News Target coming to Walt Disney World and Disney Store shop-in-shop coming to Target stores

flynnibus

Premium Member
well it turns out one of my local stores is in the first group of 25 targets to get the new store-in store... I'll report what I see when its open :)

Cmdr_Crimson

Maybe some? Don’t think so... it’s not like they have a jewelry counter. Certainly no household items etc... this is not the world of Disney store. They don’t even carry adult clothing lines etc.

The Warner bros stores that predated all these were much more like that... adult focused... but that concept died. I had high hopes after Disney took them back and launched new designs... but it’s still all cheap toddler toys.
When a company called The Childrens Place takes it over you know their demographic they are aiming to..Glad it got bought back by Disney.

flynnibus

Premium Member
When a company called The Childrens Place takes it over you know their demographic they are aiming to..Glad it got bought back by Disney.

Why? They changed nothing except the decorations and effects in the stores. The stores did not change their target at all after Disney rebooted the store concept.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am going to throw my two cents in..

View attachment 402209

That is where I expect Target to go. There has been A LOT of land clearing over the last two months there. I know someone else said it was part of a housing project, but there is too much land being cleared there for that.

Nope, that is all housing...

flynnibus

Premium Member
Even The Children’s Place did not really change much. Disney has already gutted the stores of the unique merchandise.

I don't even need unique... bring in some of the stuff from the parks... or anywhere... that isn't cheap plastic toddler toys and plush. The stores make the Walmart toy aisle look 'exotic'.

They spent millions on atmosphere and staging in the stores... and yet didn't focus at all on the biggest issue. Pushing junking.

tissandtully

Have you been in one recently? Unless you are buying for a 5yr old... there is nothing of interest in them. It’s all play dolls, plush, and toddler clothes.
That's very true
well it turns out one of my local stores is in the first group of 25 targets to get the new store-in store... I'll report what I see when its open :)
Clearwater is getting a Target store and there’s a real disney store right down the road still open.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Clearwater is getting a Target store and there’s a real disney store right down the road still open.

Here the closest Disney story is probably 35mins from the designated target. And really on the edge of suburbia... there are many more 'central' locations than this one. 2 of the 3 Northeast stores are not near the major metros.. but rather an arms length away.

KDM31091

I am usually disappointed when I look around in the couple of mall Disney Stores around here. 95% of the merchandise seems to be for toddlers/young kids. I understand it's a huge part of their business, but there are many adult Disney fans out there. I don't understand why adults are basically ignored in the Disney stores.

Putting Disney into Target is just a way to reach the people who aren't browsing the malls these days and are doing more one stop shopping at places like Target. They will surely sell more merchandise being in a constantly busy location like Target vs a dedicated store in a mall (especially when some malls are pretty dead). Can't really blame Disney for it, and the Disney Stores themselves are nothing special these days unfortunately so even if this does mean they're going away, it doesn't bother me all that much.

SirWillow

Why all the hatred about having a Target? There is almost nowhere within WDW property that you can buy something useful. Target fills that need.

And not everyone drives to Target, so the nearby Target outside the gates is no man's land for a lot of people.

Target also has a history of catering their stores to the populations they serve. Some stores build more-or-less the same cookie cutter store everywhere. But Target has multi-level stores in downtown areas, compact urban stores in medium density areas, Super Targets and regular Targets for car-dependent suburbs, etc. I have a feeling that a Target will be designed that caters to the WDW audience in both looks and items offered.

There you go, getting logical in a thread that is obviously adverse to that. I don't know if you noticed but there isn't a single post I found against it that wasn't more than a bad meme of a Target store in a park or something like that. Not any real discussion of why a Target store somewhere on property wouldn't be a good thing. Just silliness instead. *sigh*

They also have NOT said at all where this is going. There are people making guesses and presenting their guesses as facts, but they are all still guesses. Disney hasn't said if it's going at Flamingo Crossing (maybe), Disney Springs (highly unlikely), or some other brand new location. They also haven't said one way or the other as to whether or not resort guests would be able to get to it easily, but I would hope so since the ones off property are completely inaccessible to the vast majority of resort guests unless they are wiling to pay for off property transportation, which would pretty much defeat the purpose of the announcement.

flynnibus

Premium Member
There you go, getting logical in a thread that is obviously adverse to that. I don't know if you noticed but there isn't a single post I found against it that wasn't more than a bad meme of a Target store in a park or something like that. Not any real discussion of why a Target store somewhere on property wouldn't be a good thing. Just silliness instead. *sigh*

Resorts used to be about getting away from your daily grind... not paying to have a sterilized, stripped down version of your normal life. I don’t want to browse the homeward aisles on my vacation... nor the entertainment section. If there is something I need for my vacation that I forgot, or broke, make it easy to get it to my room without me “making a trip to the strip mall”.

Disney could have paired up with amazon and done amazon lockers or free next day delivery to on property and then that would have been a way to improve my vacation experience.

Opening a retail location on property doesn’t do a lot for me. This deal was more about targets not at wdw...

JIMINYCR

I'll be happy to have a Disney section in my Target. Since the Disney store closed here years ago, I sometimes find a little bit of Disney in a section of my Hallmark store but thats gotten smaller and smaller.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Have you been in one recently? Unless you are buying for a 5yr old... there is nothing of interest in them. It’s all play dolls, plush, and toddler clothes.

That was accurate a couple years ago. They recently started adding in a few adult lines and more unique items.

Janir

Hire a weatherman to run the company, you get ESPN.

Hire a salesman to run the parks and you get Target on property and little Disney stores co-mingled with Targets.

And I'm sure the Board of Directors just put a Target on Chapek's back...
I dunno. AS much as we all like to dump on the Bobs, this deal may not be so bad for Both parties. Disney gets a bigger retail presence in stores with out having to open up their own stores in empty malls and all it cost them was effectively a storefront space for a Target in their shopping districts? ( I'm gonna assume both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney) They could live with Targets in both shopping districts and for people on property it would actually be helpful to be able to get regular department store items with out having to uber/lyft off property in WDW. More convenient to get some missed essentials or do some simple shopping for basic food stuffs or clothing while in Disney World. Sometimes people just need a pair of simple swim trunks and a Ron Jon's is overpriced for them. Or they want a case of beer and sodas and they don't deal with Amazon Prime or other online shopping well.

nicb88

I dunno. AS much as we all like to dump on the Bobs, this deal may not be so bad for Both parties. Disney gets a bigger retail presence in stores with out having to open up their own stores in empty malls and all it cost them was effectively a storefront space for a Target in their shopping districts? ( I'm gonna assume both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney) They could live with Targets in both shopping districts and for people on property it would actually be helpful to be able to get regular department store items with out having to uber/lyft off property in WDW. More convenient to get some missed essentials or do some simple shopping for basic food stuffs or clothing while in Disney World. Sometimes people just need a pair of simple swim trunks and a Ron Jon's is overpriced for them. Or they want a case of beer and sodas and they don't deal with Amazon Prime or other online shopping well.

The site that shall not be named mentions that Target (as well as Walgreens and Speedway) are going to be located at Flamingo Crossings.

I personally can’t see where Target is labelled on the diagrams there (while Walgreens and Speedway are), but there is a large retail outlet drawn, so that could be it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The site that shall not be named mentions that Target (as well as Walgreens and Speedway) are going to be located at Flamingo Crossings.

I personally can’t see where Target is labelled on the diagrams there (while Walgreens and Speedway are), but there is a large retail outlet drawn, so that could be it.

As I posted in another thread, there is no building big enough on those plans for a Target, although there is still other land at Flamingo Crossing that could be used for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom