Tarzan Rocks Theater Construction

peter11435

Original Poster
JROK said:
I hope it's not a Nemo show... Nemo already has his own attraction at EPCOT... They wouldn't let Lion King have two shows... remember they closed the show at MK when FotLK opened? You can't let one movie have two attractions and the other's can't...
Actually they closed the one at MK about 4-5 years after FOTLK opened. Not to mention they still half the Circle of Life film at the land. That said I agree that I would like to see something other than Nemo at AK.

IcicleM

Not To Worry

Hey guys, don't worry about not being able to hear the music of Tarzan, or see the show, because it's coming to Broadway this March. Go to www.broadway.com and check out their website.

It's going to be an awesome show, and the reason why they took down Tarzan Rocks was to put a new rendition of it on Broadway. Currently, Aladdin is in California Adventure, and it's an awesome show. They might even consider moving that to Broadway in a while.

There's also The Little Mermaid. That's the next show they said is bound for Broadway, so look out for that one. I got my information from one of the Disney Staff members on a Keys to the Kingdom tour, and he had been there for quite a long time. He told us, last year, in the summer, that they were going to remove Tarzan Rocks and he didn't know what they were going to replace it with, but his guess was Finding Nemo. He told us about Tarzan coming to Broadway, and The Little Mermaid thereafer.

peter11435

Original Poster
IcicleM said:
Hey guys, don't worry about not being able to hear the music of Tarzan, or see the show, because it's coming to Broadway this March. Go to www.broadway.com and check out their website.

It's going to be an awesome show, and the reason why they took down Tarzan Rocks was to put a new rendition of it on Broadway. Currently, Aladdin is in California Adventure, and it's an awesome show. They might even consider moving that to Broadway in a while.

There's also The Little Mermaid. That's the next show they said is bound for Broadway, so look out for that one. I got my information from one of the Disney Staff members on a Keys to the Kingdom tour, and he had been there for quite a long time. He told us, last year, in the summer, that they were going to remove Tarzan Rocks and he didn't know what they were going to replace it with, but his guess was Finding Nemo. He told us about Tarzan coming to Broadway, and The Little Mermaid thereafer.
I think Tarzan on broadway will be great. But Tarzan Rocks closing has nothing to do with the opening of the broadway show. Both could easily co-exist just like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

WeLComeHomE OKW

peter11435 said:
I think Tarzan on broadway will be great. But Tarzan Rocks closing has nothing to do with the opening of the broadway show. Both could easily co-exist just like Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

I completely agree, I think this was a strategic move by the imagineers so the ppl riding Expedition Everest didnt have to hear Tarzan Music when they are encountering the Yeti. And as much as Tarzan Rocks was one of my favorites, I am excited to see whats gonna be next. BUT, I really hope its NOT finding nemo!! And, I think it should be a normal show (like Hunchback, Beast, Festival of Lion King, Tarzan, Jungle Book), because i think disney world has enough stunt shows and 3-D shows.

P.S. What if its not even a show?? Pfft, now im just talkin crazy talk.:p

Connor002

Progress is a good thing...

It's better for it to go out on top (well, maybe not "on top") than removed out of lack of attendance.

im having a few problems with this whole nemo show. First off that is dinoland. Tarzan semi-fit into dinoland, nemo doesnt. Nemo fits in the living seas where it is right now.

Secondly, it really isnt a problem with the show, just the park. I dont know how many people realize this but DAK doesnt have a single sit down restaraunt. They have quickserve ones but one where you can sit down and a waiter/waitress comes to your table has been left out. I think thats a problem. I think a theme sit down restaurant there would be great. Im not management and no where near that so.....I dont make the choices.

peter11435

Original Poster
Mickeyman819 said:
im having a few problems with this whole nemo show. First off that is dinoland. Tarzan semi-fit into dinoland, nemo doesnt. Nemo fits in the living seas where it is right now.

How did Tarzan semi-fit into Dinoland.

peter11435

Original Poster
Mickeyman819 said:
Well it still had that dino-ish feel. It wasnt a complete fit but had a few characteristics.
Im not trying to be difficult I just really don't understand. What about Tarzan game it a dino-ish feel .

Legacy

Ducky_Love said:
When they closed Hunchback they started pulling apart the set while we were still in the theater taking pictures with the cast! :brick:
That's exactly what I was going to say. I saw the final Hunchback show, and then a bit later went on the back stage tour. As we truned the corner, there was Esmerelda and Quasi, waving at the tram, and behind them were workers loading up a truck with props.

It was all very sad...

I had heard from a source when I was down in Disney over New Years that Disney decided it would be a good idea to build walls around the stage to stop the noise pollution. I understand the reasoning but with the actual stage and seat covering being a giant tent i can't see this happening. But I do believe this might be something that's on the list especially with the new yetti Noises and roller coaste rnoises going on! gosh, could you imagine, dori singing "just keep swimming just keep swimming,... ROARRRRR!!!, what do we do we swim swim swim..." I mean jeeze. way to scare a kid when he aint expecting it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom