Tarzan Rocks Theater Construction

peter11435

Original Poster
bruiser659 said:
All of my posts have been on the money,believe it or not.
Most of you posts seem to have been questions. The only thing you said and were right about was that Disney would buy Pixar. And to be honest there was little doubt about that.

CaptainMichael

bruiser659 said:
When the LUCKY thing comes true you will say ,man whos that guy.
Lucky was at Disney's Animal Kingdom then left during the summer to go to Hong Kong Disneyland for the grand opening. We don't if or when he'll ever come back. But it is safe to say that someday we will probably recieve something similar but more advanced.

peter11435

Original Poster
bruiser659 said:
why cant no one post anything on this site without an aurguement?
Your trying to tell us that we shuld believe you because you have always been right. So whats you source about the Lucky thing?

lunalovegoddess

Thank you for posting the construction pics. While I regret that I have never been able to see Tarzan Rocks (it had always been a choice between seeing that or Festival of the Lion King), I look forward to whatever is in the planning stages right now.

Thank you for posting the link to The Wild. (personally, I think something like that would be a good fit for AK. I've always wondered why Tarzan Rocks was not located in the African section of the park. It didn't make as much sense in Dinoland. But, moot point...) I didn't even know that the movie was coming out in the spring. I appreciate your input.

Finally, I agree with M:SpilotISTC12... Animal Kingdom needs a full-service restaurant. On the opposite side of the park is the Rainforest Cafe, which is independently owned. It would make sense to have one located across the bridge from Everest. To me, the area was a buffer zone between the two lands, so it would be in a very good location.

If not a restaurant, I have an idea: collect a bunch of Australian animals and turn it into the Wonders of Down Under exhibit. Or call it the Walkabout. Animal Kingdom already has kangaroos, wallabies, flying foxes, crocs, etc. What if the area included sugar gliders, koalas, platypi, kookaburras, an echidna, the kiwi bird, and the frilled lizard, for example? Or, for the animals that would not do well outside of an actual zoo, have pictures of the tasmanian devil and the thylacine (the extinct tasmanian wolf). With the right kind of theming, and having small marsupials on display, it could be very popular. I'm thinking of something similar in concept to one of the zoo exhibits that I've seen.
Plus, I know people that have suger gliders for pets in Aus.

Potential problems:
a) availability of animals
b) care and feeding of animals
c) training for the handlers
d) enviroment
(if it is a temperature controlled building, though, this may not be a problem at all.)

pat_naughty05

I still don't get why Tarzan Rocks had to close. I was at Disney this summer, and the show was packed! Sorry if an explanation has already been given, but does anyone know why this happened?

NitroStitch

Legacy said:
That's exactly what I was going to say. I saw the final Hunchback show, and then a bit later went on the back stage tour. As we truned the corner, there was Esmerelda and Quasi, waving at the tram, and behind them were workers loading up a truck with props.

It was all very sad...

I guess with either wonderful show, they couldn't even wait for the body to get cold. :cry: It's sad enough to lose them - couldn't we just have a moment to grieve? :veryconfu

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
tarzan was a terrible show. Woooo look people flipping. It didn't have soul like the FotLK. Plus I hate Phil Collins

Mecha Figment

T-i-doubleguher said:
That is the biggest copy of Madagascar in the World!!!!!:brick: Even some of the characters are the same:cry: .....I really did detest Madagascar and now I see Disney copying?!:veryconfu I hope Pixar will get them back on track...I wouldnt even mind sequels to The Incredibles,Monsters Inc. etc.

actualy let me clarify something for you. Even though Madigascar came out first. It techicaly is a copy. Call of the wild was writen by the same guy who wrote madigascar. He left the company and CAll of the wild stayed with walt disney. dreamworks hired him, and he had inside info about the company going ahead with his script. So he wrote a new script which became madigascar. And they rushed it into production to make disney look bad. Disney took their time, and both productions were goign on at the same time at one point. So don't judge so quickly.

Mecha Figment

there are two possible outcomes to the construction. and one fact. Yes the theater is being made to be inclosed because of the noise pollution it caused ruining the atmosphere of the park, and second for the show it will hold.

It is goign to be one of these two possibilites.
I've heard both as fact but we all know thats not true.. which tells me it's one fo the two.

1. Tarzan will be returning but in a new format and show.

2. it will be a Nemo attraction : which is something that quite a few cast memebers are very detested by the idea. A lot ,, and I mean a lot of people at the animal kingdom are ed they closed the show with not real explanation why (being a big hit with cast and guests)

Legacy

Mecha Figment said:
there are two possible outcomes to the construction. and one fact. Yes the theater is being made to be inclosed because of the noise pollution it caused ruining the atmosphere of the park, and second for the show it will hold.

It is goign to be one of these two possibilites.
I've heard both as fact but we all know thats not true.. which tells me it's one fo the two.

1. Tarzan will be returning but in a new format and show.

2. it will be a Nemo attraction : which is something that quite a few cast memebers are very detested by the idea. A lot ,, and I mean a lot of people at the animal kingdom are ed they closed the show with not real explanation why (being a big hit with cast and guests)
I hadn't heard the first one but I would LOVE to see it come to pass... especially if they format it more closely to the Broadway version. An honestly, with seeing the popularity of FotLK, I think that less of a rock concert format would be better recieved. Tarzan Rocks always suffered from a "Love it or hate it" symptom.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Legacy said:
I hadn't heard the first one but I would LOVE to see it come to pass... especially if they format it more closely to the Broadway version. An honestly, with seeing the popularity of FotLK, I think that less of a rock concert format would be better recieved. Tarzan Rocks always suffered from a "Love it or hate it" symptom.

Its not going to happen. Its Nemo going in there, and has been since mid 2005.

Legacy

wdwmagic said:
I figured as much... ever since the first rumor of Nemo going in surfaced on these boards I have begrudgingly accepted it. Tarzan was never a popular enough franchise to warrant such an expensive attraction for long (and a show like that had to have been one of the more expensive ones on property). I'm just said to see the truly unique and creative shows being closed. But I'm sure Nemo will be popular, even though I HATE the idea of that film getting it's own show.

Shaman

wdwmagic said:

In a way I suppose it's good, aquatic animals aren't really represented at AK. At least Nemo (though animated) will give the ocean and its animals some presence at AK....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom