Tangled restrooms opening date

WDW1974

I wonder why we keep bringing up the fact that it's amazing that there are X number of pages discussing restrooms when:
1) This is not the first thread about it, going back I'd guess that there have been at least 10 entire threads on this (being conservative)
2) A good 1/2 of the posts are humorous posts
3) If it were a set of bathrooms on the side of a building that might be one thing, but this project has encompassed the demolition of a piece of original Fantasyland, the construction of a highly themed area in a very high-traffic location, the addition of an extra walking path to remove a bottleneck, the addition of a large structure that is visable in many areas throughout the park, and the conversations to be had on if it an effective use of company dollars.
4) I've seen much larger threads on topics that have much less actual impact to the WDW customer than this project

Just seems like there is plenty of room for discussion on this topic and I don't know why it's shocking to see it discussed.

Nah. At the end of day, we're talking toilets. And not what sometimes goes down in the FW restrooms either.

We're talking about this because WDW has so little worth talking about nowadays and some people just have to talk about WDW or they'll burst ... or their bladders will.

UNI has started theming all of its restrooms to fit the area they are located in (I believe the first two are NYC-subway and 1950s diner themed) and you don't hear UNI fanbois wetting themselves over them.

I do agree with No. 2, though.

djkidkaz

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Nah. At the end of day, we're talking toilets. And not what sometimes goes down in the FW restrooms either.

We're talking about this because WDW has so little worth talking about nowadays and some people just have to talk about WDW or they'll burst ... or their bladders will.

UNI has started theming all of its restrooms to fit the area they are located in (I believe the first two are NYC-subway and 1950s diner themed) and you don't hear UNI fanbois wetting themselves over them.

I do agree with No. 2, though.

Outside of posts which are meant to be funny, most folks have not discussed the actual toilets themselves in most of the (too many by far) threads on this subject, or honestly the bathrooms themselves. They've been focused on the area in general, the theming, the tower, and the question of if this area would have some form of meet and greet with Rapunzel.
While I agree that there should be more substance going on that could be discussed outside of the rumored projects in various degrees of stagnation, I somehow feel that a rebuild of a corner of Fantasyland, even if its just somewhere to, ummm, take a load off, hasn't really been talked about more than others. I mean, it's not a few hundred pages on coffee! It's a handful of threads that usually amount to a few questions and a few hundred posts of toilet humor, of which I am happy to join in. Loves me some 5th grade humor.

Cosmic Commando

Saw some new pics.. the whole area looks amazing. And I'm not joking at all!!!

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/02/fantasyland-news-seven-dwarfs-tangled_6712.html
Those pictures actually made me sad. Seeing that tower beautifully lit up at night like a weenie drawing you in... to the bathroom. :rolleyes: I could legitimately see some people following that tower, getting to the base and getting PO'ed when they realize it's just bathrooms.

Especially now this will never happen, but for the love of all things Disney Princess©, they should have built a Tangled ride on the Snow White tracks!!! It would've immediately rivaled Pan for lines.

lego606

MagicBandit
Those pictures actually made me sad. Seeing that tower beautifully lit up at night like a weenie drawing you in... to the bathroom. :rolleyes: I could legitimately see some people following that tower, getting to the base and getting PO'ed when they realize it's just bathrooms.

Especially now this will never happen, but for the love of all things Disney Princess©, they should have built a Tangled ride on the Snow White tracks!!! It would've immediately rivaled Pan for lines.

But then the other Princesses will be jealous that Rapunzel has 2, uh, attractions!

The Empress Lilly

Wow...what unbelievably poor design. Far too big, intrusive, oblivious of its surroundings - almost autistically so. This Tangled area manages to disrupt not one but two lands. It has less consideration for everything else in its surroundings than sixty chanting Brazilians. In its mix of arrogance and disrespect it reminds me of 60's brutalist architecture right in the middle of so many quaint European towns.

The new addition may be pretty in its own right - indeed, it looks gorgeous - but it is as misplaced where it is as would be Space Mountain in Frontierland or 'Herculesland' passing for Greece in World Showcase. This Tangled area should've gone into the FL forest. As it is, with its cartoony look, its specific single-movie theme, and high tower looming over the Mansion too closely, it is a complete theme breaker for both LS and FL. :confused:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
They're nicer than you give them credit for... they don't seem to mind that Cindy gets the castle, while the rest of them hoof it down to POR (a mod, no less!) when they visit! Really Cinderella, no guest rooms?

No rooms for Cindy, she has a suite!

Gabe1

Wow...what unbelievably poor design. Far too big, intrusive, oblivious of its surroundings - almost autistically so. This Tangled area manages to disrupt not one but two lands. It has less consideration for everything else in its surrounding than a Brazilian Tour Group. In its mix of arrogance and disrespect it reminds me of 60's brutalist architecture right in the middle of quaint European towns.

The new addition may be pretty in its own right, but it is as misplaced where it is as would be Space Mountain in Frontierland or 'Herculesland' passing for Greece in World Showcase. This Tangled area should've gone into the FL forest. As it is, with its cartoony look, its specific single-movie theme, and high tower looming over the Mansion too closely, it is a complete theme breaker for both LS and FL. :confused:

It doesn't blend with Small World, yet if you look at those Tangled photo's, the seating area looks like Frontierland style. You're right it should not have gone where it is, FLE, Old FLE, New Tangle.
Like the Imagineers had one to Many Epcot Rum Dole Whips planning this expansion. Tons of money, close to two years to create and yet it is the Third Restroom built in the FLE, can't wrap my brain around this whole expansion.

The Empress Lilly

It doesn't blend with Small World, yet if you look at those Tangled photo's, the seating area looks like Frontierland style.
Yes, the seating area does look alright indeed. A great fit for Frontierland.

But this is Fantasyland, this area of FL is a Bavarian hillside village. What is a 19th century US frontier area doing in the middle of a mediaeval European town?

Gabe1

Yes, the seating area does look alright indeed. A great fit for Frontierland.

But this is Fantasyland, this area of FL is a Bavarian hillside village. What is a 19th century US frontier area doing in the middle of a mediaeval European town?

Especially when you have Liberty between Tangled and Frontierland. It doesn't blend with Small World even though they threw some stone on the entrance. All that did was make the entrance not match the balance of Small World. Oy.

You climb in one ear of an imagineer and I'll crawl in the other and we'll float through the emptiness searching for the answer in the vast open space.

Stupido

Is the reason it was pushed back to include some of the murals that the leaked art hinted at? I actually think it's a great addition, as opposed to just average restrooms slapped together. And it makes much better use of the empty space left by the old skytower.. I am all for this area.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It was not open tonight.

Side note..... Is there going to be a meet & greet as well? Hearing conflicting information on that.

There was a chat with an Imagineer last fall on the Disney Parks Blog where he said that "there were no plans" for a M&G there, and looking at the area I don't see where they would squeeze that in without causing traffic problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom