Tangled restrooms opening date

donaldtoo

Yesterday is indeed a date which will go down in the annals of bathroom history! Conflatulations to TDO and all involved! :) :p

djlaosc

Yes. Everything "inside the walls" will keep the "tent" design, and will not be changed to match the newer work.

What actually are the attractions "inside the walls"?

Prince Charming Carousel
Princess Fairytale Hall

"it's a small world"?
Mickey's PhilharMagic?
Peter Pan's Flight?

jt04

Prince Charming Carousel
Princess Fairytale Hall

"it's a small world"?
Mickey's PhilharMagic?
Peter Pan's Flight?

Hard to say as the spaces are not well defined. It is not intuitive and needs to be reimagined. Though I must admit they are off to a good start.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Prince Charming Carousel
Princess Fairytale Hall

"it's a small world"?
Mickey's PhilharMagic?
Peter Pan's Flight?

I think it's pretty much all of the classic Fantasyland. The FLE back story talked about the enchanted forest being beyond the castle walls. I think that's why there are walls with entry ways leading into the FLE.

jt04

I think it's pretty much all of the classic Fantasyland. The FLE back story talked about the enchanted forest being beyond the castle walls. I think that's why there are walls with entry ways leading into the FLE.

Yes, I think PPF, and IasW are no longer considered inside the walls. Only Philharmagic, the new (possibly temporary) m&gs and the carousel remain inside the walls and have maintained the tent theme. So in the long run the tents could rather easily be reimagined away.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes, I think PPF, and IasW are no longer considered inside the walls. Only Philharmagic, the new (possibly temporary) m&gs and the carousel remain inside the walls and have maintained the tent theme. So in the long run the tents could rather easily be reimagined away.

So is the plan to build more walls like the ones at the start of new fantasy land that seperate off Pan and SW?

jt04

So is the plan to build more walls like the ones at the start of new fantasy land that seperate off Pan and SW?

Great question. Because of the design of the new Rapunzel area is clearly outside the castle walls I think they will. Similar to the way you now pass through the walls into the forested areas of the new mountain/BATB areas, I think they will transition from the courtyard into the village as represented by Rapunzel. As it stands now there is no transition. Once I saw the concept for the Rapunzel area it became clear to me that the courtyard would have to be well defined in the long run. Including walls between the Village Haus and Philharmagic of some sort to better define the castle courtyard.

On a side note, I really think the details on the new Rapunzel area are better than the details of new Faire that was added to Disneyland. Imagine the Philharmagic/IasW/PPF passage if they receive a similar upgrade. WOW!

djlaosc

Aren't Winnie the Pooh and Mad Tea Party outside the walls, though?

Lee

Adventurer
Remember there was a rumor that this is a "temporary" location for the M&Gs and that eventually they will receive permanent homes in FL. I will be more interested to see what happens to the PPF façade when the work starts on that project next.

That will be the real indicator of the long range plans for the 1970's tent aesthetic. I am betting the tents are going away by the 50th.
Based on what I'm seeing/hearing...it won't be all that temporary. At all.
Yes. That's why Pooh's facade/entrance was changed.

I expect Pan and iasw to remain " inside the walls." No current plan to build more walls on that end.

jt04

That is why they moved the tree to the front of the new interactive queue. The castle wall above the area does not conflict because you are outside the walls looking towards the castle complex (in theory).

The tea party needs a new roof theme for sure. Thatched roof would work or even a crystal roof. But to really incorporate the ride system and keep it in place it needs to be themed to the 100 acre woods. The 'Alice' theme would need to be reimagined.

jt04

Based on what I'm seeing/hearing...it won't be all that temporary. At all.

I expect Pan and iasw to remain " inside the walls." No current plan to build more walls on that end.

If you are right about all this it is truly a failure of vision. These upgrades could happen for very little investment considering the payoff. It would create cohesiveness and finally fix all the problems with the original FL. And there were many. It will be like they went half way through the project and just stopped.

Rhinos Rock!

" These upgrades could happen for very little investment considering the payoff."
What "payoff" would that be? Such upgrades do not bring in a dime more revenue or return to the shareholders.

WDWFanDave

If you are right about all this it is truly a failure of vision. These upgrades could happen for very little investment considering the payoff. It would create cohesiveness and finally fix all the problems with the original FL. And there were many. It will be like they went half way through the project and just stopped.

Hmmm...and we've never seen that before, have we? :)

djlaosc

I thought so.

It would seem that it would be better if iasw and Pan were outside of the walls, and then everything in the castle courtyard would be to do with the "Princesses" (apart from PhilharMagic, which if they had moved to DHS and then that space was used for the meet and greet would have allowed this to work) or even with "Cinderella", if they had put the meet and greet in PhilharMagic space, and replaced Snow White with a Cinderella ride...

jt04

I thought so.

It would seem that it would be better if iasw and Pan were outside of the walls, and then everything in the castle courtyard would be to do with the "Princesses" (apart from PhilharMagic, which if they had moved to DHS and then that space was used for the meet and greet would have allowed this to work) or even with "Cinderella", if they had put the meet and greet in PhilharMagic space, and replaced Snow White with a Cinderella ride...

Bingo. Perfectly said.

jt04

You should ask the shareholders what they think of the upgrades to DCA then....

I could not disagree more. It is the Disney aesthetic that brings people back generation after generation, fills resorts, sells DVC's and even plush. To cut corners is to damage the brand. "Magic" equals profit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom