Tarzan Rocks Theater Construction

barnum42

pat_naughty05 said:
I still don't get why Tarzan Rocks had to close. I was at Disney this summer, and the show was packed! Sorry if an explanation has already been given, but does anyone know why this happened?
One of the cited reason was expense. A live band and all Equity cast costs a lot more than the click track and low paid chorus of Festival of the Lion King (not to take anything away from the FOLK chorus as they do a cracking job with some especially good performers).

peter11435

Original Poster
barnum42 said:
One of the cited reason was expense. A live band and all Equity cast costs a lot more than the click track and low paid chorus of Festival of the Lion King (not to take anything away from the FOLK chorus as they do a cracking job with some especially good performers).
I thought the four singers, 4 tumble monkeys, and the aerial performers in FOTLK were Equity?

barnum42

peter11435 said:
I thought the four singers, 4 tumble monkeys, and the aerial performers in FOTLK were Equity?
Indeed, the featured performers are, but the chorus - all the other animals - are on the standard low Disney World Entertainment Department wage.

imagineersrock

objr said:
In a way I suppose it's good, aquatic animals aren't really represented at AK. At least Nemo (though animated) will give the ocean and its animals some presence at AK....

...But Nemo?

...In Dino-land?

I just can't see this ending well.

:brick:

NitroStitch

barnum42 said:

Ah, what price is creativity and excellence? :brick: (Not to take anything away from the talent in the other shows, but...) I wish the value of live music meant more than just dollars to the bottom line. Guess that's why I'm not in charge of budgeting. :(

NitroStitch

OnWithTheShow said:
RIP Hollywood Hitmen.... the first to go.

Oh yeah - I miss them too! I still walk by where they used to play on New York Street and sigh. :cry: And Future Corps (if I'm getting the name right?) at Epcot. :brick:

barnum42

NitroStitch said:
And Future Corps (if I'm getting the name right?) at Epcot. :brick:
Right name. Tomorrowland has a similar band to Future Corp - Tomorrowland Countdown. Their performance times are not in the entertainment schedule, but if you as at Guest Services they will let you know when they are playing.

barnum42

NitroStitch said:
Ah, what price is creativity and excellence? :brick: (Not to take anything away from the talent in the other shows, but...) I wish the value of live music meant more than just dollars to the bottom line.(
Corporate suits care nothing about creativity and excellence - bottom line dollars are all that matter.

Legacy

barnum42 said:
Corporate suits care nothing about creativity and excellence - bottom line dollars are all that matter.
See, the good thing is that Tarzan WILL be on Broadway. The big rumor was that Hunchback was closing because they were bringing the German production to Broadway, but that sadly never came to pass.

I WANT THAT SOUNDTRACK THOUGH!

TimeTrip

barnum42 said:
Right name. Tomorrowland has a similar band to Future Corp - Tomorrowland Countdown. Their performance times are not in the entertainment schedule, but if you as at Guest Services they will let you know when they are playing.

Similar yes.. but nowhere near as awesome :(

Lee

Adventurer
Legacy said:
See, the good thing is that Tarzan WILL be on Broadway.

And to continue the Broadway connection...some of the creative folks behind the Nemo show were involved with Avenue Q.:cool:

Sergeant Tibbs

wouldnt it make more sense to update the tarzan show instead of making a whole entire new one? And why are they replacing this ride? Just add a wall and go create something else somewhere else. Theres plenty of other stuff that needs updating than this one does. Im not mad or anything, I just dont get it. but ohwell, I hope the new show is something cool.

ICP06

imagineersrock said:
...But Nemo?

...In Dino-land?

I just can't see this ending well.

:brick:

That whole Dinosaur area thing in AK never really made sense to me anyway... I'd be quite in favour of perhaps splitting it into a marine area and a smaller dinosaur section... Heck, AK could do with branching out into other areas of nature... Personally, I think the emphasis is too much on safari/safari-like animals as it is.

*shrugs* I never saw Tarzan, but the Nemo attraction sounds fairly cool-if out of place.

*ponders*
ICP06

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom