Talking Trash Can

Ak Tree

I do! I do! I took this Christmas of last year also. I couldn't figure out where the
operator was. I looked around and couldn't find anyone acting 'operator-like.' I guess he could have been around the bushes or something. The whole base the tree was on moved around like the trashcan does and I think the trunk moved side-to-side or something. I'm not sure.

Does anyone know how to post the acutal pictures on the forums? I haven't figured that out yet.

relloron

Ha. Old push. It's fun to walk by and maybe talk for a bit. It's funny to see the expressions. Once when we went and had a run in with Push it was so funny. Here, I think I need to write it down.

[Mom] Hey Push!
[Push] Hey!
[Mom] How are you?
[Push] Good, good, you're looking good yourself.
[Mom] Thank you!
[Push] Why's your water brown?
(We had coke in our water bottle)
[Mom] Oh, it came that way. It's actually pretty good. You want to try some?
[Push] Oh no. *looks at my uncle with new york hat on* Are you from New York?
[Grandma (yes, she was here too lol)] Yes!!!!

It went on for a while and it was a lot of fun. Also we went in December and saw a person doing it. My mom said that it was him (wearing black shades trying to blend in with the crowd, unoticable until you see the walkie talkie) and he quickly walked away as if we would expose his true identity. lol.

joanna71985

Here is a picture of PUSH's operator.

P1011871-1.jpg

joanna71985

Thanks! I had only one problem when I saw PUSH. There were some REALLY obnoxious teens who were blatently (??) pointing at him. I mean, come on. Don't go ruining the surprise and magic for other people.:mad:

eils

i saw the trash can before and he said hi to me.i was wearing an england football shirt at the time and push says "hey your from england aren't you?" i said "yes i am" and push says "wow how are things in england?".it carried on for a while but it was so much fun.i know its kinda different but did anyone notice in epcot a talking water fountain? i got a drink from one and then it said "mmmm that was nice!" it frightened the life out of me :lol:

~Tinkerbell~

:) I saw Push when I went last year! He was so funny! My mum got him on video. He chased my little brother (who was really quite scared! :animwink: ) and then when my mum took a picture of him he went "Cheeeeeeese!" Can't wait to see him next year!

RonAnnArbor

I got a bunch of photos of the garbage can scaring children the afternoon I saw him...and I also witnessed the talking water fountain scare the bejeesus out of a 5 year old with her mom -- it made my day.

Patsfan28

My fiance and I were at Disney Fri-Mon this past weekend, and she had never seen Wes Palm or PUSH before. Unfortunately PUSH never came out while we were in Tomorrowland, but Wes Palm was out and playing at AK. If you go to my MSN page and look at the slideshow, I got a few pics of Wes Palm's operator. My fiance was amazed how close he was standing behind everyone and they had no idea he was there.

http://spaces.msn.com/disneyfan1/

disneytink

When we went to AK one morning in July, Wes Palm asked us where we were from. We told him we were from Texas, and he said, "Texas? I have friends in Texas, but they are all bigger than me. Cause everything's bigger in Texas!" It was funny. We went back another morning, and saw him again. He again asked where we were from, and said the same stuff. We told him he met us the other day, and told us about his friends in Texas. He said he was sorry, and that maybe if he lived in Texas, he would have a bigger memory, and be able to remember us! Then he asked us to give him a hug, so we did, and then he yelled out, "TREE HUGGERS FROM TEXAS!" It was funny!

We sa PUSH once that trip, but he was going inside, so we didn't get to talk to him. We saw him the year before though.

LCK123

Excuse me for asking after all this information that has been posted.....
But where and when are the best places to see....

1. The talking trash can? There is more than one, right?

2. The talking water fountain? How many are there?

3. The talking tree? Only one in AK, right?

joanna71985

I finally saw Wes Palm. It was right before opening, and he was just rolling around. He was really funny. I loving watching both it and PUSH. Really fun to watch.

~Tinkerbell~

I saw Wes Palm this year! I couldn't see the operator anywhere, even though I was trying to find him! Loads of children were watching him, one of the littlest ones looked completely shocked! Yeah, Wes Palm was really funny. :)But I didn't see Push this year, unfortunately.

joanna71985

I saw Wes Palm this year! I couldn't see the operator anywhere, even though I was trying to find him! Loads of children were watching him, one of the littlest ones looked completely shocked! Yeah, Wes Palm was really funny. :)But I didn't see Push this year, unfortunately.

He is really hard to find. But Wes Palm and PUSH are both so much fun to watch.

dazzlemepretty

My father used to always tell me that the trash cans operator was in the rooms with the tinted windows near where the trash can does his little skit. I'm so glad to know that he is wrong, and I will definitly be looking for the operator whilst I am down there next month.

MouseWorshipper

I got to see Push on HER very first day in operation way back in 2003. She loves to find college students, young children, and honeymooning couples and sing YMCA with them. She, being a trash can and all, is very sanitary and asks guests to through away their trash inside her.

You can find the man who voices Push in the surrounding crowd, but it's tricky - Disney does demographic research on how to best disguise these guys. Look for a man in a wrinkled white T-shirt. It is usually either a Raptors-T or some message shirt with faded coloring. He'll be wearing a cap and have a satchel bag over one of his shoulders with his hand it - this is where Push's remote is. He will probably be holding his mouth in an awkward position; almost as though he has a canker sore. He has a tiny microphone hidden in his sideburns and/or stubble.

However, it is much more fun to just enjoy Push in all her glory.

As for other robots, am I only the only one who got to see that obnoxious robot Francis and his inventor in the walkway between Innoventions West and East a couple years back?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I got to see Push on HER very first day in operation way back in 2003. She loves to find college students, young children, and honeymooning couples and sing YMCA with them. She, being a trash can and all, is very sanitary and asks guests to through away their trash inside her.

You can find the man who voices Push in the surrounding crowd, but it's tricky - Disney does demographic research on how to best disguise these guys. Look for a man in a wrinkled white T-shirt. It is usually either a Raptors-T or some message shirt with faded coloring. He'll be wearing a cap and have a satchel bag over one of his shoulders with his hand it - this is where Push's remote is. He will probably be holding his mouth in an awkward position; almost as though he has a canker sore. He has a tiny microphone hidden in his sideburns and/or stubble.

However, it is much more fun to just enjoy Push in all her glory.

As for other robots, am I only the only one who got to see that obnoxious robot Francis and his inventor in the walkway between Innoventions West and East a couple years back?

Push has been around a lot longer than 2003. I can find find references to him as far back as '96.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom