairy beast" and following soon after will be "Yeti" On Ice which will tour the country. I will post the tour date on Feb 31st. ;)

nicholas

barnum42 said:
I have a video of Tarzan Rocks that I'm edititing. I made an edit last year before my visit in September, so I now want to include the additional footage I took then. So they may be in there, just not in as high a resolution.
Rock on!

KevinPage

ClemsonTigger said:
Yes, Kevin, like they have for 20K, WoL, Odessy and half of MGM :rolleyes:

And for those that have wished for the DL Snow White show, now that is horrid! :( There are Disney shows that I have loved, liked, felt like ehh, not for me, but that one is a travesty.

Travesty as in bad show or that they are removing it?

I don't think they are dumb enough to remove a show and not have something lined up for it, AK is hurting for attractions as it is. If it was another park, MAYBE, but AK needs anything it can get until EE and a few other rides open.

CaptainMichael

KevinPage said:
Travesty as in bad show or that they are removing it?

I don't think they are dumb enough to remove a show and not have something lined up for it, AK is hurting for attractions as it is. If it was another park, MAYBE, but AK needs anything it can get until EE and a few other rides open.

I'm with you, I believe that something has to be in the works for that space.

Trishnh

:sohappy: I hope so!!! In my opinion, this has got to be the WORST show/attraction in all of Disney! Twice we have gone to see it, and both times we walked out in the middle of it. I never thought it was done well and the music is just loud and obnoxious (and I like rock music). I hope they have plans for something better but my guess is nothing will replace it immediately.

askmike1

KevinPage said:
I don't think they are dumb enough to remove a show and not have something lined up for it.
Unfortuanately, they have done this. Backlot Theater (Hunchback), ABC Theater (Super Star TV), Tomorrowland Theater, Diamond Horshoe Saloon, Odessey, and Anacomical Players Section of WoL have all remained dark for years with no future plans.

-Michael
http://mfw.frandt.com

barnum42

Legacy said:
He's not making a profit, and it will only be for private use.

:wave:
Does that mean I have to give you your ten bucks back?

:lol:

Well, I got off my tonight I started the process of capturing the additional footage into my PC then I can get on with the editing. But don't hold your breath. My Lion King edit took a few months - it's floating around on Disney Central as an mpeg. Future projects will me wmv.

Legacy

barnum42 said:
Does that mean I have to give you your ten bucks back?

:lol:

Well, I got off my tonight I started the process of capturing the additional footage into my PC then I can get on with the editing. But don't hold your breath. My Lion King edit took a few months - it's floating around on Disney Central as an mpeg. Future projects will me wmv.
I'm patient.

(And yes... I want the 10 bucks... :lookaroun )

nor'easter

Legacy said:
He's not making a profit, and it will only be for private use.

:wave:

Sigh...it doesn't matter whether he's making a profit. What matters is the act of copying,which is illegal. If you copy a book and give it to friends, that is also a breach of copyright.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Hopefully they will close tarzan and tear down the theatre to make room for Australia in 2008! YEAH!!!!! lol yeah right who am i kidding

Oh yeah, hi, I have been on the boards for two years and this is my sceond post! Yeah!!!!

xfkirsten

nor'easter said:
Sigh...it doesn't matter whether he's making a profit. What matters is the act of copying,which is illegal. If you copy a book and give it to friends, that is also a breach of copyright.

While it may technically be illegal, Disney has yet to come down on any fans who are just videotaping rides (within posted guidelines for an attraction) and sharing those videos for not profit, as far as I know.

TinTinV12

If a copy of Tarzan Rocks goes up online, somebody let me know!

I love this show so much! I'm a dancer and our Dance Ensemble has gone down to Disney three times now for Magic Music days (I've gone with them twice) and "Tarzan Rocks" always seems to be a highlight on everyone's trip. All the other shows in WDW are great and wonderful in their own respect, but so is Tarzan Rocks.

You shouldn't walk into Tarzan Rocks and expect a full movie experience, it's a concert. Nothing more - nothing less. The choreography that the dancers perform is AMAZING! Even more amazing in the summer when they run everything full out (it's too cold to be kicking that high in the winter). The music, just like the movie, is also something great to note. It may be loud, but it wouldn't be a concert if it wasn't. The roller blading is awesome to watch, & everything else is thrown in there to create a nice package.

Being one myself, this show is something that any Teenager should go see in DisneyWorld. It's really does pull in my age group. I've talked to a lot of other teens who go down there to perform/tour and Tarzan rocks, like I said, is always something teens love! The dancers are hot, the singers are good, the blading is great, and you get to scream & shout because it's a concert! (I know I've bought all of this up before, just restating. :))

Loud music seems to be the complaint most of you have about the show?...once again...concert...c'mon people... It may not be for everyone, but for some people out there, it's something really great to see.

DDuckFan130

TinTinV12 said:
If a copy of Tarzan Rocks goes up online, somebody let me know!

I love this show so much! I'm a dancer and our Dance Ensemble has gone down to Disney three times now for Magic Music days (I've gone with them twice) and "Tarzan Rocks" always seems to be a highlight on everyone's trip. All the other shows in WDW are great and wonderful in their own respect, but so is Tarzan Rocks.

You shouldn't walk into Tarzan Rocks and expect a full movie experience, it's a concert. Nothing more - nothing less. The choreography that the dancers perform is AMAZING! Even more amazing in the summer when they run everything full out (it's too cold to be kicking that high in the winter). The music, just like the movie, is also something great to note. It may be loud, but it wouldn't be a concert if it wasn't. The roller blading is awesome to watch, & everything else is thrown in there to create a nice package.

Being one myself, this show is something that any Teenager should go see in DisneyWorld. It's really does pull in my age group. I've talked to a lot of other teens who go down there to perform/tour and Tarzan rocks, like I said, is always something teens love! The dancers are hot, the singers are good, the blading is great, and you get to scream & shout because it's a concert! (I know I've bought all of this up before, just restating. :))

Loud music seems to be the complaint most of you have about the show?...once again...concert...c'mon people... It may not be for everyone, but for some people out there, it's something really great to see.
You young whipper-snappers and your loud music! :mad: When will it end?!

I'm messing with you by the way :lol: Welcome to the boards :wave:

TinTinV12

Did you just say whipper-snappers? lol :p Thanks for the welcome! I'm really glad to be here.

Real quick, a bunch of us dancers got to meet some of the dancers from Tarzan Rocks & they were really amazingly nice to us! Ryan & Patrick were crowd favorites (they should be performing right now). It'd be really sad to see this show go. I was actually going to audition for it this coming May.

zone15int

nor'easter said:
God, how can anyone like this show? It's noise pollution, totally unsuitable for the area. Could suit a Six Flags park, but doesn't belong at Disney (except for the character tie-in).
. :)

Darn those noisy rock n rollers.:rolleyes: How is it noise pollution?? It's Phil Collins!! MOR Adult Contemporary kinda music. I for one love this show and look forward to seeing it next week. It's a one of a kind show for Disney and it was enough for Universal to title a show Spiderman "Rocks!" If they do close it at DAK, I hope that they would use the same concept for a show at another one of the parks.(preferably the Disney-MGM Studios.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom