Tarzan Rocks Theater Construction

peter11435

Original Poster
I went to Animal Kingdom for a few hours yesterday. It was raining the entire time I was there so Everest was not running. However I did take a few photos of the work already going on at the old Tarzan Rocks theater. There is a huge construction wall around the entire theater. I would say it is as long as the one around Everest. There were workers on site and they are clearing the land on the river side of the theater. Should be interesting.

DCP_2030.JPG

DCP_2031.JPG

DCP_2032.JPG

DCP_2033.JPG

peter11435

Original Poster
napnet said:
They didnt waste any time...
Its funny actually. I was at the final show on Saturday the 21st and when I went to the park the next morning the wall was already up, the show was off the tip board, and the sign had been removed that was at the entrance to Dinoland. It was sad actually.

Craig747

I miss the show already! It was a brilliant show. I love the music to Tarzan.

I wonder what they could be doing. They must have something up their sleeve. Personally, I didn't expect to see anything being done just now. Not with Everest and everything.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Craig747 said:
I miss the show already! It was a brilliant show. I love the music to Tarzan.

I wonder what they could be doing. They must have something up their sleeve. Personally, I didn't expect to see anything being done just now. Not with Everest and everything.

Check out the 14th May update on http://www.wdwmagic.com/animal.htm

Shaman

Wow clearing outside the theater!? I wonder if the theater is being expanded either to add more seats or to accommodate new features/ effects for the replacement show. How long 'til the new show opens?

Thanks for the news and pictures! :wave:

Shaman

Craig747 said:
Interesting. Thanks for that.

Not quite sure my opinion on that.

In the EE 3D glasses thread, someone mentioned that the 3D glasses was not for EE but for the rumored Nemo show. Seeing as there are no 3D effects on EE...then.....

Perhaps the theater will be surrounded by a screen? Or by huge water tanks filled with fish? Or maybe they're making way for nicer landscaping, or easier access to the theater....

It should be cool to see what they do....

dumboflyer

The one thing I hope they're careful about for the new show is the noise pollution. The thing that bothered me the most about Tarzan Rocks was the fact that you could hear the music in Asia and Discovery Island, in addition to Dinoland. None of the other shows have that problem-- you can't hear FotLK outside the theater, and you can only hear Pocahontas if you're close. Hopefully the new show is a little more contained.

Craig747

Good point about the 3D glasses.

If it was a 3D show they would need to do something to make it unique. There are already enough 3D shows (in my opinion).

Shaman

dumboflyer said:
The one thing I hope they're careful about for the new show is the noise pollution. The thing that bothered me the most about Tarzan Rocks was the fact that you could hear the music in Asia and Discovery Island, in addition to Dinoland. None of the other shows have that problem-- you can't hear FotLK outside the theater, and you can only hear Pocahontas if you're close. Hopefully the new show is a little more contained.

I believe they are enclosing the theater...I read that somewhere...so that should take care of the noise pollution somewhat (if it does happen). It kinda explains why they are clearing some land too...although why they need to clear so much for a little wall is still anyone's guess...*shrugs*

Maybe it's not Nemo...maybe....it's:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/thewild/

Glasgow

Craig747 said:
Good point about the 3D glasses.

If it was a 3D show they would need to do something to make it unique. There are already enough 3D shows (in my opinion).
I believe it was already confirmed that upon closer inspection the 3D glasses had come from the "It's Tough to be a Bug" show :)

I never got to see the Tarzan show :(

Omg

objr said:
I believe they are enclosing the theater...I read that somewhere...so that should take care of the noise pollution somewhat (if it does happen). It kinda explains why they are clearing some land too...although why they need to clear so much for a little wall is still anyone's guess...*shrugs*

Maybe it's not Nemo...maybe....it's:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/thewild/

That is the biggest copy of Madagascar in the World!!!!!:brick: Even some of the characters are the same:cry: .....I really did detest Madagascar and now I see Disney copying?!:veryconfu I hope Pixar will get them back on track...I wouldnt even mind sequels to The Incredibles,Monsters Inc. etc.

Shaman

T-i-doubleguher said:
That is the biggest copy of Madagascar in the World!!!!!:brick: Even some of the characters are the same:cry: .....I really did detest Madagascar and now I see Disney copying?!:veryconfu I hope Pixar will get them back on track...I wouldnt even mind sequels to The Incredibles,Monsters Inc. etc.

This takes place in the city...so it isn't quite the same thing....'The Wild' looks much more enjoyable though....the animation seems better too...

DavyPR

maybe they'll be enclosing the building like they did in festival of the lion king so in the heat of summer its more cool for the huge crowds besides nemo needs to be in a controled environment

peter11435

Original Poster
DavyPR said:
maybe they'll be enclosing the building like they did in festival of the lion king so in the heat of summer its more cool for the huge crowds besides nemo needs to be in a controled environment
That is the plan. When the theater reopens it will be enclosed and have AC. It should be much more enjoyable as well as have much better lighting. Here are a few more photos of the work. These were taken this morning 1/25. Not much different except there is more trees cleared out.

Steve you are welcome to use these on the site also if you would like.

DCP_2040.JPG

DCP_2041.JPG

DCP_2042.JPG

DCP_2043.JPG

DCP_2044.JPG

JROK

I hope it's not a Nemo show... Nemo already has his own attraction at EPCOT... They wouldn't let Lion King have two shows... remember they closed the show at MK when FotLK opened? You can't let one movie have two attractions and the other's can't...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom