Tangled restrooms opening date

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I could not disagree more. It is the Disney aesthetic that brings people back generation after generation, fills resorts, sells DVC's and even plush. To cut corners is to damage the brand. "Magic" equals profit.

Who said anything about cutting corners? The CL expansion and work done in DCA is beautiful, and has resulted in a dramatic rise in attendance out there. Please don't argue just for its own sake.

jt04

Who said anything about cutting corners? The CL expansion and work done in DCA is beautiful, and has resulted in a dramatic rise in attendance out there. Please don't argue just for its own sake.

Sorry, I was responding to post #804 not your posting. My error.

Rhinos Rock!

You should ask the shareholders what they think of the upgrades to DCA then....
I will. Got their names, addresses and phone numbers? I don't.
The primary mission of any publicly traded company is to make a return to the shareholders. I'll betcha that the vast majority of Disney shareholders are very pleased with Disney's longterm performance in that regard. How many times has Disney's stock split since DisneyLand opened? What is Disney stock trading for? $57.39 yesterday, a $1.07 increase.
Bank of America went DOWN about the same amount yesterday. Which stock would you rather hold?

Rhinos Rock!

Sorry, I was responding to post #804 not your posting. My error.
Building more "walls" to "complete the look" would not bring in one more Guest to The Magic Kingdom.
Mom: "We have JUST GOT to go back, I've just read on WDWMagic that Fantasy Land has MORE WALLS!!"
Dad: because he is a wise man he thinks to himself, "Walls? She's lost her mind, I'm not dropping that much coin to see a couple of new, fake walls".
The Kids: "We want PRINCESSES!!"

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I will. Got their names, addresses and phone numbers? I don't.
The primary mission of any publicly traded company is to make a return to the shareholders. I'll betcha that the vast majority of Disney shareholders are very pleased with Disney's longterm performance in that regard. How many times has Disney's stock split since DisneyLand opened? What is Disney stock trading for? $57.39 yesterday, a $1.07 increase.
Bank of America went DOWN about the same amount yesterday. Which stock would you rather hold?

And here I was thinking that you spoke for all of the shareholders when you prattled on....

And do you really think that's why Walt got into business in the first place? Or created Disneyland, or even what would become Walt DIsney World? Or are you here to continue pi$$ing in everyone's ear, when you've (admittedly) never been to DCA and seen what was created out there?

And by the way, those "upgrades that do not bring a dime more revenue or return" have been brining in record numbers of people through the gates out in Anaheim. Spending money on everything from tickets to food to merchandise. You know, bringing a return on the investment made.

jt04

Building more "walls" to "complete the look" would not bring in one more Guest to The Magic Kingdom.
Mom: "We have JUST GOT to go back, I've just read on WDWMagic that Fantasy Land has MORE WALLS!!"
Dad: because he is a wise man he thinks to himself, "Walls? She's lost her mind, I'm not dropping that much coin to see a couple of new, fake walls".
The Kids: "We want PRINCESSES!!"

Wow, Walt would have told you a different story. But I guess you know better than him. If you were advising him back in the day perhaps Disneyland would be called "Six Flags" instead.

Rhinos Rock!

Disney Travel Agent to prospective Brazilian Tour Group: "And we've just added some more new walls in Fantasy Land".
Brazilians: "Walls? We don't care about walls. We care about where and when we can sing and dance and CHANT and drive the WDWMagic crowd NUTS!"

Rhinos Rock!

Walt is long gone. Maybe you didn't get the memo?
"Walls", even if you named them "WALT'S WALLS", are not going to cause one more person to buy a vacation at Disney World.
BTW, the increase in Disney stock was due to the recent announcements about the new Star Wars movie, primarily related to Harrison Ford signing on. Not a trade publication out there credited anything happening at DisneyLand for the increase.
As far as DisneyLand goes, I have absolutely no interest in traveling to California. I'm an East Coaster, you can keep the Left Bank.
Have any of you ever actually been to Fantasy Land? It is and always has been for little kids, primarily little girls. They want PRINCESSES, they want Alice, they want cute, little, relatively calm rides (and so do their parents, the ones who PAY for the vacation). No 7 year old little girl wants to stop and "SEE THE PRETTY WALL". They want to hug a Cast Member in costume and then get in The Pooh Queque.

Rhinos Rock!

The kids love the new Dumbo, BTW. It's all in your point of view. For that matter they always ride the carousel and Goofini always gets a ride or two. The new E-ticket in FLE well the kids didn't think much of that. TSI is another place high on the kids list of things to do, you do realize MK is a family park??? Might want to talk to some kids on what they like not the adults.
Absolutely Corey P. Everything you list is a RIDE, not some "new walls".

Animaniac93-98

I agree we should not get distracted from the real issues that plague MK and WDW broadly speeking.

On that note, the real crime here is the replacement of the music loop. Now where will I go to listen to non-stop polka and yodeling?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And yet, the work at DCA, and the theming at this new Tangled area (and even the walls) can show just what Disney is capable of. And how theming, along with so much else, can bring in new guests through the gates.

And watch out for the nails and other sharp instruments. Home and garden shows can be quite hazardous for the rubber-coated.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom